Xray the Enforcer

What's For Dinner, Take 7

195 posts in this topic

some kind of weird hybrid of a steak bomb and italian beef sandwiches mrs lobster came up with, they are insanely good

20 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

We ate salad. 

that is no way to make friends. 

not for tonight,  but i am seeing a gumbo this weekend. made some lovely andouille sausages with pork belly and chicken recently.  

Tonight I'm making a Dubbel and a Tripel go head-to-head to see who loves a crab mac n cheese toastie the best.

1 hour ago, Isis said:

Tonight I'm making a Dubbel and a Tripel go head-to-head to see who loves a crab mac n cheese toastie the best.

I applaud your dedication to scientific research

We are currently brining a pork chop for tonight's dinner. The rest of the week will be tacos and maybe some more Korean food. 

A load of shite from the takeaway, because after a Sunday session, cooking is not cool. 

That was an intense experience. The Tripel (high carbonation, booze, bitterness, loads of esters and phenols) really stood its ground against the fatty cheese, rich crab, bite of chilli, and the incredible chew and crust of homemade (not by me) bread. The Dubbel did ok but lacked something. Also tried a double IPA from The Veil/Cloudwater but it got lost, it didn't have enough bitterness or carb. That was a surprise. Anyway, definitely eat a grilled crab mac n cheese with a Tripel. 

Edited by Isis

I have the coppa muscle of a pork shoulder braising in a thick rich sauce of guajillo, pasilla and chipotle accented with cumin and coriander.  it will be served with slices avocado, pickled onions and jalapenos, sliced radish and warm corn tortillas.

Leek potato mash with meatballs. It is time for simple winter-y food again.

I need to go grocery shopping.  Had the saddest cabbage and potato dinner last night.  I overcooked it and there was a lack of sausage.

I'm going to go eyeball y'all's dinner for ideas.

5 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

I need to go grocery shopping.  Had the saddest cabbage and potato dinner last night.  I overcooked it and there was a lack of sausage.

I'm going to go eyeball y'all's dinner for ideas.

That is the worst thing i have ever heard.  I feel so sorry for you.

It got worse this weekend.  Faculty fodder.  My guts, MY GUTS!!!!

On 11/15/2017 at 4:32 PM, BigFatCoward said:

That is the worst thing i have ever heard.  I feel so sorry for you.