Any other plausible options for Daenerys to consider?

Lord Friendzone

7 hours ago, principenoprometido said:

is pure fan service, because you want so that? Daenerys is also hateful, arrogant desire to die once.

I wouldn't say it's pure fan service...just logical outcome for them and how the story moves. There are people who rather see them single. Well, D&D petty much foresdhadowed their marriage and if it happens in the show books will be no different from this version. Such an important events will be in both mediums, but difference will be when, where and for what purpose. Just like with Jon's resurrection...where George was not entirely happy about and will probably do it differently in the books. He just told most likely what will happen but the way and where or when. Just key events.

I like the idea of Jaime for the dramas but OTOH I also ship Jaime X Brienne so I'd rather that happen instead.  Also I don't see why Jaime would marry her.  He has zero political ambition.  He'd only marry if for some reason he felt forced (like it was the only peaceful option, and I don't see Dany demanding that) or if he actually desired/loved the person in question (not enough time for this with Jaime/Dany).  

Another option technically is Tyrion, especially if Jaime dies, but TBH she already has his loyalty so what's the point.  

Other ideas - Bran.  If Jon dies or abdicates or something then I guess Bran is de facto leader of the North.  

Jorah or Daario.  She doesn't love them and both are near useless politically.  

Jon is totally plausible.  But maybe not necessary if they agree to equal alliance.  

No one - I would like this TBH.  Both because there are no obvious suitors that are actually necessary and because to some extent she maintains more power by her hand being available (this was the point for Tyrion asking her to leave Daario behind.

On the show, Dany is too strong to hurry into a marriage alliance. She might marry someone if she ends up alive and on the IT at the end, but even then she might choose to adopt an heir and rule alone.

Daario: She says she didn't care about leaving him in Essos and I believe her. Likeliest outcome is Daario is pissed and betrays her.

Jorah stays in the friendzone. She gains nothing politically by marrying him.

Jaime: No longer in the kingsguard, which makes him lord of CR. I think he'll kill Cersei, and will make an alliance with Dany. Marriage with Jaime would work, politically.

Jon: The "blue rose" prophecy hints at marriage between Jon and Dany, and that is one of the few things the show kept from HotU. At the end, the queen of the south marries the king in the north, reuniting Westeros. It works.

...and there is no one else. Dany is not going to marry Euron. Baratheons, Martells, Tyrells are wiped out. Vale's reduced to Sweetrobin, and she's not marrying him. She's not marrying Bran, either, and she has no reason to marry one of Robert's bastards.

Likeliest option is that Dany dies before taking the throne, and there's a saccharine scene where she is reunited with Drogo in some afterlife. The show's gone out of its way to say that death is THE END, but it might make an exception for her. Ditto for GRRM.

6 hours ago, kimim said:

On the show, Dany is too strong to hurry into a marriage alliance. She might marry someone if she ends up alive and on the IT at the end, but even then she might choose to adopt an heir and rule alone.

Daario: She says she didn't care about leaving him in Essos and I believe her. Likeliest outcome is Daario is pissed and betrays her.

Jorah stays in the friendzone. She gains nothing politically by marrying him.

Jaime: No longer in the kingsguard, which makes him lord of CR. I think he'll kill Cersei, and will make an alliance with Dany. Marriage with Jaime would work, politically.

Jon: The "blue rose" prophecy hints at marriage between Jon and Dany, and that is one of the few things the show kept from HotU. At the end, the queen of the south marries the king in the north, reuniting Westeros. It works.

...and there is no one else. Dany is not going to marry Euron. Baratheons, Martells, Tyrells are wiped out. Vale's reduced to Sweetrobin, and she's not marrying him. She's not marrying Bran, either, and she has no reason to marry one of Robert's bastards.

Likeliest option is that Dany dies before taking the throne, and there's a saccharine scene where she is reunited with Drogo in some afterlife. The show's gone out of its way to say that death is THE END, but it might make an exception for her. Ditto for GRRM.

Can he be Lord of CR? Iam not sure...besides Tyrion is likely going to become Lord of CR himself when Dany wins that war with Cersei. Also marrying guy who killed her father but most of all Lannister might be too much for Dorne and Tyrells. If tghey're going as the books three lovers/mounts. Iam not sure she will love Jaime or Jaime will love her. But YMBQ prophecy is what I have in my mind when Dany will take everything Cersei holds dear and that is poer and Jaime as things are.

22 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Can he be Lord of CR? Iam not sure...besides Tyrion is likely going to become Lord of CR himself when Dany wins that war with Cersei. Also marrying guy who killed her father but most of all Lannister might be too much for Dorne and Tyrells. If tghey're going as the books three lovers/mounts. Iam not sure she will love Jaime or Jaime will love her. But YMBQ prophecy is what I have in my mind when Dany will take everything Cersei holds dear and that is poer and Jaime as things are.

He's no longer a kingsguard. He's the oldest son and Tywin is dead. I think that makes him the lord of CR.

I agree that such a marriage would infuriate Olenna and the Martells. There are also the rumors of twincest to deal with. Problem is Westerosi lords are dropping like flies. Jon, Tyrion, Euron, Littlefinger and Jaime are the only unmarried lords with functioning penises left.

Anyway, Jon's a better bet: He's not a Greyjoy. There are no rumors of his making babies with his sisters. He isn't involved in multiple conspiracies that could come to light at any moment. He's a kitn, all fuzzy and cute. 

It will absolutely be Jon Snow. The show has telegraphed this almost blatantly in the season 6 finale. I (and a bunch of people on this site) used to wonder if the HOTU was misleading because we thought it was too obvious and there was some twist. But now I'm starting to thinking the initial interpretation people had when ACOK came out will be correct. Dany will marry the 'blue flower that grew on the wall and filled the air with sweetness' . Mother of dragons, bride of fire... 

In the show maybe Jon which I absolutely hate it. I don't see her marrying at all. Maybe an alliance with Jon but without marriage. A person with the power she has she doesn't have to marry at all. But I have a feeling that the writers would push her into a desperate position to look for alliance after insanely building her up(knowing their past record). So in that case I think she would marry Jon.

If she is the endgame queen I wish she marries Gendry Baratheon thus resolving the rebellion.

Archived