Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

The Anti-Targ

17 hours ago, SerPaladin said:

Thor 2 was grim because the MCU is built on the Star Wars trilogy model. Chapter 1, intro the premise, everyone's quite earnest after overcoming initial trepidations or roadblacks, let's have a victory. Chapter 2, up the stakes, things are down-beat, not quite what they seem, someone loses a hand. Chapter 3, multiple action set pieces, hero discovers something deep within themselves, closure. Sure there are some slight deviations, but this is a factory, not an art gallery.

This seems... slightly dubious, given the very small sample size. Only two MCU characters have made it to three movies so far, with Thor to be the third. Of those two, the Iron Man films really don't fit that model. And I'm not sure Cap 3 does either. I get what you're getting at, but honestly I think Thor 2 was grimmer because that's the film the director wanted to make. Look at his CV: it's very different from Taika Waititi's. Terminator: Genisys, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos.

How do you put four in? I kind of get two, you have the mid credit which is after the flashy animated credits bit, that is a part of that film, the a post credit which is at the very end and is just a joke or a preview to a future film.

I kind of like Post credit scenes, I like to sit through the credits of all films, I like to see the names of those involved, so I'm there anyway. But four seems excessive. What I really don't get is when I see a Marvel film, people still leave before the post credits.

The thing with credits on blockbusters these days, is they seem so much longer. When you include the people from every effects house involved, it's quite a list.

We were watching Kong a few weeks ago and sitting through the credits and started reading off random names. No lie, there was a guy named Luke Harrison Ford. Someone had a serious SW fan as a parent. :)

So apparently it's actually five post-credit scenes. One was withheld from the press screening. However it sounds like three of them might just be short little humorous moments with the Guardians and not set up for future Marvel movies. 

http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-after-credits-scenes/#marvel

While details regarding the film are embargoed until a later date, we can tell you that three of the scenes are goofy, fun short little scenes, while one is a bit more substantial. Moreover, you’ll want to play close attention throughout the (very fun) credits, as you may be able to spot a few surprises. 

I like when movies have actual content during the credits to encourage you to sit through them.  It doesn't even have to be stuff setting up future films.  When comedies have blooper reels, for example, it's usually a lot of fun.  I'm totally fine with several post-credits comedy scenes in Guardians.  It seems to fit the film and I assume they will be as enjoyable as the Guardians films themselves.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

However it sounds like three of them might just be short little humorous moments with the Guardians and not set up for future Marvel movies.

So,like the dancing Baby Groot bit in the credits of the first movie?

10 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

So,like the dancing Baby Groot bit in the credits of the first movie?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking the first three may be like. So calling them "post-credits scenes" is kinda misleading. Then we'll get a teaser for Ragnorok and maybe another quick reminder that Thanos exists. I can't really see them teasing Spiderman in a space movie, but maybe. 

On 4/14/2017 at 2:57 AM, mormont said:

This seems... slightly dubious, given the very small sample size. Only two MCU characters have made it to three movies so far, with Thor to be the third. Of those two, the Iron Man films really don't fit that model. And I'm not sure Cap 3 does either. I get what you're getting at, but honestly I think Thor 2 was grimmer because that's the film the director wanted to make. Look at his CV: it's very different from Taika Waititi's. Terminator: Genisys, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos.

:stunned:

In a million years I would have never guessed that the director of Thor 2 also directed episodes of Deadwood, the Sopranos, Rome, Homicide: Life on the Streets, Oz, and Boardwalk Empire among others...

11 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

:stunned:

In a million years I would have never guessed that the director of Thor 2 also directed episodes of Deadwood, the Sopranos, Rome, Homicide: Life on the Streets, Oz, and Boardwalk Empire among others...

He's definitely a good director. Plus I'm sure he didn't have complete control over the film. I think they probably hired him primarily because of his work on Game of Thrones and expected him to do more of that. 

Gunn announced on Facebook that he's on board for Guardians vol. 3. The Guardians nuts should be happy they're getting a tidy trilogy based on one vision. While I liked Guardians, I always felt weird because I don't like it nearly as much as most other fans. It's definitely not in my top 5 favorite Marvel films, and that seems rare.

12 hours ago, Myrddin said:

The thing with credits on blockbusters these days, is they seem so much longer. When you include the people from every effects house involved, it's quite a list.

We were watching Kong a few weeks ago and sitting through the credits and started reading off random names. No lie, there was a guy named Luke Harrison Ford. Someone had a serious SW fan as a parent. :)

I watched Citizen Kane on the weekend. The credit for special effects was a single person. The entire credits for non-actors was 2 slides.

16 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I watched Citizen Kane on the weekend. The credit for special effects was a single person. The entire credits for non-actors was 2 slides.

How many sleds slides did Rosebud get?

A list of GOGT V.2 soundtrack

"Awesome Mix Vol. 2,” Track by Track

1. “Mr. Blue Sky,” Electric Light Orchestra

2. “Fox on the Run,” Sweet
(trailer-only song)

3. “Lake Shore Drive,” Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah

4. “The Chain,” Fleetwood Mac

5. “Bring it On Home to Me,” Sam Cooke

6. “Southern Nights,” Glen Campbell

7. “My Sweet Lord,” George Harrison

8. “Brandy You’re a Fine Girl,” Looking Glass

9. “Come a Little Bit Closer,” Jay and the Americans

10. “Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang,” Silver

11. “Surrender,” Cheap Trick

12. “Father and Son,” Yusuf / Cat Stevens

13. “Flashlight,” Parliament

14. “Guardians Inferno,” The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff
(an original track, co-written by Gunn and score composer Tyler Bates)

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839447-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-soundtrack-list-is-here#/slide/1

3 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Cannot believe we live in a world where we're getting a Cloak and Dagger show. Freeform also confirmed the lineup for their upcoming New Warriors show...

Here.

Man, Nova is just getting the short end of the stick. He was the most popular character in both Guardians of the Galaxy and New Warriors, yet he isn't appearing anywhere, whether it's movies, TV or animation (and until very recently, not even comics)- probably because of Sam Alexander, or more specifically, Jeph Loeb using the character as a self-insert for his late son.

Well, he's almost certainly not in the New Warriors because the Nova Corps already appeared in the actual MCU so Marvel were not going to loan the concept out to Freeform. He might yet appear in the MCU at some point.

Archived