What's something in the story which you hope doesn't get explained?

Canon Claude

As much as I would love to know the answer to where whores go. I think leaving what happened to Tysha should be one of those unanswered questions. Maybe scatter in a few more possible Tysha sightings like the sailors' wife that can be neither confirmed not denied as being her. If it is her I'm not sure I want her and Tyrion to meet back up as I'm sure she has some animosity about the whole incident. For all she knows he was in on it with Tywin.

@Falcon2908 @shameeka, because the mummers version has shown us something, it does not in any way mean it will be the same in the real story as stated by the author himself.

Its a sign of disrespect i think to the OP @Canon Claude to even begin this discussion on their thread when they have begun a book series discussion.

11 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Who AAR, PtwP and the Last Hero are. Let the novels run their course without spelling out who's fulfilling what ancient prophecy, if anyone is, and let the imagination take it's course.

Agreed. More than anything else.

Especially since I think these prophecies are going to be a bit like the comet, or Vary's riddle.

One. I want Tysha to show up and hate Tyrion. Maybe it would help him realize that he is not always the victim, because he isn't in many cases. 

Two. Hmmm, who they mystery knight at the Tourney in Harrenhell was...I like it the way Meera told it ASoS, without knowing who it was. Also, never knowing who Cold Hands is. There are honestly a lot of things I would like to be left unsaid, but these are two that jump out at me. 

2 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

GRRM has said that we will learn were whores go, but I hope he changes his mind. I don't want Tyrion to find out what happened to her.

I agree! The tragedy is that we never see or hear of her again, and Tyrion will never find her, because logically how could he possibly expect to find her after all that time? She's very likely dead, forgotten by everyone except Tyrion. I don't want to know where she went, or what happened to her. The realistic likelihoods are all tragic enough to leave hanging over Tyrion's head.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, KnightTime said:

Guess that means house of the faceless men

Oh man. That's actually a brilliant idea. Say Arya takes Tysha's face, not knowing who she is or what happened to her. And we the readers don't find out until Tyrion sees her face and screams out her name. That would be so horrifying and yet so powerful.

Archived