Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

The Anti-Targ

• 3 weeks later...

So Ego the Living planet is Quill's dad, but he is being played in human form. Is this Ego's ability to create humanoid forms out of his own substance on display?

I read about the narrowly avoided disaster of it turning out the movie rights for Ego were owned by Fox and that a Deadpool deal that Fox needed gave Marvel the ability to get Ego back. But why was Ego in Fox's stable in the first place? Ego mostly appears with Thor doesn't he/it? Was his encounter with Galactus the thing that made Fox decide to get the rights to Ego?

On 14.9.2016. at 5:47 AM, Kindly Old Man said:

I agree with this.  Just the gushing praise that happened after it came out was embarrassing. Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, GOTG and The Avengers are clearly above it. It's in there with Ant-Man et al.

Nah. It's firmly #2, behind The Winter Soldier. Iron Man is a bit overrated (probably because it was the first), The Avengers is really well done but I found it less impressive on rewatch, and GOTG was a fun space romp, though with 2 or 3 great characters (Groot and Drax are the best).

He had his normal hair in Dr. Strange, didn't he? I guess the searching for Odin on Earth parts must be early in the movie. I figured the planet hulk stuff would come first and then after escaping he'd go to Earth looking for Odin so they could return to Asguard and defeat Hela.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

He had his normal hair in Dr. Strange, didn't he?

As far as I remember, yes.

And in all those Daryll videos, too.

17 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

They look so good. And I love Chris' haircut, I hope he sports it in Infinity War

I need more pictures of Blanchett as Hela... She can do no wrong in my book, but this picture doesn't look as intimidating as I would have expected. 

20 minutes ago, Risto said:

I can't even begin to describe how Cate Blanchett looks.

Yeah. That's WFT material right there. Hela's mask is pretty iconic. Maybe it's an effect we'll see post-CGI/editing?

Surely Hela is allowed to spend a bit of time without a mask on. When she's in scary mode in the movie hopefully she will be all masked up. But y'know, for taking showers, sleeping, promotional photoshoots I reckon Hela would be mostly sans mask.

It does look like she forgot to apply her eyeliner before putting on her mask, so she tried to apply it through the mask and it smudged a bit. 

52 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Yeah. That's WFT material right there. Hela's mask is pretty iconic. Maybe it's an effect we'll see post-CGI/editing?

Well, I thought that too. This way, she is closer to Jessica Jones than to Mistress of Death (whom I hope Hela will play in MCU)

46 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Surely Hela is allowed to spend a bit of time without a mask on. When she's in scary mode in the movie hopefully she will be all masked up. But y'know, for taking showers, sleeping, promotional photoshoots I reckon Hela would be mostly sans mask.

Well, Cate has a beautiful face and it would be shame to hide it all the time :D 

This was the comicon stuff from back in July, I don't remember reading seeing this at the time so:

Thor: Ragnarok Footage Recap

It should be noted that all of the footage shown was unfinished or behind the scenes footage. There were lots of blue screens and unfinished effects. But most of the footage was actually storyboards and concept art.

Perhaps the most shocking shot in the footage was Chris Hemsworth with a really short haircut, war paint on his face, without his signature suit. There were other painted warriors and strange creatures that appeared to be part of the same scene. It’s not clear if this is some kind of vision Thor has, but it’s certainly a drastic change from how we’re used to seeing Thor. There was also a shot of Loki with a bit of a different look but nothing quite as drastic as Thor’s change.

Other concept art showed off the sets, but much of it flew by much to fast to latch onto any specific details. But it ended with a bang by showing an animatic on a computer screen with Hulk in his full gladiator armor that was revealed at the Marvel booth followed by a shot of Hulk and Thor jumping at each other, about to engage in a battle in an arena.

Other shots included an animatic of Cate Blanchett as Hera, basically a motion shot of the concept art that was already revealed. However, the final shot had those knowledgeable with the comics going crazy because it features Thor jumping through the air towards an absolutely giant fiery demon. That demon is none other than Surtur. In the comics, Surtur is a villain who has been previously been defeated by Odin, but gets freed by Loki along with other enemies of Asgard. They all descend upon the city and eventually bring about Ragnarok, which will result in the destruction of all the Norse gods.

That sounds like something that could easily make its way to the big screen in this sequel, but we’ll have to wait for more specifics on the story as production continues and we get closer to the release in just over a year. We’d also like to point out that the new logo at the top looks very similar to the old logo for the Masters of the Universe cartoon and toy line. Perhaps that’s the kind of fantasy action movie that Taika Waititi is going for with this sequel.

http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-ragnarok-comic-con-footage/

14 hours ago, RumHam said:

He had his normal hair in Dr. Strange, didn't he? 

Thor was in Dr. Strange??

12 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Hopefully Thor gets his hammer back. 

Thor lost his hammer in the movies?

I feel like I missed something. I thought he had it at the end of Age of Ultron, which is his last appearance.

43 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Thor was in Dr. Strange??

Thor lost his hammer in the movies?

I feel like I missed something. I thought he had it at the end of Age of Ultron, which is his last appearance.

He's in the post credits scene

I agree that wondering how he gets the hammer back before he loses it is getting a few steps ahead of the game. I also get the impression that some rumours originate from events in the comics being speculated as upcoming film stories. Because Thor lost his hammer over there.

1 hour ago, The Wolves said:

I heard that he loses it in Ragnorak.

It's not unreasonable to think this would happen since it happened in the comics and the world got she- Thor.

Plus this picture on the cover of Entertainment Weekly has him without it as well.

Archived