Star Trek: Discovery

Werthead

1 hour ago, felice said:

All men. Somehow I doubt this show is going to be any better than the previous ones on female representation :angry2:

I kind of thought they were going to do better too. I mean an Asian women and African American women is a good start but I think they're dropping the ball. Unless some of the aliens are female but I'm not sure if that counts. 

13 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I kind of thought they were going to do better too. I mean an Asian women and African American women is a good start but I think they're dropping the ball. Unless some of the aliens are female but I'm not sure if that counts. 

it probably has to count. It does in terms of women having parts in the show and the fact the aliens almost always stick to human gender equivalencies.

The high up starfleet officer sounds like it may be more of a recurring guest role than a main part so we might see some more permanent roles turn up yet.

13 hours ago, RumHam said:

I assume Roddenberry felt that in the future we'd be so not sexist that men would wear short skirts too. 

A future where fashion still overcomes practicality. I guess they can't solve every issue in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Didn't they start production a few months ago?  Seems rather late to cast what is listed as a regular character.

Probably because

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

You know he's going to die in the pilot or somewhere early in the show. ;)

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

Probably because

Yeah - it possibly argues he's not in it for long at all. I guess Sean Bean was busy.

He's a good actor though so should do well for the scenes he has.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived