RIP My Dog Winter

drawkcabi

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

Because I've got Benny on the mind, here's a soulful picture of him AND a happy picture of him - both from about a year and a half ago, IIRC.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Tears_of_Lys/FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Tears_of_Lys/FullSizeRender 3 - Copy.jpgj

This last one is him at a nearby park that he LURVED, due to the fact that lots of other dogs were there. 

Precious TOL, :grouphug:

Drawk I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I loved stories of Winter on the Dog thread. She sounds like her personality was as beautiful as she was. I have nothing to say except that she was so lucky to have a human who loved her so much. So incredibly sorry that she died so young. :grouphug:

16 hours ago, Harakiri said:

Hope you're doing as well as you possibly can. Just had to put my beagle Max down tonight an hour ago. It sucks. 

Thank you. I'm so sorry about Max :grouphug:

The best you can say I think is that he's no longer in any pain or discomfort and you will always have memories of him and he will always have a place in your heart.

3 hours ago, Seventh Pup said:

Drawk I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I loved stories of Winter on the Dog thread. She sounds like her personality was as beautiful as she was. I have nothing to say except that she was so lucky to have a human who loved her so much. So incredibly sorry that she died so young. :grouphug:

Thank you Seventh, I know you've been through this too not that long ago :grouphug:

I've been watching a lot of Keeshond videos on YouTube when I start getting really down. I am so glad they are there.

I found this one video of a Kees, the way he crosses his legs is just how Winter would do ALL the time. Practically every time she would lie down, even when she was up on my lap lying on my tummy. :wub: 

2 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Thank you. I'm so sorry about Max :grouphug:

The best you can say I think is that he's no longer in any pain or discomfort and you will always have memories of him and he will always have a place in your heart.

Sharing the pain man, so NP and thank you.

Yea, that's exactly why it was done. I said earlier in the thread that he had a seizure, he had 2 more this past saturday and then had another yesterday (which we didnt notice since it was so mild), but it caused him to have multiple non stop micro ones from what they said His brain just went haywire since he couldn't calm down and that just triggered what was going on. He did calm down when he got in the car to go to the vet though. Had a big drink of water (had filet mignon and doggy ice cream for his lunch as well),  gave him a hug and kiss.  We were bringing him just to see why he was so agitated and if they could help him go to the bathroom in case he was too constipated. Then we found out what the issue was and were told he could be sent home but it could keep happening and he could possibly not even make it to or through the night. He was peaceful there so we decided that was the best choice so he wasn't in possible pain and discomfort. 

It's surreal thinking about an animal you cared about and had for a period of time and knowing you will  not see them again, hear them barking around the house, having them lay near you etc. It sucks and it never gets easier no matter how many times you go through it. 

But like you said, we will always have the memories of our pets and a special place for them in our hearts. 

Archived