Football - clouds on the optimism horizon

Rorshach

19 minutes ago, Notone said:

Union Berlin - St. Pauli

And I am not happy with the match or the scoreline.

Since it's second tier German football I am probably the only one watching that game.

I saw the first half. You didn't seem too bad, just too many simple mistakes made in the wrong places. Stop making them and this side should be far clear of a relegation battle.

The defensive howlers esp. Sobiech before Berlin's second, are one thing. But it's all been very toothless and slow on the attack. Second half has been a bit better since Bouhadouz has been brought in. But you can see how the departure of 3 creative players in the middle during the offseason has had an impact and left a creative void. Next week's game at the newly relegated Hangover 96 can become very unpleasent. Since they have more or less lived up to their label of promotion contenders.

Sobiech will probably face a ban over violent conduct from the previous game against Munchen. So that's one of the two centrebacks out. Gonther is still injured. So it's a good question who will slot in next to Ziereis. I am just happy, that the window is closed, so that the Leverkusen can't follow up on their rumored interest. 

3 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Not watching, but ze Internett tells me Steven Defour assisted on both goals. He may rival Gueye in the "best signing for £7m"-category.

I've been stalling on drafting Defour in for Drinkwater in my draft ff team for weeks now, and I'm really regretting it.

A game away at second place didn't seem like a fair place to judge St. Pauli's attack. I thought Rzatkowski could have done better than a move to Austria, especially to Red Bull's second team. 

Allardyce already caught taking money to help companies break FA rules on third party ownership.

1 hour ago, Rorshach said:

Not watching, but ze Internett tells me Steven Defour assisted on both goals. He may rival Gueye in the "best signing for £7m"-category.

Capoue too on recent form.  It's amazing how many quite good players are available, with the potential to excel in the right situation, e.g. pushed further forward, playing alongside the right players, given more responsibility to create, etc.

Dortmund vs. Real Madrid has the potential to be a real humdinger. I fancy Dortmund to win this one. Real have looked flat in their last two league games while Dortmund have been red hot. Not to mention that Real have an abysmal record in Germany. I'll be switching over now and again to the Leicester/Porto game as well.

Archived