will dany betary Yara for Euron?

Dex drako

just an interesting thought but in the books anyway the visions from the HOTU show one of the Mounts she will ride shown by a boat with a real corpse for a figure head. this is a reference to Euron so its likely Dany and Euron will at least work togehter at some point in the books.

so the question is when Dany and Euron meet do you think  Dany will change her mind and side with Euron because he has a better deal?

Nah, there's zero chance of Dany to betray anyone. There's no middle ground with her, and she has pointed this out time and time again.

She might give Euron a chance to serve her and surrender all his army to him, but they won't work together, he will be either her peon..or Jack's Sparrow jar of dirt.

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Dex drako said:

just an interesting thought but in the books anyway the visions from the HOTU show one of the Mounts she will ride shown by a boat with a real corpse for a figure head. this is a reference to Euron so its likely Dany and Euron will at least work togehter at some point in the books.

so the question is when Dany and Euron meet do you think  Dany will change her mind and side with Euron because he has a better deal?

What better deal? She don't need his ships now. What else he has to offer? So before asking this question please tell what he could have that would make her go back on her words. 

No.

I mean why would she? What does Euron have to offer her? Ships? With the slavers', Greyjoy, Martell and Tyrell ships Daenerys has more ships than she could ever need. His big cock? Surely after men like Drogo and Daario Daenerys would betray an ally to get lucky with blond Ron Swanson... Plus, it's 2016, who would dare turn their back on feminism and have the female lead turn her back on another gal for a guy? What about the gal code and girl power and the message and ladies owned season 6 and all that shit? 

On 8/29/2016 at 6:05 PM, Dex drako said:

just an interesting thought but in the books anyway the visions from the HOTU show one of the Mounts she will ride shown by a boat with a real corpse for a figure head. this is a reference to Euron so its likely Dany and Euron will at least work togehter at some point in the books

I never bought this theory in the book.  The "corpse on the prow of the ship" is "smiling sadly".  Euron is a crazy mo-fo - a psychopath.  I don't think he even experiences "sadness".  

yeah, Yeah I know some people think that "smiling sadly" is somehow meaning "grey joy" or whatever.  I think that's a weaksauce theory.  

12 hours ago, khal drogon said:

What better deal? She don't need his ships now. What else he has to offer? So before asking this question please tell what he could have that would make her go back on her words. 

10 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

No.

I mean why would she? What does Euron have to offer her? Ships? With the slavers', Greyjoy, Martell and Tyrell ships Daenerys has more ships than she could ever need. His big cock? Surely after men like Drogo and Daario Daenerys would betray an ally to get lucky with blond Ron Swanson... Plus, it's 2016, who would dare turn their back on feminism and have the female lead turn her back on another gal for a guy? What about the gal code and girl power and the message and ladies owned season 6 and all that shit? 

control over the iron ilse and not there Independence for one, they call this the year of women behaving badly on the show. and lets be honest dany doesn't have a good track record on keeping promises in either the books or the tv show. there just to name a few there was the masters of the unsullied and from the books only the sell sword company she killed while drunk on her wine.

it would well with in her character to turn on Yara it even fits with what Dany said to yara that she'll give every leader/ruler a chance to ask for "independence" 

4 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

I never bought this theory in the book.  The "corpse on the prow of the ship" is "smiling sadly".  Euron is a crazy mo-fo - a psychopath.  I don't think he even experiences "sadness".  

yeah, Yeah I know some people think that "smiling sadly" is somehow meaning "grey joy" or whatever.  I think that's a weaksauce theory.  

TWOW preview chapter warning.

Spoiler

in preview chapters of TWOW Euron uses living people as figure heads on his boats as a form of blood magic it seems.

4 minutes ago, Dex drako said:

control over the iron ilse and not there Independence for one, they call this the year of women behaving badly on the show. and lets be honest dany doesn't have a good track record on keeping promises in either the books or the tv show. there just to name a few there was the masters of the unsullied and from the books only the sell sword company she killed while drunk on her wine.

it would well with in her character to turn on Yara it even fits with what Dany said to yara that she'll give every leader/ruler a chance to ask for "independence" 

Reveal hidden contents

in preview chapters of TWOW Euron uses living people as figure heads on his boats as a form of blood magic it seems.

Please give me a goddamn reason? Getting the support of Iron Isles she already has a candidate who won't be rapey. She has always gone back her words for a reason. If you really think anyone would have a reason to go back on their words. Don't tell bullshit like she has a track record of betraying so she would though you can't even make a case for it. If you really want a meaningful discussion try to list some reasons why she would betray then you would get it. Otherwise this would just become a meaningless hate thread. It depends on you. 

6 hours ago, Dex drako said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ok so now the theory has morphed into that Dany will sleep with Euron because he horribly murders people in a similar way the slavers she despises did?  Somehow that doesn't make me less skeptical. 

If anything it should mean she sleeps with whatever poor soul he put there.  Unless he blood sacrifices himself (lol no).  

4 hours ago, Dex drako said:

Reveal hidden contents

This doesn't really make sense. Euron would never ever offer Daenerys control over the Iron Isles, in fact he wants control over the territories she wins. Or even if he did offer her the iron isles, it wouldn't be for real and he would screw her over the next day.  Daenerys has enough experience with overconfident men to see right through him. 

and I dont really see Daenerys betraying Yara if she keeps to their deal - which I dont think she will and in that case I dont put it past Daenerys to burn the shit out of their whole shit of an island. 

8 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

and I dont really see Daenerys betraying Yara if she keeps to their deal - which I dont think she will and in that case I dont put it past Daenerys to burn the shit out of their whole shit of an island.

can the opposite happen? I have a feeling that the dornish women or Olenna will try something nasty (an putsch) on Daenerys after her victory

The way Dany threw away Daario just reiterates that on this show, anything is possible. Dany wants the throne and she is prone to doing whatever it takes to get what she wants. If Euron presents a better option, she might do just that but probably try and keep her current allies alive and make peace out of their family. It just depends on what kind of "Hand of Cards" that Euron is holding and how he plays it. I do not think they would cast Euron just for the laughfest he was last season. Something will happen with or because of him.

34 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

can the opposite happen? I have a feeling that the dornish women or Olenna will try something nasty (an putsch) on Daenerys after her victory

I can see Yara rising against Daenerys, because that's kinda what the Greyjoys do, right? Olenna, I think not, who else would she side with, besides, she is old and mortal and wants to see revenge. As for the Dornish women, absolutely. They make have no agenda and make no sense, if D&D wants to have Daenerys betrayed they are about the best option. 

28 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The way Dany threw away Daario just reiterates that on this show, anything is possible. Dany wants the throne and she is prone to doing whatever it takes to get what she wants. If Euron presents a better option, she might do just that but probably try and keep her current allies alive and make peace out of their family. It just depends on what kind of "Hand of Cards" that Euron is holding and how he plays it. I do not think they would cast Euron just for the laughfest he was last season. Something will happen with or because of him.

why? Daenerys never loved Daario, not in the books, not in the show. Besides, Daenerys is ready to a lot to get the throne, but far from everything, she has morals. If she didn't, she would have gone for the Tywin way and slaughtered the Thirteen in Quarth at dinner and stole their ships or sacked Astapor and Yunkaii only to leave them in ashes, take the unsullied and the ships and go for it. Or she could have gone for the Dothraki way and had the Unsullied plunder cities until she had enough gold to buy ships. But she didn't, she wanted to do it the right way and according to her morals.

She extracted the promise to quit raiding from Yara, something Euron would never agree to.

There is no reason to have that promise be part of the deal, if she were to subsequently flip.

If she needed them for more than just the trip to Westros, perhaps some reason could arise, but at this point she does not need anything he can offer her.

45 minutes ago, Darksky said:

Never. D and D are all about girl power now. They will not have a female character betray her female ally.

I wish you would stop saying that, because it isn't true.

D&D, as they have been for seasons, have been all about their favourite actors. They seem to write their best material and focus all their efforts toward specific characters. Some of those favoured actors happen to be female.

They love Lena, so beefed up her role considerably (to the detriment of several other characters) and gave her far more screen time than what her character's role in the story merits.

They love Peter, so gave Tyrion stupendous amounts of screen time for many seasons (that dwindled in S6).

D&D's focus on certain characters has resulted in other story arcs and characters being very poor. Two key examples: Season 5 Dorne storyline, Arya's season 6 Braavos storyline.

Archived