The concept of time

Venus414

Does anyone else find it interesting that there are literally wormholes... Dug by firewyrms (which are in both of GRMs stories, along with the Theta..) in ASOIF? 

Many people say it must be a closed loop but here's my problem with the closed loop theory- the theory we have today doesn't account for people that are able to go back in time and communicate and/or warg., if that's the case, how then is it not possible to change events? Otherwise what's the point? 

Also, if you're in a (basic- with no wargs) loop, changing the future is the only way to change the past, correct? Because one effects the other, Bc loops, and the future is all we have control over? 

The he concept of time and what is going on here is new to me.  I didn't realize I was into sci-fi until GOT, it kindof hijacked me and I'm trapped.  

I I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Please help.

On September 9, 2016 at 5:17 PM, aadam13 said:

I think what Bran's doing is a predestination paradox as he's already done these things in the timeline but just has to do them personally now.

thanks I'll have to look into that!  You mean what the other Brandon Starks did?

1 minute ago, Venus414 said:

Awesome! Do you think it's a predestination paradox as well? 

I think is more like in Spaceballs, when they watch the tape of the movie while they are making the movie. Bran as a greenseer has that ability to watch the tape of reality, rewind it, fast-forward it, and even interact with it and modify it.

1 hour ago, Blackfyre Bastard said:

I think is more like in Spaceballs, when they watch the tape of the movie while they are making the movie. Bran as a greenseer has that ability to watch the tape of reality, rewind it, fast-forward it, and even interact with it and modify it.

"What is the matter with this thing? All the churning and bubbling?"

"We call that Mr. Coffee. Care for some?"

"I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen. The First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khalisee of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons. I always drink coffee when I listen to prophesy! Everybody knows that!"

"OF COURSE WE DO, MYSAH!"

"Now that I have my coffee, I'm ready to listen to prophesy. What the hell am I looking at? What the hell is happening in this book series?"

"Everything that is happening now is happening now."

"Okay, I want to go north. How do I go north?"

"You must go south."

"To reach the west?"

"You must go east."

"What if I want to go forward?"

"You must go back."

"How do I go back to then?"

"You passed then."

"What if I want to touch the light?"

"You must pass beneath the shadow."

"When?"

"Now."

"Wait, go back to then."

"You can't."

"Why?"

"You missed it. Just now."

"When will then be now?"

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child."

"Well, why don't we take a five-minute break."

"Very good, Khaleesi."

"Smoke if you got 'em."

"You know, Quaithe, I now see why evil will always triumph over good. Because good is dumb."

1 hour ago, GyantSpyder said:

"I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen. The First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khalisee of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons. I always drink coffee when I listen to prophesy! Everybody knows that!"

"Now that I have my coffee, I'm ready to listen to prophesy. What the hell am I looking at? What the hell is happening in this book series?"

"You must go south."

"To reach the west?"

"You must go east."

"You must go back."

"You passed then."

"When?"

"Now."

"Wait, go back to then."

"You can't."

"Why?"

"When will then be now?"

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child."

"Very good, Khaleesi."

"Smoke if you got 'em."

"You know, Quaithe, I now see why evil will always triumph over good. Because good is dumb."

:rofl:How "Ludicrous."

22 hours ago, GyantSpyder said:

"You must go south."

"To reach the west?"

"You must go east."

"You must go back."

"You passed then."

"When?"

"Now."

"Wait, go back to then."

"You can't."

"Why?"

"When will then be now?"

"Very good, Khaleesi."

"Smoke if you got 'em."

:thumbsup: Bravo, ser.

On September 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM, GyantSpyder said:

"You must go south."

"To reach the west?"

"You must go east."

"You must go back."

"You passed then."

"When?"

"Now."

"Wait, go back to then."

"You can't."

"Why?"

"When will then be now?"

"Very good, Khaleesi."

"Smoke if you got 'em."

You are freaking awesome 

• 3 weeks later...
On September 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Venus414 said:

You are freaking awesome 

Bible > Psalms > Chapter 57> Verse 1
 Psalm 57:1 
Parallel Verses
New International Version
For the director of music. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." Of David. A miktam. When he had fled from Saul into the cave. Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

Archived