Craster's Black Blooded Curse (or WTF happened to Benjen)

sweetsunray

1 hour ago, LmL said:

Hey @sweetsunray, was just listening to the fArya wedding, and I noticed how disgustingly detailed the description of Wayman is. He's just absolutely pigging out on Frey Pie, crust in his beard, gravy on his shirt... and it occurred to me his son was also fed human meat. So that's two Manderly cannibalisms, and it also occurred to me that since Manderlys symbolize merlings / deep ones / etc, we can link this to tales of the Deep Ones and Squishers et. al. coming ashore to steal and eat children, also to Fat Bastard who will "eat your baby."

ETA: I mean he doesn't have to eat six fucking portions of the damn pie to pull off the stunt.  This is a man who is gleefully devouring the human flesh of his enemies. That dude is a sick fuck. 

Oh and Biter is a merling and he eats people too. 

Now we just need a Targaryen to cannibalize someone and we will have purple-eyed people eaters for realzzz!

This is an awesome find and association. Sorry, I know it was meant for @sweetsunray, but I couldn't help myself... unlike Manderly ;)

30 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Now we just need a Targaryen to cannibalize someone and we will have purple-eyed people eaters for realzzz!

This is an awesome find and association. Sorry, I know it was meant for @sweetsunray, but I couldn't help myself... unlike Manderly ;)

Don't make me start quoting Nimble Dick because I absolutely will. "They'll eat you boy, they'll eat you raw!"

7 hours ago, LmL said:

Hey @sweetsunray, was just listening to the fArya wedding, and I noticed how disgustingly detailed the description of Wayman is. He's just absolutely pigging out on Frey Pie, crust in his beard, gravy on his shirt... and it occurred to me his son was also fed human meat. So that's two Manderly cannibalisms, and it also occurred to me that since Manderlys symbolize merlings / deep ones / etc, we can link this to tales of the Deep Ones and Squishers et. al. coming ashore to steal and eat children, also to Fat Bastard who will "eat your baby."

ETA: I mean he doesn't have to eat six fucking portions of the damn pie to pull off the stunt.  This is a man who is gleefully devouring the human flesh of his enemies. That dude is a sick fuck. 

Oh and Biter is a merling and he eats people too. 

Very true! And indeed his son was fed "Goat". And the link with the Deeps Ones and Squishers is also so Lovecraftian.

59 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Wait, what? I've searched the thread to no avail, when does this happen?

Metaphorically or literally?

Back in Arya's Harrenhall chapters. The Bloody Mummers joke about having served the fat borthman captive human meat - that was Manderly's son. 

And Biter may actually me a merling-spawn, yes. Partially. He fits the description. He's twice as big as the other mummers - read the scene with Brienne at the crossroads inn again. He's huge. He doesn't seem to feel pain hardly at all, inhuman strength (easily overpowering Brienne, who Jaime thinks of as stronger than himself), all the doughy flesh references, pointed teeth like the 1,000 Islands fish people, and he eats people. Rorge supposedly found him out east somewhere... lots of Merlings around the Basilisks, Isle of Toads, etc. 

Now granted, ANY theory about Merlings or Deep Ones comes with the asterisk of tinfoildom. But I do think Martin is intending them to be real, if not a prominent part of the story, and if so, why not toss in a couple of Merling hybrids? Biter is the prime candidate. 

I love the picture of Biter from the Wiki of Ice and Fire, it screams Merling:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Biter

Archived