Maisie Williams: S7 scripts made me read & RE-READ everything!

a black swan

1 hour ago, King Tyrion I said:

And there's this quote from book!Jon: "You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.”

If it's indeed foreshadowing this could be Damocles' sword hanging over Arya's head. And since she's apparently going North - where winter has already begun - it could definitely mean something and result in an event in her storyline.

As has been said so many times before, that is only half the quote. It begins: "You had best run back to your room, little sister. Septa Mordane will surely be lurking. The longer you hide, the sterner the penance..." In that context it is pretty clear that the sooner Arya returns home the better.

9 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I've been away for awhile but I'm back now. There's been so much season 7 news!!! Maisie's tweets a couple months back, Emmy interviews, and now filming spoilers/speculations! I saw Maisie in the northern costume on the same day as practically everyone else that's involved with the North storyline (except Sansa) and I really hope she does in deed make it to Winterfell in the first couple of episodes. The reunion with Jon better be the most emotional scene of the series yet...and Nymeria too. That has to happen. But will she be running into the Hound and the Brotherhood? Melisandre? I know they added in season 3 that the two would meet again so for continuity that should happen somehow too. Maybe she'll tell Arya about Jon.

I don't think Arya will be going South. So many fans think she's all about killing, killing, revenge, revenge - sure that's part of her and her story but that's not the main theme of her character/journey: it's idenity. She's a Stark. She's been trying to get to Jon/Home this whole time while learning the  sword, "assassin" skills, leadership skills even... With Maisie having re read everything I really expect there to be some major twist that she didn't see coming, but maybe we, the fans, do. I wonder if aspects of the original outline are still in the end game - I know George has said many times that he knows the major characters endings and that it's the same ending since the beginning - which means the Jon/Arya romance perhaps? Or maybe Arya will lead her own army/rule the north? Or it could honestly be something completely unexpected that we book readers couldn't even guess. You can't really predict the actual outcome of Arya's storyline sadly, but that's the fun!

As for deaths, based off Emmy interviews... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sansa lives or dies. It feels like her story is pretty much done, unless, of course, she's important with Dany for some reason. I can't picture them in a scene together but that may happen. Anyways... sorry for the ramble like post. Too many thoughts in my head.

Spoiler

Jon's storyline will have him leaving the North in s7 to make new alliances South. He will meet Theon as well. Theon gets separated from Camp Dany. Yara seems to be the Greyjoy that gets captured and tortured.  

With only 7 eps, Jon being King and having to deal with internal problems - most likely LF and by extension Sansa. That stuff should wrap up in the first half of the season. Then Jon leaves for the South I think.

I find it interesting that Maisie joked about being badass with a sword, knowing the WW are coming yet she doesn't have any dragonglass/Valyrian steel. Hmm, a trip to Dragonstone anyone? 

Maisie did the same "jokes laced with spoilers" thing last year. She was on a late night talk show promoting s6 and slipped in that the Waif dies. LOL Clever girl, no one even noticed!

1 hour ago, King Tyrion I said:

And there's this quote from book!Jon: "You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.”

If it's indeed foreshadowing this could be Damocles' sword hanging over Arya's head. And since she's apparently going North - where winter has already begun - it could definitely mean something and result in an event in her storyline.

To add to what @Horse of Kent said, I suggest you read this detailed explanation disproving your Damocles' sword hanging over Arya. 

http://forbloodandwine.tumblr.com/post/150835233789/a-lot-of-people-in-the-fandom-seem-to-believe-that

At this point I'm shifting my belief on which Stark lady bites it in season 7 every other day. I just have this strong feeling at least one more Stark will end up on the chopping block and it will be one of the sisters for a change as we have had 3 Stark men die, 1 die and get resurrected and 1 turn into a half wight so far.

If one of them dies (I could also see both of them surviving season 7) this season my money would be on Sansa. Arya was always one of GRRM's most important characters and she seems to be important for the endgame and the fight against the White Walkers. We don't know in what capacity, but apparently she will be involved. I could see her dying in season 8, but not in season 7. 

Why should GRRM spend so much time on Arya's in the Riverlands and Bravos, if it's not gonna be important? It would be a waste of character. 

Now a similar argument could be made about Sansa, but she was always surrounded by important characters and provided us with a view on them. First on KL and the people (Cersei, the Tyrells, etc) there and later on LF and the Vale. LF and the people in KL and were important for the overall story. The only important character in Bravos was Arya and while it also gave us some insight about the FM the Bravos story was more about Arya's development and her learning new skills.

@ DutchArya: Very interesting article. I never saw the Jon quote as a sort of foreshadowing which implies that Arya will die in this manner and I was always surpised that so many people in the fandom believed that it foreshadowed her death. 

Sansa's story is so different to the books, that I don't think the latter give us any guidance on her fate, this season.

If Sansa does die in the Show, I would imagine it would be as a result of turning against Jon Snow.

Well I think that if she dies in the show she will also die in the books (maybe under totally different circumstances). The showrunners have diverged massively from the source material, but I think that the fate of the very important characers will be the same in the books and the show. 

So, I was using my book-knowledge about Arya and her role in the story to explain why it would not make much sense for Arya to die before Season 8 and using this knowledge to explain why it would be more likely for Sansa to die in Season 7

16 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I'm feeling fairly confident that Sansa is going to bite it this forthcoming season, all her filming seems to be in secret

Hide contents

, we know Arya meets with Jon but Sansa doesn't seem to be there (although it can't be ruled out).

Spoiler

The Sansa pics have emerged. She was there all along. The wig is really good too. You really can't tell it is a wig.

http://i.imgur.com/VbPJIV0.jpg

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Sansa's story is so different to the books, that I don't think the latter give us any guidance on her fate, this season.

If Sansa does die in the Show, I would imagine it would be as a result of turning against Jon Snow.

Is it really totally different or have they simply fast tracked her vale storyline and merged it Jayne Poole instead as it makes more interesting TV.  I suspect the end result i.e. Sansa/Littlefinger/Knights of the Vale coming North is coming in the books too but the context will be different so they are probably hitting the same significant end game.

1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

About Gendry..... :o

Hide contents

He is at Dragonstone with Tyrion. He is wearing a highborn outfit too. Perhaps Dany legitimised him? Interesting!!!

Spoiler

And that with your thoughts of Valyrian Steel/Dragonglass... he might be useful for the weapons

36 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Hide contents

And that with your thoughts of Valyrian Steel/Dragonglass... he might be useful for the weapons

YUP. 

Plus I find it interesting that Maise joked about her skills with a sword and not having dragonglass/Valyrian steel with the WW on the way. A big HMM. ^_^

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Reveal hidden contents

He is at Dragonstone with Tyrion. He is wearing a highborn outfit too. Perhaps Dany legitimised him? Interesting!!!

Well it's only a rumour so far and I generally don't believe these rumours before we get pictures or unless they come from leakers who have often been accurate in the past. I just think that too many false leaks happened in the past. However, this is still one of the things I could see happening.

If it happens they could make him ruler of the Stormlands . Didn't think we would actually hear about the Stormlands again, but yeah maybe Daenerys uses the fact that he's Robert's last known living relative (apart from herself). He doesn't necessarily need a legitimisation, though. Jon, Ellaria and the Sand Snakes got into power without it. Just imagine a scenario where 3 of the 7 kingdoms are ruled by bastards. The Blackfyres would be so jealous 

:lmao:

A video that has been released confirmed another thing: 

Liam Cunnigham is defenitively shooting scenes in Spain. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/stars-game-thrones-arrive-spain/#more-73755  Maybe he goes there as Jon's negotiator. A meeting between Davos and Tyrion would really be interesting. Especially if you consier the fact that they fought on opposite sides during the battle of Blackwater and that Tyrion is kind of responsible for the death of the son of Davos.

1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

YUP. 

Plus I find it interesting that Maise joked about her skills with a sword and not having dragonglass/Valyrian steel with the WW on the way. A big HMM. ^_^

Maisie has definitely joked spoilers in the past, what with joking that the Waif was dead before season six started. I really hope this joke is a spoiler and that Gendry is really, truly back in the story. Plus GRRM said the two will meet again in the books too!

3 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Maisie has definitely joked spoilers in the past, what with joking that the Waif was dead before season six started. I really hope this joke is a spoiler and that Gendry is really, truly back in the story. Plus GRRM said the two will meet again in the books too!

Gendry should be back, because there are some pictures of the actor in Belfast. I just hope that they don't kill him off after he has only appeared in two scenes. 

2 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Gendry should be back, because there are some pictures of the actor in Belfast. I just hope that they don't kill him off after he has only appeared in two scenes. 

Agree. That would be horrible if they kill him right away. He has a purpose and I believe that is to make Valeryion (sp?) swords to fight off the WW. And to marry a certain someone; a Stark and Baratheon pairing. And there's reports that Dempsie is in Spain right now with Liam and Peter.

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Where's any pic of him wearing a highborn outfit? what source claims that if there's no photos?

and so he ended up rowing around Dragonstone for years? haha

Gendry's master Tobho Mott is one of the few blacksmiths who's able to reforge Valyrian steel. In the books he was the one who reforged Ice and created Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper. Gendry could have learned how to work with Valyrian steel from him. I don't know if they books ever indicated that Tobo Mott tought Gendry how to do it, though. 

However, the secret for acutally creating Valyrian steel has been lost with the Doom of Valyria and no one knows how to make new Valyrian steel only how to reforge existing Valyrian steel objects. That's why there are so few Valyrian steel swords and why they are so valuable. 

Of course the show could just come up with it's own explanations and they could develop a scenario where someone re-discovers the old secret for creating Valyrian steel. 

33 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Yup, she has a history of sneaking in spoilers through clever jokes!

Perhaps Arya will join Jon at Dragonstone? That way she gets to reconnect with Genrdy and she gets to see Dragons too. 

Right now Kit is back in London and I know Maisie is as well (she recently got a . Next week we should know more about the Dragonstone story line and who is filming where. 

Archived