Veltigar

Trailer Thread III

402 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

IZombie Season 3 Promo

Great! I hope it's also on Netflix around then too

On 2/21/2017 at 8:33 PM, GallowKnight said:

Trailer for King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (aka Guy Ritchie's King Arthur Movie)

I've seen this trailer at the cinema 3 times since it was released, and I really like it. Syncing Led Zepellin up with soldiers is probably 90% of that, because it otherwise looks pretty fucking stupid. I don't know if I'll go see it (although Guy Ritchie is usually pretty good), but I do like the trailer.

Second trailer for Transformers The Last Feminism: 12 year old girl outsmarts Men and Robots.

It looks dreadful. 

On 17/03/2017 at 8:14 PM, Leap said:

I've seen this trailer at the cinema 3 times since it was released, and I really like it. Syncing Led Zepellin up with soldiers is probably 90% of that, because it otherwise looks pretty fucking stupid. I don't know if I'll go see it (although Guy Ritchie is usually pretty good), but I do like the trailer.

Really? I can't see anything to like about it. I mean there hasn't been a good King Arthur tory since 70's excalibur, but this looks like a poor mans Snow White and the Huntress, or a version of that crappy 90's Richard Gere movie with added awful CGI. 

Guy Ritchie being the director does not help either.

38 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Really? I can't see anything to like about it. I mean there hasn't been a good King Arthur tory since 70's excalibur, but this looks like a poor mans Snow White and the Huntress, or a version of that crappy 90's Richard Gere movie with added awful CGI. 

Guy Ritchie being the director does not help either.

As I said, it's a lot to do with the music. I won't be going to see it at the cinema, in fact I probably won't see it ever. 

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Second trailer for Transformers The Last Feminism: 12 year old girl outsmarts Men and Robots.

It looks dreadful. 

Apparently Anthony Hopkins was brought into this. :ack: why waste your talents man

Michael Bay will ruin anything. Hopkins is a top 5 favorite actor of mine and I have a great deal of his movies on dvd.

They are even tying this into cool things like King Arthur, Merlin etc. You'd once again begin to think that this might actually be tolerable.

But you can already tell from the trailers that this is going to suck.

53 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Apparently Anthony Hopkins was brought into this. :ack: why waste your talents man

All sorts of decent acting talents have appeared in these films, they appear in the big cash spinning films, and in return they get to do their smaller more interesting pet projects, that's clearly the way it works.

14 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Death Note Teaser Trailer

Lol, I feel I am directly responsible for this being made having watched the anime  on Netflix! Looks kinda bad though, the anime is pretty unbearable in the way most anime is.

26 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Lol, I feel I am directly responsible for this being made having watched the anime  on Netflix! Looks kinda bad though, the anime is pretty unbearable in the way most anime is.

I loved the anime, so I can't help but feel excited for this. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, though.

18 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

I loved the anime, so I can't help but feel excited for this. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, though.

It does look a bit 'teenish'. Yeah can't say I loved the Anime, maybe it was the english dubbing, but the constant over extrapolation of all the situations and inner monologue stuff really grated on me. Its a bit of a cultural thing though, I do find a lot of Anime hard to digest.

I watched a couple of episodes of it and loved the concept but it just didn't grab me, still planning to re try it at some point. I think my main issue was the lead, he wasn't compelling and I didn't get his motivation, he was just this high school psychopath who immediately started mass murder. Oh, and he immediately rigs his draw to become a bomb? What the fuck guy.

Another, more substantial trailer for IZombie Season 3.

Posted (edited)

Death Note was a great anime, though it kind of went off the rails in the third act.

That being said, I have no interest whatsoever in this adaptation. Not only are they whitewashing yet another iconic Asian character, but that ferris wheel scene gives me the impression that they are pretty much going to be ignoring one of the biggest lesson's that Death Note's commercial success taught American distributors, that anime doesn't have to be an action-packed spectacle for audiences to enjoy it.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Another, more substantial trailer for IZombie Season 3.

Watching this makes me so happy

Edited by HelenaExMachina

Posted (edited)

First teaser trailer for the new It adaptation

New trailer for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 

Fargo season 3 Trailer

Edited by GallowKnight

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

New trailer for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 

I love it already.  I hope it does Avatar-money and has a dozen sequels.

Odd that Clive Owens is in this as a side character apparently...   His role is probably more substantial than it seems.  Secret villain, perhaps?

Edited by SpaceChampion

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I love it already.  I hope it does Avatar-money and has a dozen sequels.

Do I detect a little sarcasm? ;) 

IT Part 1 looks amazing.  As does Fargo Season 3.  Can't wait for both of those.