Star Wars Rogue One: Now With Less Rouge

Myrddin

7 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Video (or holo in this case I guess) would prove jack shit. I mean we got video of Jedi too.

SEALs do shit that's physically possible as well. Claim that Navy SEALs can mess with people minds and jump 50 feet in the air and I'm not going to believe that shit either. Doesn't matter if a group that calls itself Navy SEALs exists.

Ninjas exist.  And ninjas flip out and do awesome shit all the time.

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

I find your lack of continuation of the quote meme disturbing....

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a chain of posts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly broken. I fear something terrible has happened

You may rest easy, everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!!!

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

/Pirates can EABOD

I used to visit that and www.mulletsgalore.com every day.

I used to like to leave them open on computers around campus so other people could be exposed to the vital knowledge contained therein.

While out and about today I noticed a packaging that declared "Star Wars:  The Complete Saga" on Blu Ray.  Its obviously a new compilation packaged for the Christmas season... but it doesn't include TFA! 

What's up Disney?  You gonna give yourself an air of legitimacy or not????

On 12/7/2016 at 5:35 PM, Fez said:

People might not talk about it much, but anyone over 20 years old (well, let's say 35 years old, kids might not pay attention) would still remember that that was a thing that used to exist. And I think most people, if they encountered a grizzled old guy who claimed to be former Navy SEAL, would have the reaction of "Whoa, how the hell did you survive all this time?" or possible "Nah, you're lying." What they wouldn't have is the reaction of "Navy SEALs never existed!"

Didn't Orwell explore this possibility in 1984 with the old man who they questioned about the old days and the men in top hats? It seems to me that Orwell at least seemed to think a reality of this kind was certainly possible. I don't think it would be too crazy for something like this to happen. The rewriting of history is nothing foreign to our own world. Once you get enough people believing a lie, soon you'll start to wonder if you're really the crazy one who is misremembering events. 

People in Star Wars were not going "Jedi didn't exist" the imperial that Vader choked out called it a "ancient religion" and Han expressed skepticism at the force's existence. Which is entirely believable with how large the galaxy is and the fact most people will never ever have seen a Jedi, or any other force user, in action.

7 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

People in Star Wars were not going "Jedi didn't exist" the imperial that Vader choked out called it a "ancient religion" and Han expressed skepticism at the force's existence. Which is entirely believable with how large the galaxy is and the fact most people will never ever have seen a Jedi, or any other force user, in action.

Yep, and when the Solo stand alone movie comes out they better not mess it up and have Han be exposed to the Force. It would take away from his feelings and beliefs from Ep IV.

55 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

If a film pisses off neo-nazis it's definitely doing something right.

Couldn't agree more.

Archived