Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

The Anti-Targ

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Defenders just started filming so maybe thats why? 

Iron Fist does seem to be rather sparsely promoted but then were any of the othets promoted all that much until it got close to their release?

I didnt know Foggy was going to be in the next Avengers. Personally i'm all for keeping the Netflix and Movie-verse from major plot-driving crossovers because i dont especially want to watch thr Marvel movies. So i would hope they keep the role of any Netflix characters in the movies minimal and such that it wont affect the netflix shows. Of course thats purely personal preference since i'm not a fan of many of the movies but love the Netflix stuff. 

i'm sure there are plenty of reasons there should be crossover though (some of which i can think of myself). 

Ah Damn - I didn't mean Foggy I meant Happy Hogan played by Jon Favreau. Sorry!

I guess Luke Cage wasn't promoted that much but he did appear in JJ. Daredevil Season 2 got a lot of promotion with the Punisher, Elektra etc.

I've warmed to the idea of the franchises staying within their platform yet willing to admit they are in the same world. The movies sound packed enough as they are without throwing the netflix and ABC characters into the mix. That said, if SHIELD feature in the future films it would be nice to at least have Coulson turn up

7 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Exactly. So, why wouldn't the Dr Strange magic also be explained as really advanced technology? I'm sure someone in-universe could always come up with some pseudo-scientific explanation, as they always do for whatever weird shit is going on in MCU.

It's like the hype for the magicky stuff in season 4 of AoS. People were going on about how it's going to be something totally new with the Ghost Rider and the Darkhold and "how are Fitz and Simmons going to explain the burning skull?" And then some fans were surprised/disappointed when Fitz and Simmons did what they always do and offered (pseudo)scientific explanations for all the weird shit going on. But what else did anyone expect? If they can argue that Hive using dead human bodies and looking like the dead person but then being able to morph his face into his real tentacled look and back, was somehow biologically possible, then why wouldn't a burning skull, too.

Well given the Dr. Strange magic has been around, on Earth, for hundreds of years at least (how old is the ancient one?), it is pretty hard to argue that it is based on highly advanced technology, unless someone exposes the tech as alien nano-technology that is embedded in some people's DNA dating back to a time when aliens visited Earth hundreds of years ago for extensive anal probing of a primitive people. For now though, since this magic seems to be very old and thus not logically associated with advanced technology, it seems to be metaphysical in nature.

On 1/17/2017 at 10:49 AM, red snow said:

...That said, if SHIELD feature in the future films it would be nice to at least have Coulson turn up

A-FUCKING-MEN!

This whole, "The Avengers can't know I'm dead for the good of the team" BS is no longer relevant after Civil War. Coulson needs to be back in the films and we need some answers about Fury either in the show or films soon!

Coulson needing to stay dead in the eyes of the Avengers never made any sense. His death was not staged to motivate them, he really died and was resurrected. The only thing Fury lied about were the cards being in his pocket. It makes no sense that learning of his resurrection would cause the Avengers to disassemble or hurt morale in any way. The whole thing was just the show covering for the fact that as far as the movies are concerned he's dead and not coming back. 

• 3 weeks later...

WhatchaSayinThat4Willis????   

Cap2 end theme is awesome sauce.   Thor2 endmusic is hyper ultra bang plus.   GalaxyGuards had the purple smoke bossfight showdown buildup heavy war joy greatness.  Ironman ending had you dancing in yur seat.The avengers is really the lightweight orchestral number of the whole bunch it just repeats a short riff.

8 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

There's actually a really good youtube video on the subject of the score not being memorable. I agree that the Avengers main theme is the only somewhat memorable one.

Someone made a really good response video too, but I can't find it.

Nice video.

This one?

I have high hopes for Infinity war - I think the Russos showed they can handle a large cast in Civil War. Icing on the cake would be to have a villain whose plan actually makes sense this time around.

I'm also curious as to whether this is all going to be in space or just on Earth (seems a bit limited) or hopefully a combination. Not sure how I feel about Spidey being in space - that's a lot for a teenage street-level hero to take on.

I guess the new GOTG movie will give some strong hints eg if it ends with them saying "we have to go to Earth and warn them" that'll probably be the opening act of Infinity. See the Avengers interact with GOTG will be fun and probably an easier sell than "Dr Strange meets the Avengers" as it's easier to see the two teams bounce off each other.

I'm excited about this... but I will say that I'm potentially a bit disappointed that the GotG will be returning to Earth in this first part.  Peter Quill's return home really ought to be a pretty big moment... but I'm not sure how much emphasis it can really be given when juggling a cast of literally over 30 Super Heroes.

44 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'm excited about this... but I will say that I'm potentially a bit disappointed that the GotG will be returning to Earth in this first part.  Peter Quill's return home really ought to be a pretty big moment... but I'm not sure how much emphasis it can really be given when juggling a cast of literally over 30 Super Heroes.

Well, he could still return to Earth for the first time in GotG 2 for all we know. 

On 2/12/2017 at 6:21 AM, red snow said:

I guess the new GOTG movie will give some strong hints eg if it ends with them saying "we have to go to Earth and warn them" that'll probably be the opening act of Infinity. See the Avengers interact with GOTG will be fun and probably an easier sell than "Dr Strange meets the Avengers" as it's easier to see the two teams bounce off each other.

I think Ragnarok will provide this call to warn earth, if any do. Or maybe a mid/post credits scene.

Thor finds the slaughtered jawas Asgardians and links them to stolen droids stones. He realizes that if stormtroopers Thanos traced the droids stones to the jawas Asgard, that would lead them him... home to Earth. To which Banner yells out, "No! Wait, Luke ! It's too dangerous! "No! go! Too dangerous!""

*Cue the awesome music in the background everyone no one remembers

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

that's a good point - there should be some fun to be had with Quill returning to Earth after all this time. He should be a fish out of water despite him coming across as RDJR someone who is uncannily like a person from 2010s and has grown up on Earth in the USA.

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

I think Ragnarok will provide this call to warn earth, if any do. Or maybe a mid/post credits scene.

Thor finds the slaughtered jawas Asgardians and links them to stolen droids stones. He realizes that if stormtroopers Thanos traced the droids stones to the jawas Asgard, that would lead them him... home to Earth. To which Banner yells out, "No! Wait, Luke ! It's too dangerous! "No! go! Too dangerous!""

*Cue the awesome music in the background everyone no one remembers

I keep forgetting about the New Thor film and how it's the one immediately before infinity. Don't know why as I'm really looking forward to the Director's take on Marvel.

Those are great. Wakanda looks amazing and Hela's Kirby hat looks awesome too. (She needs the black half-mask though, IMO.)

Also released today, a snippet from the extras on the Doctor Strange release: more Thor and Darryl!

Archived