South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

12 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

A real troll. The meeting is supposed to take place under a bridge, and the whole Denmark will fight back suggests that they'll have a real troll as described in the Nordic legends, no doubt pissed that the name of his species is being used in such a manner today. 

Huh, that seems pretty good actually. 

25 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

A real troll. The meeting is supposed to take place under a bridge, and the whole Denmark will fight back suggests that they'll have a real troll as described in the Nordic legends, no doubt pissed that the name of his species is being used in such a manner today. 

Oh, I didnt think about that, but now you say it, I cant see going it any other direction ! 

Maybe if they picked Iceland over Denmark I'd have gotten the "real troll" stuff right ahead but it works with Denmark as well ! 

Looking forward to Geralt meeting a real-live-straight-out-of-folklore troll ! 

1 hour ago, Arkash said:

Oh, I didnt think about that, but now you say it, I cant see going it any other direction ! 

Maybe if they picked Iceland over Denmark I'd have gotten the "real troll" stuff right ahead but it works with Denmark as well ! 

Looking forward to Geralt meeting a real-live-straight-out-of-folklore troll ! 

I, too, frowned on the Denmark choice given my theory. Considering the movie, The Troll Hunter, an older movie sure, Norway would have been another better choice. I'm thinking they chose Denmark because of the Olympics. Wasn't there a Danish swimmer that had some success in Rio?

I wasn't keen on the election stuff this season until last night's episode. Now I think the way they are handling it is just brilliant. It's like Stone and Parker are threading a fine needle staying true to themselves with Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche but also nailing it that the Douche in no way should be president while at the same time how bad a candidate turd sandwich is but is still the necessary choice.

Amazing writing, amazing show.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Well unless I missed something in all the seasons I didn't watch, Cartman is poised to be the first of the boys see a real vagina, may even get more.

Didn't Kenny die of an STD one time? He had a skanky GF at the time, so I guess he must have seen more :P

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yeah, that's as good a guess as any. Unless the paper is completely unrelated to Gerald's identity as skankhunt :P 

2 hours ago, Notone said:

No, idea. But I think it works, at least kinda. The douche versus turd will always remind me of that cast your vote episode, where Stan ends up living in that peta camp. But I can't help to think, that they didn't think Trump would make it this far. And now they are stuck with Mr. Garrison. That's a bit of the drawback of using story archs instead of a story of the week series. 

I loved how they handled the debate though. 

I don't know, douche might be accurate to describe Trump, but - despite not being Hillary's biggest fan - she's not a turd sandwich equivalent in the way Trump is a douche imo. It grates a little bit.

23 hours ago, Corvinus said:

That's acutally quite a nice idea. I am curious who the "real Troll" might be. They haven't taken a shot at Kanye West for some time now, or they will sneak in the Donald that way. 

I thought this episode was a little weak and one of the pitfalls of a season long arc in the sense it seems to be repeating the same jokes from the week before. Still interested where it's going though.

8 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

They need to give PC principal more material, he was one of the reasons last season was good.

He was a highlight last year. I thought Mr MAckey was pretty good last week getting exhausted with the kid threatening to end twitter. Hope they follow that up.

I do worry they'll go meta with member berries and become repetitive and force us into a "remember when aspect x of south park was cool" eg "member PC principal - ooh I loved PC principal."

Hum, for the moment I think Parker and Stone are pushing into a different direction with member berries.

Namely, remember the time America was good, the smell of fresh apple pie in the air, Fonzie on Telly, Happy Days. I think they will use member berries as plot device to dismantle that myth. The good ol' days were not all that good. Yes, there were some likable aspects, but also some less great points. In terms of the story arch, that Whole Foods as villainous entity has not really been fully resolved. So Whole Foods might have planted it, to mess with the minds of the town folks.

46 minutes ago, Notone said:

Hum, for the moment I think Parker and Stone are pushing into a different direction with member berries.

Namely, remember the time America was good, the smell of fresh apple pie in the air, Fonzie on Telly, Happy Days. I think they will use member berries as plot device to dismantle that myth. The good ol' days were not all that good. Yes, there were some likable aspects, but also some less great points. In terms of the story arch, that Whole Foods as villainous entity has not really been fully resolved. So Whole Foods might have planted it, to mess with the minds of the town folks.

the thing with the member berries is the insinuation that people nostalgic for the "good old days" are sometimes also including sexism, homophobia and racism in those "happy" memories. Things were simpler - not better (unless you were a white man maybe).

The suggestion the person meeting under the bridge is an actual troll was a good one upthread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 2:34 PM, Veltigar said:

Didn't Kenny die of an STD one time? He had a skanky GF at the time, so I guess he must have seen more :P

Back in the episode where Kenny was a whore who would do anything for money, he climbed inside Ms. Crabtree's vagina for several hours, dying from the "tight virgin flower" pressure. 

On 9/29/2016 at 3:34 PM, Veltigar said:

Yeah, that's as good a guess as any. Unless the paper is completely unrelated to Gerald's identity as skankhunt :P 

I don't know, douche might be accurate to describe Trump, but - despite not being Hillary's biggest fan - she's not a turd sandwich equivalent in the way Trump is a douche imo. It grates a little bit.

It was the episode when Kenny and the girl who sounded like Peppermint Patty wore the purity rings. After Mickey Mouse went back to Valhalla to slumber and feed they took them off and Kenny got a bj in the parking lot of TGI Fridays and he did get an STD and die. Herpes maybe. 

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Holy shit, this episode

The anthem protest

Gerald and his wife

The trolls and the bridge

Uncle Kyle

I vomited.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Man that was hilarious. I love how they put the World of Warcraft troll in there too. And of course, Butters.

Uncle Kyle, the Warcraft troll and PC Principal's explanation to the girls why the anthem protest by the boys was ok were solid gold. 

Archived