Trailer Thread III

Veltigar

9 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It was September, wanted to see it, but like many films last year never managed to find the time.

Yeah, because I read the book in August so that I could see the film when it came out in September. A mouse actually ran across my foot while I was in the cinema, so that added to the suspense/horror of the experience. It's a good adaptation of the book I thought. Plus it has a little cameo from the actress who plays Naomi in the Expanse. 

13 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

International Baywatch trailer, god help me I love it.

I don't get it.. 

I dunno, its a comedy right? I can't tell if its a send up of the original show or if its taking itself seriously. Feels a bit like its falling somewhere in the middle and therefore not really hitting either mark very well. I guess there is a sort of 21 Jump Street vibe about it, but without the comedic timing. 

15 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I don't get it.. 

I dunno, its a comedy right? I can't tell if its a send up of the original show or if its taking itself seriously. Feels a bit like its falling somewhere in the middle and therefore not really hitting either mark very well. I guess there is a sort of 21 Jump Street vibe about it, but without the comedic timing. 

The first thing I thought of when I finished watching was 21 Jump Street. Definitely doesn't feel like the original but It looks really entertaining. 

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

The first thing I thought of when I finished watching was 21 Jump Street. Definitely doesn't feel like the original but It looks really entertaining. 

Its possible. I really like The Rock, he has a great ability to do overblown with a cheeky wink to the audience. So far I'm not sure there is enough of that wink there. My fear is that it will just be a standard action romp, with just enough nods to parody to not make it completely run of the mill. That would be disappointing. My first thought was Pain and Gain, in which the Rock was especially good, and the whole thing was so over the top it sort of worked. 

I'm not sure this movie is brave enough to do that. Reminds me a bit of.. The A-Team. Which was as bland and unambitious a remake as you could imagine.

Baywatch looks pretty clear to me as something going completely for parody and action-comedy and not taking itself seriously at all.

At least that's the impression the trailers are giving off; always a chance that's just clever editing though.

Black and Briton, 1971 -- Guerrilla.  Idris Alba.

‘When you’re black and British, there’s a constant struggle’ … from John Ridley (12 Years A Slave) and Idris Elba comes an explosive tale of the black Britons who took on the system in the 1970s – and the real-life counterintelligence unit who tried to crush any black activism. The series kicks off on 13 April on Sky Atlantic

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/video/2017/jan/10/idris-elba-show-guerrilla-sky-black-and-british-constant-struggle

On 20-12-2016 at 4:59 PM, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I KNEW Passengers was going to suck! Called it a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWWWQzTpNU

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/passengers_2016/

Well, I've just seen Passengers last night and it was a very good film.

Just a good story, engaging. The spaceship and interior and exterior design of it deserves special mention as well.

On 1/15/2017 at 7:44 AM, Calibandar said:

Well, I've just seen Passengers last night and it was a very good film.

Just a good story, engaging. The spaceship and interior and exterior design of it deserves special mention as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) but you're the first person I've heard say that.  The previews just look dumb to me from the very beginning, idk.

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) but you're the first person I've heard say that.  The previews just look dumb to me from the very beginning, idk.

Lots of people in the "watched" thread seemed to have liked it?

4 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

MANIFESTO (2017) - Cate Blanchett movie

GOLD (2017) - Matthew McConaughey Movie

iBOY (2017) - Maisie Williams Sci-Fi Netflix Movie

Manifesto looks like a thing of @Risto dreams :D 

Does look very interesting though

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Manifesto looks like a thing of @Risto dreams :D 

Does look very interesting though

You know me, my dear :D

FYI, Manifesto is not a movie, although its premiere in Sundance can be seen interesting (Sasha Stone even put Blanchett on her Best Actress Watch for 2017 award circuit). It is the art film installation directed by Julian Rosenfeldt. Now, 90-minute feature will go to Sundance, and one can only speculate whether movie pundits will think of it as a movie or just art piece.

Needless to say, I am watching this one closely and if it returns to Europe, you will know where to find me :D 

SANTA CLARITA DIET (2017) Drew Barrymore/Timothy Olyphant Netflix comedy-horror series

Crashing: Official Trailer (HBO)

Official Tease: The Wizard of Lies (HBO)

The Discovery (2017) - Rooney Mara, Jason Segel,Robert Redford/ Netflix

Pure Drama 2017: Trailer - BBC One -  including a look at the most gripping dramas to come in 2017

wohoo! I'm looking forward to new seasons of Top of the Lake,Line of Duty,The Last Kingdom.:)

New series: Broken ,SS-GB

Archived