Trailer Thread III

Veltigar

11 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I think the Mummy looks shocking. I mean, what the fuck have they done to the Mummy itself for starters? Nothing of the iconic myth-figure about her.

Its apparently the first film in a Universal Monster Universe. There's also going to be Dr Jekyll (Russell Crowe) Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon.. etc

Its apparently the Avengers with monsters

2 hours ago, Andorion said:

Its apparently the first film in a Universal Monster Universe. There's also going to be Dr Jekyll (Russell Crowe) Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon.. etc

WHY do they keep attempting to get this francise going. I've been hearing rumours about this for so many years. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea. Those monsters are not the Avengers, they existed in a sort of crap 50's B movie Universe, not sure how you'd get that to translate to 2017.

16 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

WHY do they keep attempting to get this francise going. I've been hearing rumours about this for so many years. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea. Those monsters are not the Avengers, they existed in a sort of crap 50's B movie Universe, not sure how you'd get that to translate to 2017.

Here's a link

I know, its a bizarre idea, but they have Crowe and Cruise, I heard a rumour about Depp - that's some serious starpower.

5 hours ago, Andorion said:

Not the first one. Dracula Untold was the first one. And aren't the new Godzilla and Kong also part of this universe? I know that the reason why Kong was made so huge was to be on the same level with Godzilla.

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Not the first one. Dracula Untold was the first one. And aren't the new Godzilla and Kong also part of this universe? I know that the reason why Kong was made so huge was to be on the same level with Godzilla.

Apparently not. Dracula - I am not sure about, Io9 says not, I have not heard anything about Godzilla or King Kong. Those two share a universe, but possibly not this one

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Apparently thats not the case now:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/alex-kurtzman-confirms-dracula-untold-is-not-canon-in-universals-monster-a147298

" "In looking to figure out how to place The Mummy in a larger context and setting up this organization that has actually been dealing with monsters for longer than any of us have been around, it became clear that we needed somebody to be the voice of that organization. The next thought was like, 'Well, it could be Joe Mcgillicuddy, or we could actually go into another character that makes sense organically.'

46 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Apparently thats not the case now:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/alex-kurtzman-confirms-dracula-untold-is-not-canon-in-universals-monster-a147298

" "In looking to figure out how to place The Mummy in a larger context and setting up this organization that has actually been dealing with monsters for longer than any of us have been around, it became clear that we needed somebody to be the voice of that organization. The next thought was like, 'Well, it could be Joe Mcgillicuddy, or we could actually go into another character that makes sense organically.'

Probably because it was such a shitty movie that did not produce anything of worth at the box office.

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Did I miss the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailer in here?

Looks like Baby Groot is going to steal the show.  Although Drax was pretty hilarious at the end.

GOTG was the only Marvel movie I loved since the first Iron Man, and I have high hopes for the sequel. I just hope Baby Groot doesn't get to shine at the expense of everyone else just because there's a clear marketing opportunity for Marvel. Anytime a character seems to exist for the tie-in sales to kids I get extremely nervous.

On 6-12-2016 at 3:54 PM, Corvinus said:

Probably because it was such a shitty movie that did not produce anything of worth at the box office.

Bingo :D 

On 6-12-2016 at 8:55 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Official Trailer: The Young Pope (HBO)

A brilliant series, everyone should watch this :) 

Archived