Star Wars Rogue One: Now With Less Rouge

Myrddin

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

New International trailer, have not seen it yet, supposedly has a few more Vader glimpses and a shot of the Death Star, at work.

Yep, pretty good, but that extra shot of Vader looked weird. I hope they're not CGI-ing him.

there's a surprising amount of new footage in the trailer. I think the people who are sick of Death star's being the plot of Star war films are going to be upset - but they should have been prepared for this since the film was announced.

The Darth Vader shots aren't exactly mindblowing - the new villain makes more of an impact tbh. Then again I want to discover any potential Vader bad-assery in the film and not the featurettes.

20 hours ago, red snow said:

there's a surprising amount of new footage in the trailer. I think the people who are sick of Death star's being the plot of Star war films are going to be upset - but they should have been prepared for this since the film was announced.

The Darth Vader shots aren't exactly mindblowing - the new villain makes more of an impact tbh. Then again I want to discover any potential Vader bad-assery in the film and not the featurettes.

Maybe. The Death Star has been in three movies already (Starkiller base is a glorified DS). I'm hoping this movie does something new with the premise. We already know that the Rebels can't destroy it at the end of the movie since that happens in ANH.

My main worry with the film is that Disney will try to find ways to connect it with Force Awakens or future films, despite the fact that it takes place way before the new trilogy and is meant to be a standalone. 

57 minutes ago, House Balstroko said:

Maybe. The Death Star has been in three movies already (Starkiller base is a glorified DS). I'm hoping this movie does something new with the premise. We already know that the Rebels can't destroy it at the end of the movie since that happens in ANH.

My main worry with the film is that Disney will try to find ways to connect it with Force Awakens or future films, despite the fact that it takes place way before the new trilogy and is meant to be a standalone. 

Plus this time it's different because they don't destroy it - at least in this film. So that's a radical departure :)

I'd be cool with them tieing it into Star Wars: Rebels but I doubt that will happen. Disney, perhaps wisely, keeps the TV shows of it's super franchises separate from the films as far as crossover is concerned. I think the best we can hope for is that a character from the film later turns up in Rebels. That could be fun.

2 hours ago, williamjm said:

Weren't the Bothans finding information about Death Star 2 in ROTJ not this one?

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

And that's why you lost. You don't even know your adversary. :P

Ok you got me, I just look for any excuse to fry Bothans with Force Lightning, it's a fun pastime.

Unfortunately  it looks like this plucky band of misfits will have to be dealt with by Lord Vader, I'd have dealt with them myself but I've been asked to guest judge on Galactic X Factor.

11 hours ago, red snow said:

Plus this time it's different because they don't destroy it - at least in this film. So that's a radical departure :)

I'd be cool with them tieing it into Star Wars: Rebels but I doubt that will happen. Disney, perhaps wisely, keeps the TV shows of it's super franchises separate from the films as far as crossover is concerned. I think the best we can hope for is that a character from the film later turns up in Rebels. That could be fun.

Saw Gerrera says hi ;) I'll be fine with the introduction of tv characters as long as Ezra isn't one of them. He is the worst part of Star Wars Rebels.

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

Saw Gerrera says hi ;) I'll be fine with the introduction of tv characters as long as Ezra isn't one of them. He is the worst part of Star Wars Rebels.

Was just going to mention that.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Well the rumors are that a third animated series is in the work which will be set after RotJ, and possibly showing Luke's attempt at training Jedi. So if that's true, then there will be character ties between the animated shows and the films.

i would prefer if they give us a live action TV series. GL was originally working on one, but the project never got past the drawing board. I think we already had way too many animated ones.

Filoni has said that they don't want to be spoiling movie reveals by introducing movie elements in the show before the movie, but very heavily implied there will be cross over into the show after the movie. He also seems to be being groomed for more importance in the wider franchise, which makes me very happy, but its unclear whether that would take the form of directing one of the movies or if something like an adult audience focused live action show could be on the cards.

16 hours ago, Astromech said:

I forgot that one!

9 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Well the rumors are that a third animated series is in the work which will be set after RotJ, and possibly showing Luke's attempt at training Jedi. So if that's true, then there will be character ties between the animated shows and the films.

Still, it seems like there is a reluctance to have Ezra, Kanan or post-EpI Maul turn up in the films. I personally think it's quite sensible to have the films as entities that work as they are. So having one of the CW or Rebel characters appear in a film is fine as long as viewers don't need to have seen the TV shows to realise their importance. A bit like how CW fleshed out a lot of Jedi when they were merely window dressing in the film.

Plus, I hope that rumour is true about a TV show bridging epVI and VII. Although it hopefully doesn't spell the end of Rebels (which seemed to be the case for CW)

Archived