Trailer Thread III

Veltigar

28 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I was getting more of a Fifth Element vibe, since the comic book that this movie is adapting served as inspiration for The Fifth Element.

I did feel that Jupiter Ascending probably had a fair bit of inspiration The Fifth Element anyway.

Valerian did look very pretty. I can understand the Jupiter Ascending worries because I'm always a little bit nervous when a trailer has so little indication of what the plot actually is, but hopefully this will be less nonsensical.

7 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Valerian did look very pretty. I can understand the Jupiter Ascending worries because I'm always a little bit nervous when a trailer has so little indication of what the plot actually is, but hopefully this will be less nonsensical.

That's exactly what has me so worried about it.  Veltigar will probably love this trailer.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Veltigar will probably love this trailer.

Since when do I love anything :P 

EDIT: Just watched the trailer... It looks pretty uninteresting to be honest. I would even say that it looks quite bad. The music doesn't do anything for me. Rihanna, Cara Delavigne and that guy who was good in Chronicle aren't exactly what I would call a huge draw acting wise. It's also way to much CGI for my taste, but who knows, perhaps it will be good :) 

19 hours ago, Veltigar said:

EDIT: Just watched the trailer... It looks pretty uninteresting to be honest. I would even say that it looks quite bad. The music doesn't do anything for me. Rihanna, Cara Delavigne and that guy who was good in Chronicle aren't exactly what I would call a huge draw acting wise. It's also way to much CGI for my taste, but who knows, perhaps it will be good :) 

So hard to please. :P

Seems to be a merge of the first film (some scenes are taken straight from it) and 2nd Gig (the "antagonist" seems to be based on Hideo Kuze). I like it. Surely taking the two best things of GITS and merging them can't be that bad, right? Let me believe.

I guess they picked up Hideo Kuze because the refugees storyline of 2nd Gig is very topical now. I'd like to see their take on that.

7 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I'm unimpressed. It looks like it lacks energy. Everything seems clipped and clinical, despite existing in such a scuzzy world.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Felt very paint by numbers going by the trailer.

Nice CGI, but seems like a rental for now.

On 11-11-2016 at 0:56 AM, Veltigar said:

Bruh, make soom room in your inbox.

10 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Bruh, make soom room in your inbox.

Hey, I can't help being popular :P But for you I shall perform an ayurvedic cleanse on my besieged inbox. Soon there shall be Lebensraum enough for all your new messages :P 

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

You're going to have to elaborate on that because I don't know what you mean. :(:huh:

It's a common British misspelling of watery shit. Which fits this damn trailer to a T by the way. As of yet I am undecided whether this trailer just reminds me of this lubricious sort of stool or whether it has actually given me watery shit. I suppose I'll have to wait for the morning to shed light on that particular dilemma. I shall keep you all posted though. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(broadcasting) 

Damn cultural differences :P Basically it was a joke about profanity 

I prefer my explanation :P much more appropriate for the topic at hand. 

Based on that trailer, this movie looks like another gigantic artistic dud. It will make money like a motherfucker of course, because apparently barbarians have taken over. But honestly, does Luke Evans look like he ate four dozen eggs every morning as a lad to help him get large? I think not. He's nowhere near the size of a barge! Even a rowboat makes him pale in comparison.

The living household appliances look like they came straight from a shabby 99 cent store in the middle of the uncanny valley. The tea pot and the cup especially are creepy as shit. They were probably banished from the uncanny valley because the other denizens were sick of them oggling the kids at the local playground. And Dan Stevens' make-up isn't fooling anyone. Heck, I'd still do him and I'm a straight guy. He's prettier than Belle for Pete's sake :P 

EDIT: I think I shattered that watershed like a pro :P 

27 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Hey, I can't help being popular :P But for you I shall perform an ayurvedic cleanse on my besieged inbox. Soon there shall be Lebensraum enough for all your new messages :P 

It's a common British misspelling of watery shit. Which fits this damn trailer to a T by the way. As of yet I am undecided whether this trailer just reminds me of this lubricious sort of stool or whether it has actually given me watery shit. I suppose I'll have to wait for the morning to shed light on that particular dilemma. I shall keep you all posted though. 

I prefer my explanation :P much more appropriate for the topic at hand. 

Based on that trailer, this movie looks like another gigantic artistic dud. It will make money like a motherfucker of course, because apparently barbarians have taken over. But honestly, does Luke Evans look like he ate four dozen eggs every morning as a lad to help him get large? I think not. He's nowhere near the size of a barge! Even a rowboat makes him pale in comparison.

The living household appliances look like they came straight from a shabby 99 cent store in the middle of the uncanny valley. The tea pot and the cup especially are creepy as shit. They were probably banished from the uncanny valley because the other denizens were sick of them oggling the kids at the local playground. And Dan Stevens' make-up isn't fooling anyone. Heck, I'd still do him and I'm a straight guy. He's prettier than Belle for Pete's sake :P 

EDIT: I think I shattered that watershed like a pro :P 

Jokes on you since it's after 9 :P 

Archived