Trailer Thread III

Veltigar

Carry on people :D

Has anyone posted the trailer for Moonlight? It's getting some really positive reviews :) 

It looks very promising. Great score, I love the castmembers I know (Remy from House of Cards and Dr. Algernon from The Knick), the aformentioned reviews are good, the director has apparently made some good films in the past and I just like the look of the thing. 

Previous threads:

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This looks really good (literally, Robert Richardson is a great cinematographer). And whatever you think of Affleck as an actor, he's a much better director imo. I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town (Argo was mediocre). Definitely interested in this one.

6 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Yeah, I haven't seen Argo but I loved The Town and Gone Baby Gone.

I too haven't seen Argo yet, but I have seen his others two films. I agree with you both that Gone Baby Gone, starring the Superior Affleck was a very good film. I'm not really on board with The Town though. It definitely wasn't half bad, but I would shy away from showering praise over it. I have never felt the urge to rewatch it and I can only recall a handful of things from it, while Gone Baby Gone is a film I have seen several times and loved each time :) 

20 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, just saw that trailer earlier and wanted to punch it in the face. Is it going for some kind of It's a Wonderful Life thing?

Ha, that pretty much sums up my feelings about this. Will Smith should just stick to action or comedies.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Red Band trailer for Free Fire. I don't know what Ben Wheatley's made here, but I think I like it:

That looks right up my alley :D Nice find :D 

Not yet, want to. Actually the only Wheatley film I've seen so far is Kill List. Got Sightseers lying around somewhere, should get on that, but Field in England and High-Rise look very interesting. Just not got around to them...

He seems to be a very varied director though. The only thing that links any of his projects is that they're all absolutely fucking bonkers.

He also, oddly enough, directed two episodes Doctor Who...

11 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Red Band trailer for Free Fire. I don't know what Ben Wheatley's made here, but I think I like it:

This looks absolutely fantastic. Cillian Murphy, Sharlto Copley, Enzo and everyone else, I cant wait for this.

On 9-9-2016 at 10:51 AM, GallowKnight said:

Trailer for Ben Affleck's latest directorial effort Live by Night (also an example of a trailer that might be a bit too long)

That does look good. I really like some of the shots (the stairway, the boat and the falling dude's).

16 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Maybe it's just me, but Affleck looks extremely anachronistic in that trailer.

Yeah, I don't know why, but something does look of about him in it.

14 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

The Affleck flick looks decent but can't help but think it would look a lottttt better if it was just directed by Affleck and not starring him as well. 

Yeah, probably :)

21 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Here is a trailer for the new Will Smith movie, Collateral Beauty. One good thing about Suicide Squad was that it got me kind of excited for a possible Will Smith resurgence. So much for that.

I couldn't even get through it. I think he's lost it to be honest. Perhaps if he starred in a movie where he shot Jayden or something, that would be a good way for him to bounce back. 

13 hours ago, Corvinus said:

The Promise trailer. This looks very good. But it will most likely be banned in Turkey.

I agree on both accounts. Oscar Isaac and Christian Bale, that sounds like a great ticket. And if it pisses of Erdogan, I'll definitely watch it :D 

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

:drool: Now this looks very promising. You could make countless great films about all the shit that went down in the Congo. I'll hope the Belgians will look awful in it. I remember reading about the L'état du Katanga, it's a pretty fascinating piece of history. 

28 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I agree on both accounts. Oscar Isaac and Christian Bale, that sounds like a great ticket. And if it pisses of Erdogan, I'll definitely watch it :D 

I like that they're making it but I'm annoyed by the fact that they cast Oscar Isaac as a Turk and a woman so un-Armenian that they had to incorporate a 'lived in France' backstory because she apparently couldn't handle any other accent as an Armenian.

Archived