What's For Dinner, Take 7

Xray the Enforcer

10 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I have a busy day ahead of me today. It is prep day for tomorrows 4th of July BBQ. I will be making my multi olive based potato salad and Gorgonzola cole slaw. I will precook the bacon to add to the macaroni and cheese. I will be trimming and seasoning the 20 pound brisket and 6 racks of St Louis ribs. I will be brining the 6 chickens in habeneros, mango, oranges, salt and brown sugar. I will be making the patties for the 20 plus burgers by seasoning and stuffing them with blue cheese.  I will be soaking the beans. 

This will all lead up to midnight when I start to smoke the meats. I am going to be exhausted by the time the fireworks start tomorrow.

if I could echo larry here, and springboard into saying i would very much like to see your recipes for that potato salad and slaw

10 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

We're making pasta with pancetta and asparagus, because it just feels right. Tomorrow I'll likely be making cochinita pibil. Or maybe something else with heavy Yucatec influence. DGAF about July 4th unless it involves Mercenary Chef and Kair.

i am making cochinita pibil myself! doing a taco event on my hotel rooftop featuring pork belly carnitas, pollo asado, carne asada, short rib in mole poblano and trumpet mushrooms and baby potatoes braised in guajillo and tomatillo to round out my taco arsenal!

nothing says 4th of July like tacos!

Realized too late that we don't have food service gloves in the house so now my fingernails have a slight orange caste due to the achiote marinade. @MercurialCannibal what material gloves does your crew use? Vinyl? Latex? Nitrile? I'm thinking getting nitrile, since that has the spring of latex without the allergens (I'm not allergic to latex, but want to avoid it if anyone who eats my food is). 

5 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Realized too late that we don't have food service gloves in the house so now my fingernails have a slight orange caste due to the achiote marinade. @MercurialCannibal what material gloves does your crew use? Vinyl? Latex? Nitrile? I'm thinking getting nitrile, since that has the spring of latex without the allergens (I'm not allergic to latex, but want to avoid it if anyone who eats my food is). 

i typically bareback  the food i prep. it just feels better. 

but we keep purple nitrile in our kitchen.

what size you need? i will bring you a box.

7 hours ago, MercurialCannibal said:

i typically bareback  the food i prep. it just feels better. 

but we keep purple nitrile in our kitchen.

what size you need? i will bring you a box.

Yeah, I usually don't like wearing gloves, but for mincing habaneros and for achiote/turmeric, it just seems like a better option than looking like I never wash my hands, or setting a body part accidentally on fire if I don't wash them well enough. :D Anyway, maybe bring a box of larges, because that way both Mr. X and I can use them? 

Archived