Trailer Thread III

Veltigar

15 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Not sure what to think about this one. Visually it looks great, but I'm not feeling enthusiastic about this love/survival tale in space with Chris Pratt and JLaw. 

Yeah. Reading the synopsis before didn't get very interested, and either has the trailer.

2 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

:lol: That was painfully bad IMO. Hopefully it's misrepresenting the actual movie.

It does look awfully bad. Jlaw and Pratt don't seem to have a lot of chemistry together. And it all looks fake as fuck. Interesting concept though, although the premisse has been done before I believe. 

On 16/09/2016 at 0:54 PM, Veltigar said:

Some fun new trailers:

2) London Road

I don't know if this has already been posted, but it's a musical based on the fall-out the Ipswich ripper had on the people of London Road, where he made most of his victims. It's marketed as a Tom Hardy musical, but he's apparently only present in one scene. The film itself is a bit divisive. A lot of praise for what they set out to do, but not everyone is a fan of the execution.

3) A Monster Calls

Liam Neeson as a monster. The End.

Didn't London Road get released a year or two ago though?

I've just read A Monster Calls so I am looking forward to this one immensely.

4 minutes ago, Isis said:

Didn't London Road get released a year or two ago though?

Perhaps in the UK? I saw a review about it a couple of days ago from What the Flick and I thought it looked interesting. Because they uploaded their review, I'm assuming it hasn't come out in the US yet.

5 minutes ago, Isis said:

I've just read A Monster Calls so I am looking forward to this one immensely.

I have heard great things about the book and everything I have read so far about the film seems very promising. This could be a great adaptation.

8 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Perhaps in the UK? I saw a review about it a couple of days ago from What the Flick and I thought it looked interesting. Because they uploaded their review, I'm assuming it hasn't come out in the US yet.

I have heard great things about the book and everything I have read so far about the film seems very promising. This could be a great adaptation.

London Road seems a long way back to me, perhaps it was made but not released for some reason. 

Just watched the trailer for A Monster Calls and it's one of those over revealing trailers. They seem to show most of the key points in the book. I'm not sure there's anything left to shock or surprise anyone. Shame. But, I think that both Sigourney Weaver and Liam Neeson will be great in it. :)

Both The Girl with all the Gifts and Miss Peregrine... look like promising adaptations though. 

While I'm here can I just say that being forced to watch adverts for pregnancy tests before trailers makes me pretty angry. 

On 9/20/2016 at 0:18 PM, Corvinus said:

Not sure what to think about this one. Visually it looks great, but I'm not feeling enthusiastic about this love/survival tale in space with Chris Pratt and JLaw. 

I thought it looked great. I'm definitely intrigued.

9 hours ago, Calibandar said:

You guys are ridiculously critical if you think that looks awful. 

I tend to agree. It might not be everyone's cup a tea but bad? Can't really see it.

On 9/21/2016 at 2:53 PM, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

:lol: That was painfully bad IMO. Hopefully it's misrepresenting the actual movie.

I was okay until "NO - You die, I die!"....she might have to return her Oscar 'cause of this one. ;-)

Archived