NFL Season 2016: The Shankapotomus Is Real!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

4 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Anyone that saw the Jets game.  How do they lose with 7 sacks and it looks like they hit Dalton so much more.  I guess they could not cover AJ Green.

Yeah Green absolutely obliterated Revis. I think it was the espn pregame show (forgive me) that was pumping up Revis to be ready for the matchup, and found it laughable that he would require assistance from a safety in covering Green. Next to running backs, corners have to have the second shortest shelf life in the nfl. Even the good ones.

10 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Anyone that saw the Jets game.  How do they lose with 7 sacks and it looks like they hit Dalton so much more.  I guess they could not cover AJ Green.

Dalton and Green put the team on their back's. 

Jets also missed an extra point, and had a FG blocked. 

What does NE do with Jimmy G if he plays well for these 4 games?  Do they trade him for a huge draft haul next year?  Touchdown Tahhhmy seems to think he has several years left in him.  Do they really push Tom out when Jimmy G's contract comes up after next year and they can't afford to keep both?

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

What does NE do with Jimmy G if he plays well for these 4 games?  Do they trade him for a huge draft haul next year?  Touchdown Tahhhmy seems to think he has several years left in him.  Do they really push Tom out when Jimmy G's contract comes up after next year and they can't afford to keep both?

I think if Jimmy G proves a worthy starter you gotta hold onto him. QB's who can win are valuable and hard to come by to send him away for picks when you know Brady's retirement is looming. Brady is one 2015 Manning season away from being done. How many guys playing the position carry on into their 40's at the same skill level? I think the safer move is to hold on to Garropolophagus. Didn't Rodgers sit for 4 seasons before dethroning Favre?

17 minutes ago, sperry said:

It's an interesting dilemma. The thing is Brady could lose it any moment like Peyton did in the middle of 2014. It just happens at this age for QBs - and I'm sure Belichick is both intimately aware of this fact and not prone to sentimentality. They've always let players go a year too early rather than a year too late and not sure Brady will be any different. 

That said it'll depend how well Jimmy G plays. The one we've seen so far tonight is a capable starter but nothing comparable to Brady as we last saw him. Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassel. He knows how to make guys look better than they are. Assuming Brady doesn't demonstrably slip, Jimmy will have to show he's special in some way for him to be the one to stay. Note: they also drafted a QB in the 3rd round this past year. 

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

So it looks like Tahmmy's suspension is becoming less and less important. Even if the Pats lose this one, they're still tied for first in the AFC East.

Never saw why anyone thought it mattered.

17 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I think if Jimmy G proves a worthy starter you gotta hold onto him. QB's who can win are valuable and hard to come by to send him away for picks when you know Brady's retirement is looming. Brady is one 2015 Manning season away from being done. How many guys playing the position carry on into their 40's at the same skill level? I think the safer move is to hold on to Garropolophagus. Didn't Rodgers sit for 4 seasons before dethroning Favre?

The problem is his contract is up in two years and they can't pay him and Brady. Which means you have to push Brady out or trade Garopollo after this season.  Ideally, Brady would hang it up after next year and they can transition smoothly, but he appears to think he has several years left, and hell he may be right.

11 minutes ago, trickster said:

Less than a minute left, Caldwell the HC; yeah I thought it was in the bag.

But there was no choice but to go for the win, and with the state of the secondary the only way he could have easily fucked it up was if he strapped pads on himself. The irony is that if Prater makes that PAT, I have zero doubt our boys win in OT.

17 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

But there was no choice but to go for the win, and with the state of the secondary the only way he could have easily fucked it up was if he strapped pads on himself. The irony is that if Prater makes that PAT, I have zero doubt our boys win in OT.

I had this very thought when Prater made the winning FG. I don't think it's correct, though - they had 2 or 3 timeouts, and could still kind of sling it the way they did.

Just now, SkynJay said:

Larry Fitzgerald continues to be awesome.  There are few players I root for more.

Fitzgerald caught all the balls!

Yeah, a good friend often shoots video for ESPN, especially in the Minneapolis area (where Fitzgerald maintains a residence), and he says he's just as great to be around as he seems.

Archived