The Anti-Targ

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

422 posts in this topic

I wish they hadn't gone with the whole Baby Groot thing.

It's widely considered to be a marketing ploy for kids and to sell even more Groot toys because the kids are going to eat this up.

He'll be the size of a small plant and could well stay that way throughout the film.

Diesel described him recently as a much more naieve version of Groot and it's very likely that he will be there mostly for comedy scenes. Which for me is a shame because that is the GoTG character I like by far the most.

Other than that unfortunate decision I am very much looking forward to it.

Groot may well have a growing spurt - i suspect in the resolution of the third act.

I thought it was a nice touch having him on Rocket's shoulder.

Groot was a little overpowered, he's been small in the comics so it's not totally out of the blue. And what do you mean for the kids? I'm now weirdly broody about a tree baby, and I'm theoretically a full grown man.

27 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 trailer...featuring Baby Groot -- because you demanded it and deserve it.

:lol: 

Loved that.

I think that looks funnier than Vol. 1.  Drax is the best, except Rocket is the best, except Groot is the best.  I can't decide except they're all the best.

And doesn't really give the plot away. See studios it is possible.

MANTIS! How the fuck did Bautista keep that kind of comic ability hidden?

(My only concern is it looks like there's a big swarm of mooks to fight at the end again...)

This looks great. Give me all the Baby Groot you like, I have no complaints. 

Looks very amusing. Hopefully a great story as well as comedy relief.

Big smile. Looking forward to GotG 2 a lot. 2017 might not be a much better year over all than 2016, but at least we should have some fun movies to keep us distracted.

Well, that was awesome. Drax, tiny Groot and Rocket are clearly gonna kill it. Obviously we'll get a lot more Star-Lord in the film, I just hope we also get something more with Gamora this time around. 

So they renewed Luke Cage for a second season. Also apparently they showed a Spider Man teaser at some convention. 

consisting of Peter receiving a box from Happy Hogan that contains a new suit with those little armpit webbings from the comics. Apparently this allows him to glide.

Hopefully well get an online teaser soon. 

Edited by RumHam

Peter Dinklage is reported to be in talks for Infinity War, which starts filming next month. I'm thinking...Galactus? Or Pip the Troll.

12 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Peter Dinklage is reported to be in talks for Infinity War, which starts filming next month. I'm thinking...Galactus? Or Pip the Troll.

Galactus still belongs to Fox with F4, no?

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Galactus still belongs to Fox with F4, no?

Heh, yeah. It was just a height joke. ;)

14 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Funny how Dinklage was in X-men DoFP. He obviously can't reprise that role in Infinity War, so unless he voices a fully CGIU character such a recognisable person makes an MCU/X-men cross over problematic at least in this X-men continuity. With a subsequent soft re-boot possible in future, so as to introduce a new Wolverine, it would make a cross over more less problematic.

Interesting spoilers on GotG and Thor.