Star Trek: Discovery

Werthead

The first trailer is up, but US-only for the moment.

Interestingly, they've expanded the episode order from 13 to 15, which apparently is one reason for the delays.

27 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The first trailer is up, but US-only for the moment.

Interestingly, they've expanded the episode order from 13 to 15, which apparently is one reason for the delays.

fucking territory restrictions on trailers. So instead I'll have to make do with reading in depth analysis with stills (which aren't restricted) and whatever joy/impact I could have had from just watching the damn thing is ruined. Honestly, some programming/marketing choices are neanderthal.

If you watch the banner video on screenrant you get the trailer as it's auto rolling not via youtube.

So the Klingons are different again.

Also not too keen on them doing the "Gotham" approach with Spock. I'm not interested in iconic characters before they are iconic.

Looks nice though and the actress from Walking Dead looks like she'll shine.

3 minutes ago, red snow said:

If you watch the banner video on screenrant you get the trailer as it's auto rolling not via youtube.

So the Klingons are different again.

Also not too keen on them doing the "Gotham" approach with Spock. I'm not interested in iconic characters before they are iconic.

Looks nice though and the actress from Walking Dead looks like she'll shine.

So they are being inspired by the JJ verse - lense flare galore. And the Klingons being different. smh

But the special effects look impressive, I like the uniforms, and I, too, think the main actress will do a good job. 

Hmm.....I kinda don't like it. But I'm not sure why. Doesn't feel like Trek for a start, and I can't really get a feel for what it's actually about. I think it's the focus on weird Klingons (sorry I can't get past this; they just don't need to look different) and just the general war and combat and violence and death. Wouldn't mind some optimism and prosperity in there. Plus it reeeeeeally looks like 10 years before Pine & Quinto and not Shatner and Nimoy despite which universe they claim it's in.

They'd better deliver a really solid pilot episode (they still plan to air that one on broadcast tv, right?) if they expect Star Trek fans to carry their streaming service at first. I'm not inclined to pay money for the privilege of watching that. 

2 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

That's  how i felt about Enterprise but 15 years later it's not so bad.   Advice: wait a decade 

Whaat. I liked a lot of what they did those last couple seasons but there are so many episodes that are borderline unwatchably boring. Plus Archer sucked throughout. 

8 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Exactly on the All Access...

Imnactually looking more forward to Seth Meyer's Orville morr at the moment...

If only, but it's Seth McFarland of Family Guy fame.

I want to like this, but it felt kinda meh. It just doesn't seem like Star Trek. The Klingons aside, it's hard to grasp what this is about other than a random scifi show. I like the more cinematic look (even the Dune-esque teaser scene), but it needs more substance than that. 

Archived