Who Will Be The New Sadistic Tormentor?

Iron Mother

I think Cersei's gone full sociopath so that will be interesting to see unravel. I think Qyburn might become something like an interrogator, and I could see him maybe "questioning" some people at his Queen's request next year.

And Euron was a bag of vanilla pudding on the show, but that can and honestly probably will change. He seems to have an expanded role this year, which is a good indicator. 

I would say Cersei, but I really  think she's just there to peak up and get eviscerated by Dany. She achieved her goals, but in her hubris put herself in the weakest possible position. I think Dany batters her and Jamie gives her the mercy kill.

Euron is sort of the wildcard.

But ultimately I think they are just sort of roadbumps at this point to set up the final phase with the Others.

Nobody the level of tormenting that Ramsey and  Joffrey came with their immaturity and recklessness and if wasn't for smarter/level headed people covering for them, they would have both been dead sooner. Of the remaining characters there is nobody who we have seen(yet?) that is that young and reckless with enough power to get away with it.

Joffrey was King and didn't need to answer to anyone and Ramsey was protected by his father, Both of their sadistic moments were behind closed doors and swept under the rug.

Look how quickly Ramsey fell once he offed his father...

Stannis was a smart/levelheaded guy who was manipulated and his mind wasn't right then had a sadistic moment ( although he believed it was for the greater good) in public and lost half his army

Cersei is the most obvious one with her treatment at the end of the season involving the sept and undead mountain, but that was revenge for the long suffering she was put through, I imagine any others that cross her will be a swift kill.

As she doesn't seem the type to get her kicks from playing with her victims/enemies but more the satisfaction of beating them outright, be it quick death or not.

I do vote for Euron/Cersei villain combo.  It is a tv show, and we already know that Cersei is unbalanced and Euron is totally full of himself so it would seem to me that the final two human bad-guys has been telegraphed.  

However, clever writing could give us a more interesting story of Dany being the well-intentioned villain.  I think to make Dany seem lost, then villainous they need more episodes left than they have.  So Cersei/Euron seems like the obvious, expedient choice. 

Dont think so...we're getting to the end of the tv series and the White Walkers will take precedence over a bad guy like Euron..who to be honest on the show lacks charisma and isnt scary at all.

Besides, once you've met Ramsay you cant really top that so you just gotta let go. Ramsay makes everyone look like a saint.

I think it will be primarily Euron. I expect them to show Euron cutting out the tongues of his sailors giving the ship the name Silent as it happen in the books. About Cersei I think they can go both ways with her either a sadistic Cersei that loves torture her 'enemies' like Ramsay, Joffrey or the Mad King or a ruthless Cersei that will be more quiet atleast until Dany arrives to Westeros. 

Well, yes we already see Cercei enacting torment and sadism against Septa Unella, so maybe we'll get more than one "Tormentor Supreme". 

Perhaps one in every one of the 7 kingdoms.  Afterall, burning whole flocks of humans with dragon fire could possibly be perceived as vicious and cruel.  But maybe not?   Frey is gone, so the North is looking fairly snow white in terms of evil people devastating others with sadistic intent. 

The Sand Snakes (I am declaring this now so no one is surprised) will WITHOUT DOUBT be depicted in some form of obscene sex/gore killing rampage.

You heard it here first.  Those girls are nothing if not sex and violence made flesh.  Oh how we have strayed from Martin's vision.

Then we will have Euron Crowseye to the West tormenting his little brother the priest and "raping roving reaving" to contrast Asha's new alliance with Dany and Dorne.  Suddenly the entire Kraken homeworld will transform into peaceful fisherman once evil Euron is burned to ashes by Drogon (recall the punishment of Ramsay for all his sadism). 

LOGIC: we must create the villain that he must be violently destroyed later.

So that's 4.

Ice Hoarde from the extreme north makes 5.  But are they sadists?  They are who they are - they just kill.  They don't send in giant goldcloaks to rape bad septas :mellow:

51 minutes ago, Radish Knight said:

Who is even left near Cersei for her to torment (that we should care about and is actually relevant)? 
Is she gonna capture one of the Sandsnakes and have them tortured? Pretty sure that would provide catharsis for most viewers.

Septa Unella most obviously, perhaps Gendry if he turns up again although I could also seem her reign just being more general brutality.

19 hours ago, MoreOrLess said:

Septa Unella most obviously, perhaps Gendry if he turns up again although I could also seem her reign just being more general brutality.

I was actually thinking of Gendry, though I can't imagine any reason why he would go to King's Landing, he was fleeing from there in the first place. I suppose he could be captured and brought to her, but I don't see why she would not just have him killed tbh. He isn't some person which opposed her, he is someone that poses a genuine threat to her hold on the throne by just being alive.

And does anyone really care about Septa Unella?...

Perhaps she will try to keep Jaime close to her side at all costs?... Is Cersei the head of house Lannister now too, or is Jaime? Will be interesting to see who the Lannister soldiers in King's Landing will follow.

I guess she could torture Bronn (for being one of Tyrion's men)?...

• 5 months later...
On 19.9.2016 at 7:55 PM, TheCasualObserver said:

It's a bit depressing how absolutely right you are. You would think an apocalyptic ice zombie horde and their overlord would be enough threat...

This isn't Lotr, BOY

On 20.9.2016 at 7:12 AM, Iron Mother said:

the show has dropped the gratuitous sex and nudity for the most part.  but as for the grim torment portrayed in vivid detail, the show leans heavily on this element to make people focus on how much they hate a character... as if we need rape or dismemberment or flaying.  Since Euron Crowseye has already been shown to be a "demonic" ruiner of even younger siblings (brother Aeron is a destroyed mess over Euron's treatment of him and yet another Kraken brother) and now brings all these exotic drugs, priests, weapons, etc from all over the world?  It's safe to say we'll get possibly the scariest/most sickening violence in the coming seasons we've seen thus far.

Is it really necessary?

WELL GO WATCH LA LA LAND THEN

On 20.9.2016 at 8:03 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Maybe there won't be any more sadism in the show. Is it necessary to have another one?

I don't understand why would they be interested in doing the same stuff over and over unless the audience likes it; which is a creepy thought.

Some don't like it but like the rest, so they watch/read despite of it.

Others don't like the politics or the magic, but like everything else so they watch/read despite of it.

Anyway, can I just briefly object to the anti-Euron cj here? He obviously is nothing like the books, but as a flamboyant (not in that sense!) boisterous asshole pirate he's a good charismatic villain and certainly doesn't stand out as "weak" among the cast.

He seems like the sort of guy you'd underestimate in terms of what he could be capable of, due to his kinda likeable demeanor etc., but would be completely believable (as well as shocking in a new way) when shite hits the fan.
That gleeful smirk he sports when he goes "let's go murder them" is like an evil version of "let's hunt some orc", and indicates he might have rather good scenes in the next seasons...

With as few episodes as are left I think that it's really too late to develop an new Super-villain so my money is on Cersei.  She'll try to play whatever alliance the living put together to face the dead and my guess is that Jaime will have to kill her as he did Aerys to save King's Landing.

On 9/17/2016 at 3:55 AM, Iron Mother said:

After Joff....... and impossibly followed by Ramsay..... could Euron Crowseye be the next GOT Torturer Supreme?  Clearly the show believes it needs this element.  So, based on what we already know of the 'Crowseye' and what was released in new chapters of WoW, will this come to pass?

"...the sound of an iron hinge..."

Arya

4 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Euron will die off-screen because he didnt fair too well with the mommy blogger marketing test group.

i know it is ridiculous for a tv show to just randomly kill characters but they should just go there with Dorne and the Iron Islands since those plots have no future.  Whatever happens, it will be amalgams of alliances versus amalgams of alliances so people can die quickly and it won't be that big of a deal.

The test group had it right.  The minute I saw Eurine on the bridge with Balon, I saw where that whole story was going to become and I threw up a little in my mouth.  Plus, Elaria sand and her serpents have no interest for me.  In the beginning of the show when they do the "round the world" video game sequence of locations, and they put that serpent on the tower of sunspear, that was an abomination.  Lastly, when Cercei received the package with Myrcella's necklace in what?  A BOX WITH A SERPENT HEAD AND THE NECKLACE IN ITS JAWS.

Better, I think, to kill it quickly than to overkill it for a long time.

Archived