will Tyrion avenge Myrcella s death?

blackknight

At least the murder of Myrcella may seriously influence any advice Tyrion might give to Daenerys concerning an alliance with Dorne. Tyrion may be willing to think political if he has to but he would for sure never trust Dorne and have no compunctions to betray Ellaria and the Sand Snakes.

Varys might try to keep the knowledge of Myrcella's poisoning away from Tyrion at all costs. Only Jaime or Bronn might find a way to tell.

I'm really hoping the show doesn't just gloss over this.  Tyrion loves his family, especially Tommen and Mycella.  Just because he can't stand their parents won't change that.

Right now with dragons, Unsullied, and Dothraki Dany looks too overpowering, so guessing something has to happen to level the playing field.  A dragon getting stolen, one or two getting killed, ships lost at sea......or internal fighting among her supporters.  Can't believe Tyrion will just let Mycella's murder pass without serious issues.  And what will Dany think when she finds out her new supporters murdered an innocent girl for the crimes of her parents?

The showing of the death of Tommen and Mycella has more to do with Jaime and Cersei than Tyrion. Used more as a way to create and show flaws and create tension between Jaime and Cersei.

Bronn wont tell anyone about what happened and who Jaime tell that it would have any effect, Dany? It would be eye for an eye but through someone else's doing. Lannisters had her family killed, so why help them avenge the death of Mycella. Tyrion also should not even know about her death. Odds are he will find out from over hearing the Sands talking about it and them not knowing he is a Lannister.

As for leveling the playing field, that's is where Euron comes in.

2 hours ago, KingofIce said:

The showing of the death of Tommen and Mycella has more to do with Jaime and Cersei than Tyrion. Used more as a way to create and show flaws and create tension between Jaime and Cersei.

Bronn wont tell anyone about what happened and who Jaime tell that it would have any effect, Dany? It would be eye for an eye but through someone else's doing. Lannisters had her family killed, so why help them avenge the death of Mycella. Tyrion also should not even know about her death. Odds are he will find out from over hearing the Sands talking about it and them not knowing he is a Lannister.

As for leveling the playing field, that's is where Euron comes in.

Agree as of right now Tyrion would have no way of knowing.  But once they get back to Westeros I'm sure he will quickly hear about how the princess died right as she was leaving Dorne.  That will almost certainly bring up a lot of questions.  Can't believe no one knows how the princess died, or at least some speculation of it.  

In the show I agree Tommen and Myrcella's deaths are mostly about how they affect Jamie and Cersei.  But if the show has Tyrion have no reaction to his niece being murdered, I would be extremely disappointed. 

35 minutes ago, jrod said:

Agree as of right now Tyrion would have no way of knowing.  But once they get back to Westeros I'm sure he will quickly hear about how the princess died right as she was leaving Dorne.  That will almost certainly bring up a lot of questions.  Can't believe no one knows how the princess died, or at least some speculation of it.  

In the show I agree Tommen and Myrcella's deaths are mostly about how they affect Jamie and Cersei.  But if the show has Tyrion have no reaction to his niece being murdered, I would be extremely disappointed. 

The Sands could always say that their king, is the one who had Myrcella killed not them, as payback. Tyrion will have an internal conflict as Oberyn died fighting for him and the same family who tried to save him, kill his own family. I would be disappointed too as I would like to see how this could develop and how well Peter Dinklage could act it.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people would claim that Cersei has something to do with it as all of her children are now dead, and how she is viewed by the people of Kings Landing, the Mad Queen. This most likely would overshadow anything about Myrcella having been killed by the Sands.

I was asking my self the same question when they teamed up.   I don't think that he knows yet about Marcella & who was behind it.  He loved Her & Tommen, and thought that she would be safe in Dorne. 

However, I do think that he may TRY to put that on the back burner for now.   I do think that he will revisit the subject of her Death after all is said and done.  I think the same thing can be almost said for Jon & Dani if they team up.   Dorne doesn't like the Starks because of Rhaegar running off with Lyanna.  They don't know& I can't wait until they find out that JON IS Rhaegar's Son.    I just wonder if Dani' wont be the only selling herself into marriage.  After all Tyrion & Sansa can get back together.   But, if they do The North will never accept a Lannister in the North.

I see both dani & Jon having to actually bring waring factions in their own groups to gether.    The FreeFolk & the Northern houses, & as mentioned Tyrion & the martells.  Like Jon told Sansa,  They have issues without fighting amoung themselves.    I still think that dani is going to have major issues with the Dorthraki & their old way of life.  Not to mention they never knew the cold,  I don't think that they will be as helpful & run over everyone in Westeros.

1 hour ago, Panther2000 said:

I was asking my self the same question when they teamed up.   I don't think that he knows yet about Marcella & who was behind it.  He loved Her & Tommen, and thought that she would be safe in Dorne. 

However, I do think that he may TRY to put that on the back burner for now.   I do think that he will revisit the subject of her Death after all is said and done.  I think the same thing can be almost said for Jon & Dani if they team up.   Dorne doesn't like the Starks because of Rhaegar running off with Lyanna.  They don't know& I can't wait until they find out that JON IS Rhaegar's Son.    I just wonder if Dani' wont be the only selling herself into marriage.  After all Tyrion & Sansa can get back together.   But, if they do The North will never accept a Lannister in the North.

I see both dani & Jon having to actually bring waring factions in their own groups to gether.    The FreeFolk & the Northern houses, & as mentioned Tyrion & the martells.  Like Jon told Sansa,  They have issues without fighting amoung themselves.    I still think that dani is going to have major issues with the Dorthraki & their old way of life.  Not to mention they never knew the cold,  I don't think that they will be as helpful & run over everyone in Westeros.

I hope she does not end with idiot dwarf Tyrion, horrible couple.

While Tyrion does not know yet, we can presume he learns. Jaime and Bronn know/strongly suspect for one and if he meets them, they will tell. He himself knows about Dornish poisons - after all he staked his life on them in the Oberyn-Gregor duel. And unlike Joffrey, he loved Tommen and Myrcella. Heck, he sent Myrcella to Dorne, thinking she will be safer there. 

Another possible source is Littlefinger. He may know or suspect. And discord in Dany's camp is only good for him.

And nother Sand Snbakes themselves, boasting. They are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. They might want to try to brag about killing Lannisters - after all, Tyrion also boasts killing Lannisters, right?

Now... What will Tyrion do? Tough question. He is not afraif of dissing and chastising Dany, on the other hand he knows they need  Dorne... I guess reaction depends a lot on when and how he learns. But he for sure will not let it be.

My guess is, this will play out similarly to the Davos/Mel/Shireen situation this season.

Tyrion will just not really care about Myrcellas fate until Dorne is no longer needed in the alliance, then he'll somehow find out what happened (maybe he finds the Snake with Myrcellas necklace in Cerseis chambers after Dany has taken over KL, or the letter Jamie wrote after the murder), demands justice via Dany and Ellaria + SS get exiled/executed/imprisoned/whatever.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:39 PM, principenoprometido said:

I hope she does not end with idiot dwarf Tyrion, horrible couple.

I am thinking on the treatment that he showed her both in the books & the show.  He was the best husband she had.   SO FAR.  He did care for her( not love) he protected her from Joffrey once he got back to Kings Landing.  And, there was no way that Tyrion would ever let Joffrey touch her once he & Sana married.

They are not the ideal couple, however, all the handsome men that she wanted were not good for her. 

ook I think that Harry the Heir will turn out to be a lever or 2 below Ramsey.  If I remember, didn't he have Bastards of his own[/spoiler. I don't think that he will treat her well either]

On 9/7/2016 at 6:57 AM, Rhollo said:

My guess is, this will play out similarly to the Davos/Mel/Shireen situation this season.

Tyrion will just not really care about Myrcellas fate until Dorne is no longer needed in the alliance, then he'll somehow find out what happened (maybe he finds the Snake with Myrcellas necklace in Cerseis chambers after Dany has taken over KL, or the letter Jamie wrote after the murder), demands justice via Dany and Ellaria + SS get exiled/executed/imprisoned/whatever.

It's really hard to say, because, well, nothing about show!Dorne has ever had a ton of logic, rhyme, or reason, but Ellaria and the Sand Snakes couldn't possibly have been intended to be any kind of good guys by any stretch of the imagination, could they? They staged a coup and murdered a whole bunch of folks to "avenge" Oberyn, including his brother, his nephew, and the very little girl Oberyn had in mind when he told Cercei they don't murder little girls in Dorne, none of which seems like the sort of thing Oberyn himself would have supported, much less anyone else. And they seemed to quite enjoy most of those murders, while they were at it. Trystane in particular, which was especially mustache-twirly of them, since, in his case, there wasn't any vengeance involved; he was just an heir to be eliminated. So, supposing that really they are meant to be horrible people, even if Tyene does have some weird sort of crush on Bronn, it seems like they are actually meant to throw a monkey wrench into the works (once they help get Dany safely to Westeros) because there is just no way Tyrion is any cooler with their murdering Myrcella than Davos was about Shireen.

Also: Dany really does need a few internal monkey wrenches, because right now she's pretty much got everything in her favor. It's possible the SS are meant to encourage her to follow her more bloody-minded instincts and create conflict between her and Tyrion. Jon Snow did not hesitate to banish Melisandre over Shireen, but I think Dany would tend to be far less moved by the fate of the usurper's usurping queen's bastard incest daughter, and I don't think Tyrion could accept that attitude.

But then just because this makes sense to me doesn't mean it's remotely like what will actually play out next season.

@Therae Yeah, it's really hard to tell, if Ellaria and the SS are meant to be bad or badass. 
Doran, Trys and Myrcella weren't important enough characters to the average viewer to put their murderers on the bad guy-list, and now they are teamed up with a bunch of the clearly "good ones" opposing the ultimate evil queen Cersei.

Also, whenever Dany followed her bloody-minded instincts (and burned the shit out of her enemies) so far ist was a "cool" triumphant moment for her.

But there surely is potential for quite some internal tensions and conflicting motivations in Dany's crew (Varys still has to explain himself for sending an assassin after her in the past), so maybe we at least get twists and backstabbing that have clear motivations and make sense for a change.

10 hours ago, Rhollo said:

@Therae Yeah, it's really hard to tell, if Ellaria and the SS are meant to be bad or badass. 
 <snip>

Exactly. Given the preponderance of examples through the history of the show, it would seem bad usually is meant to be badass.

I have some hope that logic will win some small victory (okay, not win, but at least put in an appearance) in that Tyrion only just talked Dany out of taking the Total Devastation Comeback Tour to the Masters, and there was that time a while back, too, when Jorah (of all people!) talked her out of her plans for sending Daario to wreak death and destruction on Yunkai (in Season 4), so there is some understanding in the World of Game of Thrones that there are times Dany really ought to keep her Fire and Blood to herself, and maybe if the SSes get to encouraging her to kill 'em all, we can expect Tyrion to give her a few really good reasons she shouldn't be taking their advice. For my part, I would think that Varys would be with Tyrion on that. It's really hard to tell this with the show, too, but Varys has always been about the good of the realm, and I had the impression that what he was really doing with Jorah was making sure in his own sneaky and untraceable way that Dany was protected from assassination attempts--I may be mixing in ideas based on book memories here, but I had the idea that Varys wrote Jorah about the poison in the wine specifically to prevent her from drinking it. But I mean, in showverse especially, since there is no fAegon to muddy the waters, Varys will have always been in Dany's court, even if Jorah never knew it. But Tyrion does, and she accepted Tyrion without much protest about usurper's dogs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the show just glossed right over the whole business.

I don't know that Varys would be overly concerned about Myrcella in particular, however. Tyrion may be on his own there. I could see it creating a lot of conflict, though, possibly even enough to lose his faith in Dany.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived