NFL 2016 Week 2: extending the mustache ride in LA

DanteGabriel

First half of pit and cin was boring, second half picked up.  Pretty boneheaded move by cin to not challenge that play in the endzone. At that point what's there to lose? Ben made some idiotic passes but still threw 3 td's so I'll take it. D-WIll is a beast. AB had a quiet game and O still did enough to win. Same can't be said for Bengals when AJ Green doesn't show up. Thought he was supposed to kick our ass? Our D does enough to win. We'll let up a lot of yards through the air but the turnovers make the difference. 

The blood wasn't boiling like it was predicted. Only week 2 with not a terrible amount on the line so that's understandable. I'm sure it'll be more heated next time when that orc crawls out of his suspension cave and back onto the field.

Talk about a rigged game. If the NFL reviews this game, refs will get a F. Can't wait for Dean Blandino to come out on Friday apologizing for the missed calls on the fumble and TD plus the six holds that were ignored. Not saying the Bengals were going to win because they played poorly but all potential chances were taken from them.

In other news, Dalton was horrendous in the red zone and our run game is the worst in the NFL. 

Simms is an atrocity. Earlier this week, DG made a comment about something Simms said on Inside the NFL, and I wanted to respond gently ribbing him about voluntarily consuming *more* Simms... but everything I could come up with sounded too mean-spirited. Simms is really bad.

15 minutes ago, Triskan said:

How glad is New England to be 2-0 in case JG's injury is serious and Brissett has to start Thursday night?

Couldn't agree more on what a baffoon Simms is. 

My dad just texted me about how Brady is probably laughing evilly somewhere while Wes Welker feeds him grapes.

Welker is apparently entertaining New England fans by attending the game as Fake Brady.

More seriously, if New England can win a few more without their best players, their chances of being even more scary than usual during the playoffs increase. Last year, they were undefeated for a long time, but in the end, injuries took their toll. Of course, it could be that they'll get injured again in fewer games, but it is less likely.

Well the Steelers punter Jordan Berry was really good today. That and keeping AJ Green under wraps were about the highlights for me besides picking up the win. And my seats were under cover so I didn't get soaked. Guess that's two wins today...

Seahawks are a shit show. I mean, I know that when it comes to the Rams, they are snakebit, but wow that was a shit show. Hawks need a new offensive coordinator because the bubble screens on 3rd and 8 haven't been cutting it for the last... well, since Bevell became of offensive coordinator. Obviously, it is week 2, so I don't want to seem like I'm saying the sky is falling, but boy was that frustrating. Hopefully it'll be better next week.

Archived