The Anti-Targ

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

422 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Gunn announced on Facebook that he's on board for Guardians vol. 3. The Guardians nuts should be happy they're getting a tidy trilogy based on one vision. While I liked Guardians, I always felt weird because I don't like it nearly as much as most other fans. It's definitely not in my top 5 favorite Marvel films, and that seems rare.

Edited by Bastard of Boston

12 hours ago, Myrddin said:

The thing with credits on blockbusters these days, is they seem so much longer. When you include the people from every effects house involved, it's quite a list.

We were watching Kong a few weeks ago and sitting through the credits and started reading off random names. No lie, there was a guy named Luke Harrison Ford. Someone had a serious SW fan as a parent. :)

I watched Citizen Kane on the weekend. The credit for special effects was a single person. The entire credits for non-actors was 2 slides.

16 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I watched Citizen Kane on the weekend. The credit for special effects was a single person. The entire credits for non-actors was 2 slides.

How many sleds slides did Rosebud get?

A list of GOGT V.2 soundtrack

"Awesome Mix Vol. 2,” Track by Track

1. “Mr. Blue Sky,” Electric Light Orchestra

2. “Fox on the Run,” Sweet
(trailer-only song)

3. “Lake Shore Drive,” Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah

4. “The Chain,” Fleetwood Mac

5. “Bring it On Home to Me,” Sam Cooke

6. “Southern Nights,” Glen Campbell

7. “My Sweet Lord,” George Harrison

8. “Brandy You’re a Fine Girl,” Looking Glass

9. “Come a Little Bit Closer,” Jay and the Americans

10. “Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang,” Silver

11. “Surrender,” Cheap Trick

12. “Father and Son,” Yusuf / Cat Stevens

13. “Flashlight,” Parliament

14. “Guardians Inferno,” The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff
(an original track, co-written by Gunn and score composer Tyler Bates)

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839447-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-soundtrack-list-is-here#/slide/1

Posted (edited)

Cannot believe we live in a world where we're getting a Cloak and Dagger show. Freeform also confirmed the lineup for their upcoming New Warriors show...

Here.

Edited by Bastard of Boston

3 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Cannot believe we live in a world where we're getting a Cloak and Dagger show. Freeform also confirmed the lineup for their upcoming New Warriors show...

Here.

Man, Nova is just getting the short end of the stick. He was the most popular character in both Guardians of the Galaxy and New Warriors, yet he isn't appearing anywhere, whether it's movies, TV or animation (and until very recently, not even comics)- probably because of Sam Alexander, or more specifically, Jeph Loeb using the character as a self-insert for his late son.

Well, he's almost certainly not in the New Warriors because the Nova Corps already appeared in the actual MCU so Marvel were not going to loan the concept out to Freeform. He might yet appear in the MCU at some point.

Why are we getting this film? What exactly is the point of Venom without Spidey?

I really hope Nova shows up after Thanos "does stuff" to get that stone.  Then, Captain Marvel....potentially they meet up to be some kind of star squad.    

I don't get much out of spidey stuff being shoehorned into the bigger storyline.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Why are we getting this film? What exactly is the point of Venom without Spidey?

I heard that Sony is not doing so good financially so they probably think that the new Spider-Man movie will help them financially so maybe they'll try to use that success to sell a Venom movie. Just a idea. 

11 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I heard that Sony is not doing so good financially so they probably think that the new Spider-Man movie will help them financially so maybe they'll try to use that success to sell a Venom movie. Just a idea. 

They made less than in 2015/16. But they still made income before tax of $2.2Bn. So over all they are not in trouble. But the pictures business unit lost over $700M.

I assume it'll be Eddie Brock Venom?

I'd rather see the Flash Thompson soldier Venom tbh. I think it'd make a decent movie. Still wanna see Carnage. 

13 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Still wanna see Carnage. 

I don't really think they'll be able to pull it off proper. They're going in the direction of a more family friendly Spiderman franchise and a Carnage movie should be closer to a rated R movie with bloody, serial killing scenes. I'm trying to think of the darkest PG-13 comic book movie made and only the The Dark Knight comes to mind right now. It should be at least as dark as that with more blood and civilian deaths.

Maybe they'll do a hybrid villain and soldier Venom. Like down on his luck ex-soldier hired to steal something from Stark Industries and he comes across vials of blood from Peter and spills it on "symbiote" stuff Stark was making. He becomes Venom, then moves toward being a hero, ala Flash's Agent Venom.

Hey, I'm not saying it's a great (or even good) idea, but it'd let Sony have its cake and eat it too.

I'd just rather not repeat the storyline wasted in Spiderman 3... 

We don't know if Venom will be in the MCU yet do we?

After SM: Homecoming, I'd assume the Sony movies will be connected just nominally. Kind of like Netflix shows or Agents of Shield.

It'd be cool to see more cross over back and forth, but who knows at this point.