Acrophobia 25 - RESULTS!!!!

Destiel's Child

On 9/30/2016 at 1:36 PM, Destiel's Child said:

Greetings my little chickadees.  :grouphug:

This round seems to be proving a challenge... too much freedom of choice?

Let's add some bonus points since this round is also a bit extra long.

• Funniest handle: 10 points
  • Most Unexpected Character: 10 points

Hopefully it won't make the voting too messy.  With top scores hovering at around 20 points each round, an extra 10 points could make a huge difference!

As you know, I've been enjoying this round immensely and have many options. I have a slight issue with those 10 point bonuses, personally. I think I would choose a different entry. If you really want to offer those bonuses, I think you should make them worth much smaller amounts. 10 points is way too much. No more than 3 points each in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

As you know, I've been enjoying this round immensely and have many options. I have a slight issue with those 10 point bonuses, personally. I think I would choose a different entry. If you really want to offer those bonuses, I think you should make them worth much smaller amounts. 10 points is way too much. No more than 3 points each in my opinion.

:agree:  cause after all i am the funniest and will obviously chose the most unexpected character...

3 points max... since 20 extra points up front would give me an unfair advantage...

:smoking:

1) 8  :D 

2) 9

3) 3

4) 6

I'm just going to address the new tweet challenge. I haven't had time so far, but now it's weekend and I'm ill with a very sore throat, so I won't be able to go anywhere anyway. The task does seem to be a bit intimidating, LOL, but I'm not complaining! (Not yet, anyway.) ^_^

18 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:
  • Funniest handle: 10 3 points
  • Most Unexpected Character: 10 3 points

Upon reflection and wise council, I have lowered the bonus.  I know, it's a crappy thing to dangle and then snatch away... but 3 points is still no a laughing matter. 

I think one of the reasons this game has lasted as long as it has is because the scoring system works very well and there hasn't been much tinkering with the scoring.  You're the host so you get to set the rules but I don't like changing the scoring system mid-game. 

I don't like stepping over our lovely and brilliant host but it did just occur to me that you could treat the handle in the same way the early Acrophobia games were run. Have us vote for just one "best Twitter handle" for 1 point per vote and that can be running side-by-side with the usual four best entries. I would find that better personally but capping at three points for one winner is acceptable I think.

I'm not a big fan of making it "funniest" handle or of the "unexpected character" concept mainly because I had already made about 5 or 6 tweets and handles before these concepts were introduced and I hadn't been working with those goals in mind.

Still, I will go with whatever is decided without further complaint. Given the new deadline, I will have some time on Sunday evening when i get back home to work more towards those goals if need be.

First: 8. wazzup @GreatTywin?:owned:Jamie.Ensuing fight against Lannisters conflicting #Treaty

Second: 3. #Wolfgovernment, Tywin's jacked! Everyone's fighting against Lion crown #TKMNN

Third: 7. With Gods towards Justice! Establish freedom and liberate country! #together :grouphug:

Fourth: 9. @warring_greatjon To justice, eaten fingers and lion conquering :cheers: #TKitN

since i just completed my first hosting stint in a forum game i am going to shout out to Stoney aka Destiel's Child for tackling the hosting job   :bowdown:  :cheers:

...it is a bitch to try to make the game interesting, fair and enjoyable for all...in my not so humble opinion

...just saying

True. And then you get some ideas how to improve the hosting, but when you try them, you find that they make things better for some people , but worse for others... optimal hosting mode is hard to find.

That said, I greatly enjoy DC's game, and I enjoyed yours, too, even though I was so lazy.

6 minutes ago, yomi said:

True. And then you get some ideas how to improve the hosting, but when you try them, you find that they make things better for some people , but worse for others... optimal hosting mode is hard to find.

That said, I greatly enjoy DC's game, and I enjoyed yours, too, even though I was so lazy.

i completely support this statement... it was very difficult for me to try to find balance...and follow my own rules :rolleyes:

First: 7

Second: 5

Third: 8

Fourth: 6

To reiterate, I am very much enjoying DC's game. It's great and she is a wonderful host in every way. I just wanted to explain why I felt the additional elements were problematic to me.

7 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

:cheers: to us all host and players alike...

now answer my pm oh hostess with the mostest....

Sorry all, I have been away celebrating the last bit of sunshine we are likely to have this year.

Now, I have read all the comments and here are mine:

• 3 point cap makes sense and it will be applied
  • it was intended to get some players motivated again
  • rounds are taking long by players' requests, nothing to do with extra points or the twist of creating a twitter handle
  • I figure if there is extra work to choose a character and a handle (with almost no restriction), there should be a payoff

Yes, we are changing the rules mid-game, and I'm sorry that they don't suit all.  But suck it up, it's just one round and then all will be back to normal. :D

On the positive side, I have collected some doozies this round so far  and I am excited for the reveal  ;)

lots of love..xx

Well, the deadline has passed and I am still awaiting 2 entries :o.  There are also some of you who received late replies from me, since I hadn't checked since friday.  So till the end of the night and I will post in the am.

Several of you had multiple entries... if you wouldn't each mind sending me a final PM to confirm the entry you've landed on.  

:cheers:

Round 4 Results 

Likes + Sub + 1st Place Bonus + Length Bonus + Voting

We're gonna trash Joffrey's effete fucking ass!!!  #LannisterCuckTyrant

Howlin' Howland

71 Char

2 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 4

Warning: gutting turd Joffrey #EffectiveForever Alliances looming. Care to?

Lady Blizzardborn

75 Char

0 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 3

#Wolfgovernment, Tywin's jacked! Everyone's fighting against Lion crown #TKMNN

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer

78 Char

9 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 11

#winning #GotTigerJuice ;) Everyone's finally aligned! LMFAO #casterlystoast

Rocksniffer

77 Char

6 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 8

@Westeros gather towards justice! every1 fight against Lions! #CubsTriumph

Lil' Ghost

74 Char

8 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 10

Will gut @TPTWP_Joff eventually! fftb am loving crown TBPH :blushing:

Yomi

62 Char

3 + 3 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 9

With Gods towards Justice! Establish freedom and liberate country! #together :grouphug:

Julia H

80 Char

13 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 15

wazzup @GreatTywin?:owned:Jamie.Ensuing fight against Lannisters conflicting #Treaty

Delspark

80 Char

16 + 1 + 4 + 0 + 1 = 22

@warring_greatjon To justice, eaten fingers and lion conquering :cheers: #TKitN

Dolorous Gabe

74 Char

13 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 16

Leaderboard:

Players

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Total

Julia H

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer

Dolorous Gabe

Delspark

Yomi

Howlin' Howland

Rocksniffer

Lil' Ghost

Lady Blizzardborn

Fragile Bird

A Free Shadow

That was a fab round.  It was the first time since round 1 that we've had a clear winner.  Congrats to Delspark who takes a whopping 22 points.  Bran and Julia continue to duke it out for top spot with only one point separating them!

:cheers:

Round 5 Voting 

Responses to:

Petyr Baelish @_catlover_LXIX

Successfully duped Stark! #RIPNedBert #LitllefingerFTW #YoureWelcome !

Varys @Lord_Eunuch

Sad day, SRSLY. Realm needs loyal followers, you'll witness.

60Char

0 Likes

Joffrey Baratheon @_I_am_the_king

Savoring dead Stark's rotting noggin...LMAO!  Fuck you Winterfell!!

67 Char

0 Likes

Ramsay Bolton @flayinforkeeps

STARK'S DEAD?! STFU @_catlover_LXIX! Really need Lady #(f)Arya #YOLO #wedding

77 Char

0 Likes

Lysa Arryn @_MyFairLysa

@_catlover_LXIX Sweetie, drop silly, ridiculous nicknames! #LysaForYourWife :kiss:

79 Char

0 Likes

Ser Aliser Thorne @PrickofAThorne

@_catlover_LXIX #StruckDown :D Steel rewards Ned's little failure. @Yoren War!

79 Char

0 Likes

Lysa Arryn @flyinfishfinger

@_catlover_LXIX Swiftly dear, SR requires new loving father #YOLO #waiting :wub:

78 Char

0 Likes

Sansa Stark @RichRed2RagBlck

Secret Daughter Studying Ruses Nimbly. LORD FATHER:ninja: you'll watch!

67 Char

0 Likes

Patchface @Fool4You

Shadows dance. Shadows rend. No lemmings fly yet. #word

55 Char

0 Likes

Arya Stark @catofthecanals

Scamming daddy? #StarkRedemption Needle lashes for you, weasel!

63  Char

0 Likes

Please vote for your top 4, plus one vote each for the funniest handle and the most unexpected character.

Good luck choosing!

:love:

ROUND 6:

M    V    F     A    K    H    M    L

Jaime Lannister @whosyourdaddy

Jaime has just heard rumors that his twin sister Cersei has had inappropriate relations with her first cousin. Yuck! Wait… whaaat?

Deadline for Round 6: Monday, October 10, 6pm BST

Archived