What's For Dinner, Take 7

Xray the Enforcer

22 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

*Slow clap*

*Drool*

Indeed. I love mussels, there is something so fun about ordering them and eating out of the shells. Of course the mopping up of the sauce is the best part of the dish...

Tonight was more delicious dining out. Honey glazed duck breast, with crispy duck leg, turnip, sugar snaps and port sauce. For dessert, lemon and raspberry tart with lemon sorbet. Duck came with a bold Pinot noir. Everything tasted wonderful and I'm feeling sleepy and content now.

7 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

My mom bought us a Vitamix (our last blender perished about 2 years ago) for reasons slightly beyond me, but I'm not complaining. Mr. X made pesto this evening, along with homemade pasta, and I am a happy shrimp.

Is the shrimp going in the pasta? that could be problematic :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Best ever homemade fried chicken from the new Korean cookbook; magically dry, crispy umamiiiiiiiiiii batter.

Tonight we're going out for oysters and hopefully some decadent wine choices. It's kinda weird living in the SE of England and hardly ever eating oysters. Need to remedy that.

3 hours ago, Isis said:

Best ever homemade fried chicken from the new Korean cookbook; magically dry, crispy umamiiiiiiiiiii batter.

Tonight we're going out for oysters and hopefully some decadent wine choices. It's kinda weird living in the SE of England and hardly ever eating oysters. Need to remedy that.

the oysters i had in england were superb. that cold water is just perfect. 

They were great! We had Irish, Scottish, and two English ones (Essex and I can't remember the other place because I was too excited). That place does a happy hour from 3-5pm: 6 oysters and a glass of (non-specified) 'bubbly' for £10. I AM THERE.

ETA: Actually, I was thinking about whether you wanted me to bring you some Maldon sea salt across but then I don't suppose that's allowed is it? :(

9 hours ago, Isis said:

They were great! We had Irish, Scottish, and two English ones (Essex and I can't remember the other place because I was too excited). That place does a happy hour from 3-5pm: 6 oysters and a glass of (non-specified) 'bubbly' for £10. I AM THERE.

ETA: Actually, I was thinking about whether you wanted me to bring you some Maldon sea salt across but then I don't suppose that's allowed is it? :(

maldon is the standard finishing salt i use in my restaurant and home kitchen. it is lovely stuff. i think i like it more than fleur de sel. 

i need oysters in my life soon. since april i have gone almost totally vegetarian. i had no meat until vacation in july which had the French Laundry and lots of tacos but since returning home only one meal of meat each week. 

oysters may well be this week's foray into flesh.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived