Sand Snakes in S7, any prediction?

Future Null Infinity

22 hours ago, Cron said:

Lotta great possibilities mentioned by you in the first paragraph about Arya.  Her story could turn in a lot of different directions at this point.  She could also head north alone, or head to King's Landing alone (planning to cross of Cersei), then join forces with Jaime (yes, Jaime), Dany & Company and head north for the final battle after Jaime crosses off Cersei.

Regarding the plot lines, yeah, they could separate some of these people again, but I think for the most part everybody is lining up with the major factions, and will stay aligned that way (basically) for the final battle(s) between the humans for control of Westeros (Season 7), with the survivors of that unitingin Season 8 for the final battle(s) with the WW/Others.

But I guess we'll see.

I wouldn't say "separate" but something more akin to the Kings Landing plot in previous seasons where we have several closely connecting threads, characters from them do interact with each other but your no longer talking about a single viewpoint.

It really comes back to what I was saying about how they might spread material between episodes. They could I think potentially feature the likes of Dany and Jon in every single one now or you could have several episodes akin to Blackwater that focus on either the Southern or Northern stories with perhaps bits of Sam added to the north stuff and Jorah to the southern.

I spose the big issue is really how the plot advances, large battles and major events obviously lend themselves more towards having a stong focus on one story.

1 hour ago, MoreOrLess said:

I wouldn't say "separate" but something more akin to the Kings Landing plot in previous seasons where we have several closely connecting threads, characters from them do interact with each other but your no longer talking about a single viewpoint.

It really comes back to what I was saying about how they might spread material between episodes. They could I think potentially feature the likes of Dany and Jon in every single one now or you could have several episodes akin to Blackwater that focus on either the Southern or Northern stories with perhaps bits of Sam added to the north stuff and Jorah to the southern.

I spose the big issue is really how the plot advances, large battles and major events obviously lend themselves more towards having a stong focus on one story.

Well, I hear you, and those are all good points, but let's not forget the next two seasons are heavily truncated, only 7 episodes next year and only 6 episodes the year after that.

I agree we are likely to see multiple POVs even in main story lines (e.g., Jon and Sansa, or Dany and Tyrion), but there's not a whole lot of screen time left for too much divergence.

But who knows, I suppose anything is possible.

7 hours ago, Cron said:

Well, I hear you, and those are all good points, but let's not forget the next two seasons are heavily truncated, only 7 episodes next year and only 6 episodes the year after that.

I agree we are likely to see multiple POVs even in main story lines (e.g., Jon and Sansa, or Dany and Tyrion), but there's not a whole lot of screen time left for too much divergence.

But who knows, I suppose anything is possible.

I personally wouldn't take 13 episodes as absolutely set in stone until we get an official announcement for each season but still I think theres a difference between divergence and introducing side tracks. You can cover the same general story with multiple threads and I think that's what will happen with Elleria and the Sand Snakes, there stories will be heavily tied into those of other characters even if they have a separate thread a good deal of the time.

47 minutes ago, MoreOrLess said:

I personally wouldn't take 13 episodes as absolutely set in stone until we get an official announcement for each season but still I think theres a difference between divergence and introducing side tracks. You can cover the same general story with multiple threads and I think that's what will happen with Elleria and the Sand Snakes, there stories will be heavily tied into those of other characters even if they have a separate thread a good deal of the time.

Well, it would certainly be great if we get more than 13 episodes, no complaints from me!

On 8/31/2016 at 8:17 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

What are your predictions about role of the the charming snakes in the upcoming war with Daenerys against Cersei?

I think that they will assassinate a character in the story, they are excellent in the assassination art

I'm expecting big things there Charlie.  However makes one false step, and they are screwed.

The 3 sand snakes could die in the first 30 seconds of the first episode of next season and I cannot imagine any significant plot hole that would need filling.  Of course, we will all miss those bizarrely choreographed desert fights with their elfin shoes. According to WotW, something will happen with one of them fairly soon.  Perhaps the other two can take over Gendry's boat. 

• 6 months later...
On 1.9.2016 at 2:45 AM, Cron said:

I predict the Sand Snakes are all going to die next year (except maybe the one that had something going on with Bronn, I think that was Nymeria), b/c of what they did to Myrcella, Trystane and Doran, none of whom deserved what happened to them.

I believe the "payback bill" is gonna come due for a lot of people next season, so that the "human versus human" plot lines can be cleared away to make room for the big showdown between humanity and the WW/Others in Season 8.

Then why have them for 7 seasons in the first place if they're all just gonna be "cleared away"?

Aside from the frictions with Tyrion, I'd also expect them to maybe show a bit more of Dorne and justify that whole credibility stretching coup at least in post.
A conflict within the Dornish population might spice things up - Tyrion might want to ditch the Sands and support the "rebels", or maybe Jaime will want that and Tyrion's gonna be the pragmatist and support the Sands with their bigger army, or some other constellation.

Also, what happened there at the end of S5 when Tyene(?) said bad poosey but then she and Bronn exhanged some kinda weird look? 
Back then, people thought she'd slipped him an antidote for Myrcella or something - if there was something else to it, it might get a follow up, but somehow I doubt it.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:06 PM, Pink Fat Rast said:

Then why have them for 7 seasons in the first place if they're all just gonna be "cleared away"?

Aside from the frictions with Tyrion, I'd also expect them to maybe show a bit more of Dorne and justify that whole credibility stretching coup at least in post.
A conflict within the Dornish population might spice things up - Tyrion might want to ditch the Sands and support the "rebels", or maybe Jaime will want that and Tyrion's gonna be the pragmatist and support the Sands with their bigger army, or some other constellation.

Also, what happened there at the end of S5 when Tyene(?) said bad poosey but then she and Bronn exhanged some kinda weird look? 
Back then, people thought she'd slipped him an antidote for Myrcella or something - if there was something else to it, it might get a follow up, but somehow I doubt it.

The Sand Snake I mistakenly thought was Nymeria was actually Tyene. (When I made that post you quoted above, I didn't know it was Tyene, but that was almost 8 months ago.  Since then, I have learned it was Tyene)

You ask why have the Sand Snakes around for 7 seasons? Well, to my memory, they were not around for 7 seasons, they were not introduced in the t.v. show until a few seasons had gone by.

But in any event, the major deaths are going to be spread out over the series, and we have very strong reason to believe people who HAVE been around for 7 seasons or more are very likely to die. so I don't think the fact that the Sand Snakes have been around for a while will protect them. (Example:  Cersei has had major screen time for 6 seasons, and is now the queen in King's Landing, and is a stone cold lock to die, b/c of Maggy the Frog's prophecy)

Regarding the plausibility or implausibility of the coup:  I hear you, but it is very difficult for us to judge that, b/c we are given so little information.  I'll say this, though, it's clear from both books and show that Oberyn and the Sand Snakes WERE incredibly popular in Dorne, so under the right circumstances and planning I could see the Sand Snakes and Ellaria pulling off the coup.  Among other things, note that they seemed to have no trouble slipping onto the Dornish ship, killing Trystane, and leaving again, and suffered no repercussions from it that we know of.  Also, Doran and Hotah were killed in Doran's own home, in an obvious, open and very violent manner, and once again, no repercussions.

I've just assumed that b/c Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were so highly popular and influential with the Dornish military that they were able to pull it off, and we just weren't shown all the details about how their popularity and influence made it possible for them to do what they did.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

The Sand Snake I mistakenly thought was Nymeria was actually Tyene. (When I made that post you quoted above, I didn't know it was Tyene, but that was almost 8 months ago.  Since then, I have learned it was Tyene)

You ask why have the Sand Snakes around for 7 seasons? Well, to my memory, they were not around for 7 seasons, they were not introduced in the t.v. show until a few seasons had gone by.

But in any event, the major deaths are going to be spread out over the series, and we have very strong reason to believe people who HAVE been around for 7 seasons or more are very likely to die. so I don't think the fact that the Sand Snakes have been around for a while will protect them. (Example:  Cersei has had major screen time for 6 seasons, and is now the queen in King's Landing, and is a stone cold lock to die, b/c of Maggy the Frog's prophecy)

Nah I was referring to the "human vs. human plotlines" - as in, why spend all this time on developing these complicated political conflicts and personal grievances etc. just to "clear them away" when the WWs come?

I'd expect those to play an essential role in how society is gonna react to the cataclysm, at least that would be a proper pay-off.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

Regarding the plausibility or implausibility of the coup:  I hear you, but it is very difficult for us to judge that, b/c we are given so little information.  I'll say this, though, it's clear from both books and show that Oberyn and the Sand Snakes WERE incredibly popular in Dorne, so under the right circumstances and planning I could see the Sand Snakes and Ellaria pulling off the coup.  Among other things, note that they seemed to have no trouble slipping onto the Dornish ship, killing Trystane, and leaving again, and suffered no repercussions from it that we know of.  Also, Doran and Hotah were killed in Doran's own home, in an obvious, open and very violent manner, and once again, no repercussions.

I've just assumed that b/c Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were so highly popular and influential with the Dornish military that they were able to pull it off, and we just weren't shown all the details about how their popularity and influence made it possible for them to do what they did.

Yeah pretty much this I think - they just need to actually fill in all those gaps that they should've done in S5 and 6; it could still be salvaged and end up amounting to a proper storyline.

Obviously if they keep avoiding and fleeing from the Dorne plot because of the negative reactions (instead of retroactively invalidating those criticisms by filling in the gaps), they'll achieve the exact opposite :D

It's too late for any salvage of the Dorne story, they blew that when they killed Doran and left the campy snakes alive instead of the reverse.  And since they said they had intended to leave Dorne OUT of the show entirely, it seems clear that nothing and no one in Dorne is that important to the end game.  

So, I speculate and hope that the snakes are killed ASAP and put the entire storyline out of its misery.

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's too late for any salvage of the Dorne story, they blew that when they killed Doran and left the campy snakes alive instead of the reverse.  And since they said they had intended to leave Dorne OUT of the show entirely, it seems clear that nothing and no one in Dorne is that important to the end game.  

So, I speculate and hope that the snakes are killed ASAP and put the entire storyline out of its misery.

Spoiler

they will. according to the leaks euron will kill nymeria and obera during the sea battle. and cersei will kill tyene with a poison kiss and make ellaria watch. ellaria will die by being left to starve in the dungeons.

On 8/31/2016 at 9:36 PM, RhaenysB said:

I just hope they die soon, because they make no damn sense... 

I honestly hope they just disappear completely, even their death's would be a waste of screen time. Just pretend like they didn't happen, works for me.

Archived