NFL 2016 Week 2: extending the mustache ride in LA

DanteGabriel

20 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That was an expensive nose thumbing, especially given his later admission that on a scale of 1 to 100, Spygate provided the Patriots with an advantage of 1. 

I'm not sure how you can quantify the amount of advantage that the Patriots received because Goodell was obviously scared shitless for the viability of the NFL and, therefore, destroyed all the evidence.

1 hour ago, Tempra said:

I'm not sure how you can quantify the amount of advantage that the Patriots received because Goodell was obviously scared shitless for the viability of the NFL and, therefore, destroyed all the evidence.

Yeah, I have to imagine that Belichick was downplaying it when he gave his boss that number. Why defy a league wide memo to maintain a 1% advantage?

11 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

THat seems like a goofy call in cincy? If it's a false start shouldn't the play be dead? Which would negate the hit to the head on the qb?

Dead ball foul took precident as it should.  That said these refs need louder whistles or soething; I'm not sure anyone on the right side of that play knew the play stopped.

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Honestly, I think it's more a matter of the Vikes defense being just that good. Everyone's talking about the Donkey's D, but I'll take the Vikes all day. They look absolutely brutal. 

Vikings are disciplined and have good players everywhere, but the Broncos are brawlers with honest-to-god superstars at every position.

26 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Honestly, I think it's more a matter of the Vikes defense being just that good. Everyone's talking about the Donkey's D, but I'll take the Vikes all day. They look absolutely brutal. 

When they carry the team to a trophy I'll listen.  

Meanwhile Denver is 3-0 against three playoff teams; two of which were blow outs.

1 minute ago, SkynJay said:

When they carry the team to a trophy I'll listen.  

Meanwhile Denver is 3-0 against three playoff teams; two of which were blow outs.

Colts ain't no playoff team, and I wouldn't call that a blowout last week. Dominating, sure, but not a blowout. I'd say the same about this week.

Vikings have beaten GB and Carolina... both serious Super Bowl contenders; while being without their starting QB and running back.

I'd definitely pump the brakes on any smack talk.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Vikings have beaten GB and Carolina... both serious Super Bowl contenders; while being without their starting QB and running back.

I'd definitely pump the brakes on any smack talk.

I mean, they just won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning's corpse at QB, so this isn't exactly surprising.

Archived