Some thoughts on Aemon's Dragon dream in AFFC.

Macgregor of the North

49 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

No. The way I see it Daenerys was the first. All the others have died. Then Aegon was revealed, and black or red, a dragon is still a dragon. The third to be revealed will be Jon. The first head devours the dying, and the reborn emerge from the third. The second, well, we don't know what he's for. 

Head 1: Devour the dead

Head 2: ?

Head 3: PROFIT!

3 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Drogon is the winged shadow. 

So a literal dragon, not as like Aemons brothers dream in which the great dragon referred to Baelor the person. 

Interesting, but if the snow refers to a person, then why does the dragon shadow refer to an actual dragons shadow and not the threat of a Targaryen person?

And in truth it's dragons shadows plural, not just one dragon so can't just be Drogons shadow really. So it may show Jon caught up in the DWD 2.0 involving Dany and Aegon/fAegon. If that happens.

This way Jon could be under their shadows, and also if Danys dragons are involved, their shadows too.

Be interesting to keep tabs on Jons involvement with Targs and Dragons, naturally lol.

3 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Like many things we just read this differently.  I just see a dragon shadow in the snow as Jon dead in the snow, I don't see it involving any other dragons.  It is Jons shadow, not an actual dragon or another dragon(Targ).

I see what you mean now, but the dragon(s) are plural in Aemoms dream that is clear. It's not just one dragon showing a shadow on the snow. It's Dragons covering the snow(Jon?) in shadow.

And Aemon talks about them active with hot breath and wings moving etc. It doesn't really seem like a dead dragon casting a shadow to me. 

But I do understand now what you mean.

1 hour ago, Macgregor of the North said:

So a literal dragon, not as like Aemons brothers dream in which the great dragon referred to Baelor the person. 

Interesting, but if the snow refers to a person, then why does the dragon shadow refer to an actual dragons shadow and not the threat of a Targaryen person?

And in truth it's dragons shadows plural, not just one dragon so can't just be Drogons shadow really. So it may show Jon caught up in the DWD 2.0 involving Dany and Aegon/fAegon. If that happens.

This way Jon could be under their shadows, and also if Danys dragons are involved, their shadows too.

Be interesting to keep tabs on Jons involvement with Targs and Dragons, naturally lol.

Hey, I'm just giving you ammo. Where you point your rubber water tommy gun is your call. This is one of the better threads the past few weeks. 

13 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Hey, I'm just giving you ammo. Where you point your rubber water tommy gun is your call. This is one of the better threads the past few weeks. 

Emm, not really, seems like you just blurted out Drogon as that's the first Dragon name that popped into your head. But thanks for the compliment on the thread, it is nice to see a possible clue in the books that hasn't (to my knowledge) been brought up before.

4 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Emm, not really, seems like you just blurted out Drogon as that's the first Dragon name that popped into your head. But thanks for the compliment on the thread, it is nice to see a possible clue in the books that hasn't (to my knowledge) been brought up before.

I wasn't being mean. What I meant to suggest was that Drogon has been identified as a shadow, so with your find (and other potential clues like black always was Jon's color), you could associate Drogon to Jon. Or maybe the beast will swallow him whole while dancing with Daenerys. I was listening to Queen's Stone Cold Crazy while posting and just had to insert rubber water Tommy gun into the post. :)

5 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I wasn't being mean. What I meant to suggest was that Drogon has been identified as a shadow, so with your find (and other potential clues like black always was Jon's color), you could associate Drogon to Jon. Or maybe the beast will swallow him whole while dancing with Daenerys. I was listening to Queen's Stone Cold Crazy while posting and just had to insert rubber water Tommy gun into the post. :)

Lol cool mate I get ya now, and see the Drogon connection also.

Jon and Dany will conceive a child, they will do so during an eclipse (Long Night or Long Night precursor) and when the Red Comet is in the sky. Thus the world is in the moon's shadow with the red messenger over head, and in some ways their child will be TPTWP, shadowchaser, AA. The words involved in Aemon's lines can take on multiple symbols, a dragon can be Jon, Dany, their child, literal or even the red comet. Shadows are in some instances referring to their child, a shadow Jon and Dany cast (mainly Jon, Dany is more symbolised as the light source), and it is with Aemon's lines.

It's the same with these lines.

"Shadows." The world seemed darker when he said it.

"Every man who walks the earth casts a shadow on the world. Some are thin and weak, others long and dark. You should look behind you, Lord Snow. The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall."

Jon glanced over his shoulder. The shadow was there, just as she had said, etched in moonlight against the Wall.

"Shadow?" Davos felt his flesh prickling. "A shadow is a thing of darkness."

"You are more ignorant than a child, ser knight. There are no shadows in the dark. Shadows are the servants of light, the children of fire. The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows."

Jon and Dany, the brightest flames, will cast the darkest shadow, the child of fire, servant of light, PTWP, AA, Edric Shadowchaser etc.

So among other things, Aemon's lines are a description of Jon and Dany having sex and Dany conceiving, the conception their shadows.

"I see them in my dreams, Sam. I see a red star bleeding in the sky. I still remember red. I see their shadows on the snow, hear the crack of leathern wings, feel their hot breath.

It will literally be while the red comet is in the sky (Dany is going to get a hold of the same prophesy Rhaegar did that lead him to believe that Aegon was TPTWP due to his conception having been during a Red Comet passing). They will literally be in the snow, in the North, in the snow at the foot of the wall, and so their shadows will be in the snow but that's not really what the shadows here are symbolising. Their wings cracking and hot breath are representing sex, two dragons mating, Jon and Dany. The shadow is the result, the remnant of their union, a child's conception.

And it is of course all about the AA PTWP prophesy, or will thought to be.

Sam, we tremble on the cusp of half-remembered prophecies, of wonders and terrors that no man now living could hope to comprehend . . . or . . ."

On 17 September 2016 at 8:51 PM, bent branch said:

I think the shadow of the dragon on the snow is probably pretty straight forward. It is a prophecy that Targaryens will end up in the North. And more than one of them. I don't see anything that suggests conflict between the dragons.

Shadows can be taken to mean some kind of threat sometimes. The shadows of the dragons plural on the snow is a possible hint at some threat to Jon by Dragons in the story. If taken as Dragons/Targaryen people then it could hint at some kind of conflict between Jon and Targaryens in the upcoming books.  Or not of course, but Dragons casting shadow over the snow could be taken as a sinister kind of vibe involving Jon.

Archived