Best Fighter from the Vale

UFT

53 minutes ago, Artos Cold said:

Fucking autocorrect, how the hell does "agreed" become "shrewd". 

Agreed

Shrewd 

Same amount of letters, and on the keyboard, a is next to s, h is next to g and, w is next to e. 

Now, in terms of frequency of use I don't know how shrewd could be used more than agreed, but it is what it is, haha.

Also, living, Lyn Corbray.

Dead, Gwayne Corbray, and I don't know if he was a great fighter but Artys Arryn seems to have been a great commander, so I can't imagine he'd be a pushover, since he's a legend and all.

On September 3, 2016 at 11:25 PM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I think bronze yohn would kick Corbrays ass and stick Lyn's VS sword up where rely hasn't even found 

Cant believe this many people switched the order. Grrm is like yeah Lyn is mean and tough and defeated an injured kg, but bronze yohn put Ned and Roderick on their arse at the same healthy time 

In my mind Lyn Corbray is a more refined Bronn, and while I would definitely pick Bronze Yohn in a fair fight, there's no guarantee Lyn would fight fair. But in terms of actual swordsmanship, I would also place Royce ahead of Corbray. Bronze Yohn's sons were decent swordsmen as well. 

I am also surprised by all the mentions for Shagga, but none for Timmett. 

I would echo Bronze Yohn Royce and Lyn Corbray. Bronze Yohn's sons, Ser Robar and Ser Waymar, also seemed to be very capable swordsmen. Corbray's former squire, the newly knighted Mychel Redfort, apparently has an excellent reputation and being Lyn Corbray's squire by itself is kind of a pretty impressive feat. Donnel Waynwood took over from Blackfish in the position of "Knight of the Gate" at the Bloody Gate, which is apparently a fairly prestigious position. According to Jaime Lannister, Mandon Moore was the most dangerous member of the Kingsguard (after himself of course) and Moore was carving through Stannis' forces on the Blackwater.

I'm kind of surprised to see Shagga and Timett mentioned. Don't most generally agree that a well-trained knight would take care of an untrained savage 9 times out 10? Brienne of Tarth versus Rorge is a pretty good example of that.

2 hours ago, Eden-Mackenzie said:

In my mind Lyn Corbray is a more refined Bronn, and while I would definitely pick Bronze Yohn in a fair fight, there's no guarantee Lyn would fight fair. But in terms of actual swordsmanship, I would also place Royce ahead of Corbray. Bronze Yohn's sons were decent swordsmen as well.

I don't really get the Lyn Corbray/Bronn comparison. To me, Lyn seems like a lesser Jaime Lannister. High born, well trained and exceptionally skilled, but also incredibly hot-headed. Bronn, as much as I like him, is basically a crafty mercenary who was in the right place at the right time.

4 hours ago, Oakhearts head said:

I don't really get the Lyn Corbray/Bronn comparison. To me, Lyn seems like a lesser Jaime Lannister. High born, well trained and exceptionally skilled, but also incredibly hot-headed. Bronn, as much as I like him, is basically a crafty mercenary who was in the right place at the right time.

Well, I did say "more refined Bronn" ;), which in a way also corresponds to your "lesser Jaime Lannister." Bronn, in addition to being crafty and in the right place at the right time, is also extremely opportunistic. He took a chance on Tyrion, was handsomely rewarded, and stuck with Tyrion until receiving a better offer. Bronn isn't a bad swordsman, he seems to have some natural talent, although no where near the level of Jaime. If Bronn had been born noble, and received the upbringing of a lord's son, I would imagine Bronn would be a lot like Lyn, who is also extremely opportunistic (acquisition of Lady Forlon, siding with Littlefinger against the Lords Declarant). 

Hopefully the comparison makes more sense now. 

6 hours ago, Eden-Mackenzie said:

Well, I did say "more refined Bronn" ;), which in a way also corresponds to your "lesser Jaime Lannister." Bronn, in addition to being crafty and in the right place at the right time, is also extremely opportunistic. He took a chance on Tyrion, was handsomely rewarded, and stuck with Tyrion until receiving a better offer. Bronn isn't a bad swordsman, he seems to have some natural talent, although no where near the level of Jaime. If Bronn had been born noble, and received the upbringing of a lord's son, I would imagine Bronn would be a lot like Lyn, who is also extremely opportunistic (acquisition of Lady Forlon, siding with Littlefinger against the Lords Declarant). 

Hopefully the comparison makes more sense now. 

Corbray might be overrated We know Bronze Yohn is not. 

By the way neither LF or Sansa is afraid of him at all. I'm saying he's a loser who took a lil money and woman (or boys) and (possibly) backed LF. His house/"friends" won't be happy when they find out what a pathetic little man he's been being 

7 hours ago, Eden-Mackenzie said:

Bronn isn't a bad swordsman, he seems to have some natural talent, although no where near the level of Jaime. 

Doesn't Tyrion say Bronn is "near as good as my brother Jamie with a sword"? That would point to him being an incredibly good swordsman, no? He even fancied he'd have a better than even chance to kill The Mountain that Rides. He merely decided that "Better than even" was not good enough. 

Archived