Will they make Jaime a gold father, too?

Jaak

I don't know who would commission it. Tywin's kids who don't hate him are a little busy and at least one will probably die before the end. By the end I think the remaining Lannisters will just be trying to hold onto the Rock. 

But if there was to be a statue of Tywin, I mean I guess it would be gold. Gold leaf anyway. A golden statue may be too gaudy for even the Lannisters though. 

4 hours ago, Lord Vance II said:

I don't know who would commission it. Tywin's kids who don't hate him are a little busy and at least one will probably die before the end. By the end I think the remaining Lannisters will just be trying to hold onto the Rock. 

Damion Lannister as Castellan, or some of his stewards?

Does Tywin have a gold father, too?

16 hours ago, Jaak said:

Does Tywin have a gold father, too?

Why on earth would the statues in a Lannister crypt be gold? That seems entirely too extravagant and wasteful for Tywin.  Even assuming they did exist I feel like Tywin would have melted them down into ingots.

While rereading AFfC it turns out that A stonemason was commissioned at casterly Rock to build a Tywin Statue at the gate of the city.  

Between coughs, Lord Gyles told her that he had hired a master stonecarver to make a statue of Lord Tywin, to stand eternal vigil beside the Lion Gate.

Cersie 2

Not gold, but I think this counts possibly. 

On 14.9.2016 at 6:36 AM, Jaak said:

Seriously, why not?

In crypts of Winterfell, there are statutes of Stark lords and kings, and also some non-lord members like Lyanna.

Would any statue of Tywin be made?

If yes, would any of the statues be of gold?

There are no other crypts like the Crypts of WF in ASOIF. Seems to have something to do with the "old gods" vs. the faith of the seven.

Tywin is burried beneth the sept of Baelor and there seems to be no custom to errect statues of thoose burried there.

51 minutes ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

Tywin is burried beneth the sept of Baelor and there seems to be no custom to errect statues of thoose burried there.

Tywin's funeral was in the sept of baelor but once done his bones will be sent to the rock. 

It always angered him to see Jaime all in white. Her brother was growing his beard again as well. The stubble covered his jaw and cheeks, and gave his face a rough, uncouth look. He might at least have waited till Father's bones were interred beneath the Rock.

Cersie 2 AFfC

Archived