The Anti-Targ

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

339 posts in this topic

She looks absolutely incredible with dark hair. Made me look at her in a completely new light. She has the big headpiece on in concept art, and unless I'm remembering incorrectly, she appeared in the headpiece in the clip shown at Comic Con. I don't think people should be too alarmed.

Loving the colour palette.

On Hela, the concept art had her in her full outfit, I suspect we'll see it in the film.

This was the comicon stuff from back in July, I don't remember reading seeing this at the time so:

Thor: Ragnarok Footage Recap

It should be noted that all of the footage shown was unfinished or behind the scenes footage. There were lots of blue screens and unfinished effects. But most of the footage was actually storyboards and concept art.

Perhaps the most shocking shot in the footage was Chris Hemsworth with a really short haircut, war paint on his face, without his signature suit. There were other painted warriors and strange creatures that appeared to be part of the same scene. It’s not clear if this is some kind of vision Thor has, but it’s certainly a drastic change from how we’re used to seeing Thor. There was also a shot of Loki with a bit of a different look but nothing quite as drastic as Thor’s change.

Other concept art showed off the sets, but much of it flew by much to fast to latch onto any specific details. But it ended with a bang by showing an animatic on a computer screen with Hulk in his full gladiator armor that was revealed at the Marvel booth followed by a shot of Hulk and Thor jumping at each other, about to engage in a battle in an arena.

Other shots included an animatic of Cate Blanchett as Hera, basically a motion shot of the concept art that was already revealed. However, the final shot had those knowledgeable with the comics going crazy because it features Thor jumping through the air towards an absolutely giant fiery demon. That demon is none other than Surtur. In the comics, Surtur is a villain who has been previously been defeated by Odin, but gets freed by Loki along with other enemies of Asgard. They all descend upon the city and eventually bring about Ragnarok, which will result in the destruction of all the Norse gods.

That sounds like something that could easily make its way to the big screen in this sequel, but we’ll have to wait for more specifics on the story as production continues and we get closer to the release in just over a year. We’d also like to point out that the new logo at the top looks very similar to the old logo for the Masters of the Universe cartoon and toy line. Perhaps that’s the kind of fantasy action movie that Taika Waititi is going for with this sequel.

http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-ragnarok-comic-con-footage/

14 hours ago, RumHam said:

He had his normal hair in Dr. Strange, didn't he? 

Thor was in Dr. Strange??

12 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Hopefully Thor gets his hammer back. 

Thor lost his hammer in the movies?

I feel like I missed something. I thought he had it at the end of Age of Ultron, which is his last appearance.

7 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I heard that he loses it in Ragnorak.

43 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Thor was in Dr. Strange??

I feel like I missed something. I thought he had it at the end of Age of Ultron, which is his last appearance.

He's in the post credits scene

I agree that wondering how he gets the hammer back before he loses it is getting a few steps ahead of the game. I also get the impression that some rumours originate from events in the comics being speculated as upcoming film stories. Because Thor lost his hammer over there.

1 hour ago, The Wolves said:

I heard that he loses it in Ragnorak.

It's not unreasonable to think this would happen since it happened in the comics and the world got she- Thor.

Plus this picture on the cover of Entertainment Weekly has him without it as well.

Does this need to be relabelled as a spoiler thread then?

Sony so tangential MCU connection but:

10 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Sony so tangential MCU connection but:

Ugh! Why!!!

This cash cow isn't going to milk itself.

If done well I'd love to see a Venom film, but... I have my doubts.

Its almost as if suicide squad convinced everyone that you can make movies about superhero villains and make loads of cash, and even better it can still be one of the worst movies ever made and still rake in the money 

Soooo......I'm guessing seeing as Marvel didn't announce this it's not gonna be in the MCU with Spider-Man? Weird. And that's pretty soon isn't it, for a movie we've only just learned about?

23 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Soooo......I'm guessing seeing as Marvel didn't announce this it's not gonna be in the MCU with Spider-Man? Weird. And that's pretty soon isn't it, for a movie we've only just learned about?

18 months away, largely studio shoots and a lot of CGI. I'm sure they can easily shit it out in 18 months. It might even be a little bit watchable.

And they just announced the screen writers who would be writing it. Doesn't that imply there's no script yet? Ok, it says there's a previous draft. But still.

I think I'll be more pissed off if the Venom film is good than if it's trash. If it's trash at least that will probably be the (hopefully final) death knell for Sony's ambitions. 

Seriously, what shitty disregard for the fans though. It's one thing to want to make films with the properties you own, but this half-compromise is fucking bullshit. You can't have it both ways, Sony. 

Oh that looks incredible. I'm hoping we didn't see the whole film though, there was quite a few of the story beats in there.

I really hope Keaton gets a well written part. The suit looks amazing too.

Mixed feelings on that trailer. Lots of it looked great. Loved all the high school setting bits, the tony stark connection seems to work nicely, spidey fighting street thugs was perfect. Loved the colour palette, the way his suit worked , think he's a great Peter Parker. 

On the other hand the Vulture stuff didn't excite me. Those scenes looked so dark and grey and reminded me far too much of the awful elements of the Garfield movies. 

The trailer also seems to have shown a lot of the plot, which feels like a bit of a re tred of older movies, about responsibilities and losing his powers.

27 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

The trailer also seems to have shown a lot of the plot, which feels like a bit of a re tred of older movies, about responsibilities and losing his powers.

I don't think he's going to lose his powers, the nothing without the suit thing is just about him realising the gadgets aren't what makes him a hero. As for responsibilities, it's a Spider-Man film.