US Politics: Sioux suing suits

all swedes are racist

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

Because one was said today by a big pro establishment member of the Republican party and the other was said 10 months ago as a way to justify blocking the nomination. Pretty clear why I believe McCain's words today and why I would be frustrated by that.

I would tend to agree.  It is pretty clear.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

I know what it was a reference to.  

I'm just saying, in this case there were white people acting as the eyes and ears of the government to prevent this.  Which sort of takes the wind out of the sails of the jab you were trying to make, no?

When a concerned white Republican stands up and asks a question at a debate about what the candidates would do about the growing trend of associating all white Republicans with violent white nationalists, and both candidates mention the importance of white Republicans, like the questioner, reporting any violent white nationalist activity they are aware of to the authorities, then I will consider my sailboat thoroughly adrift.

http://www.vox.com/2016/10/18/13012394/i-732-carbon-tax-washington

It seemed balanced to me, but I'm not otherwise familiar with the situation. Washington State residents, is that a fair characterization of what's going on?

If so, it confirms my prior that the leftist Social Justice and Movement Environmentalism coalition is a hot mess that not only will never accomplish anything, but also likes to shoot itself in the foot.

So, Curt Schilling is showing he is more of an ass than he was a great pitcher.

He ask Jake Tapper to speak for all Jews for why they support the Democratic Party when they are so "Anti-Israel".

Slate had the best headline on this.

Curt Schilling asked Jake "King of the Jews" Tapper why Jews support Democrats

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/21/curt_schilling_asks_jake_tapper_why_jews_support_democrats.html

For it is a reference to this:

Spoiler

Herod's Song from Jesus Christ Superstar.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

So, can anyone who was following the case explain this one to me?

Because my first reaction is: WTF?

23 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That's a bad sign.  It's pretty clearly jury nullification. 

What fucking privilege is what that is. Fucking disgusting. 

The anti-DAPL protesters faced a new round of attacks for trying to protect sacred Native burial sites and a bunch of white fucking terrorists get off when they broke onto federal land armed and hunkered down making threats to kill anyone that tries to stop them. 

What a fucking joke.

3 hours ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Incompetence or unwillingness, though?

While I think Jury Nullification can have its justification in rare circumstances, this definitely ain't one of those.

For clarity's sake I'm in no way claiming the action is justified.  I'm simply saying this looks like jury nullification.

10 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Biden's no fool in foreign affairs. I think the bigger issue is what this says about younger generations of Democratic political officeholders. The party's becoming a gerontocracy. 

More like his reward for not taking on HRC.

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

For clarity's sake I'm in no way claiming the action is justified.  I'm simply saying this looks like jury nullification.

Not so sure about that.  Seems like the prosecutors screwed the pooch on this one by going for the conspiracy charges, instead of something they could actually prove.

6 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Biden running State could likely have been his price for his part in clearing the field of high-profile nominees during the Democratic primary. 

Yep.  INcluding himself.  Good old fashioned horse trading.

Except that Hillary would have smashed Biden in the primary (c.f. O'Malley). Sanders was only competitive because he ran as an insurgent, and campaigned outside the box - Biden (as incumbent VP) couldn't do that, since he would be too tied to the status quo.

Anyway, I now have this hilarious image of Biden eyeing 2024. He'll be 82, but age smage.

46 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Except that Hillary would have smashed Biden in the primary (c.f. O'Malley). Sanders was only competitive because he ran as an insurgent, and campaigned outside the box - Biden (as incumbent VP) couldn't do that, since he would be too tied to the status quo.

Anyway, I now have this hilarious image of Biden eyeing 2024. He'll be 82, but age smage.

Do NOT!!! contradict the narrative that Hillary Clinton has never been popular with anyone, ever, and was foisted upon us despite the protests of every democrat in America!!!!!!

Biden stated today he doesn't want any cabinet position.

looks like Obama is going to focus on gerrymandering (six years late in his awareness), and M. Obama seems to be becoming our modern day leader of the civil rights movement. So neither will be in the cabinet.

with Russia currently waving its military cock around and upping their weapons arsenal, I wonder if Kerry will stay on at state?

i think that Clinton probably maintains no more than two cabinet officials, but Kerry might be one.

Archived