Veltigar

South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]

133 posts in this topic

You know, I thought of a great way Parker and Stone could get Garrison out of the White House and return the show to the status quo.

Bring back Mr. Hat!

Reveal that Giant Douche is a manifestation of Mr. Hat's personality asserting itself through Garrison. Mr. Hat, a known racist bastard and KKK member, then shows up, only he's not Mr. Hat anymore, he's Mr. Hair and he takes over.

Garrison can then leave and go back to South Park as Parker and Stone intended after Hillary won the election but had to revise after the SNAFU election. They can then focus on South Park the town again, as they were going to any way this season, but don't have to feel like they've abandoned Garrison there in Washington. They can come back to that once and while as the feel like it and not needing to spend much time just acknowledge the latest seriously fucked up thing Mr. Hair is doing. Mr. Hair who is of course a puppet, so maybe reveal that now he's not on Mr. Garrison's hand any longer, he's on Putin's.

It just seems to fit so well to me.

That was disappointing. I feel like the only point of the episode was to have Cartman break up with his girlfriend. But instead of doing it in  3 minutes when the episode began, they took 20+ minutes using the same 3 jokes over and over again. 

3 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I fell asleep halfway through the episode.

My god, it's only  22 minutes, is it THAT bad?

47 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

My god, it's only  22 minutes, is it THAT bad?

Probably not, I been doing that a lot in front of the tv lately.

Yeah that was boring. The only thing I found a little bit funny was the guy in the Master Chief outfit taking part in the march. 

'member when South Park was fun?

Haven't seen it yet but couldn't resist.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

'member when South Park was fun?

Haven't seen it yet but couldn't resist.

Now that you mention it, last season was pretty weak too, IMO.

So yeah, when was the last time it was funny?

11 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I think the problem with last season was that the season-long didn't really sustain the show. I can see why they tried it again as it did work well the first time they tried it.

I think they've got a little too caught up in the themes of social media, trolling, safe space etc. They are important things to cover but South Park works better when they are jumping around parodying multiple things.

This episode was a bit of a snore. If the highlight of an episode of South Park is the parody of home improvement shows, they're not off to a great start. 

Oh snap! I didn't even realize S21 had started! From the comments though it looks like I didn't miss much. :/  Shame, I thought S20 was fantastic.

*edit*

Just watched S21E01 and I agree, it was pretty lackluster. There were a few choice items on Cartman's shopping list that I'll add to my insult rotation though.

Edited by PetyrPunkinhead
Jerbs!

19 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Season 19? The overarching pussy crushing politically correct theme was funny, and i remember enjoying the individual episode jokes (e.g. ninjas as muslims). 

7 hours ago, The Drunkard said:

Season 19? The overarching pussy crushing politically correct theme was funny, and i remember enjoying the individual episode jokes (e.g. ninjas as muslims). 

Oh with PC principal? Yeah that one was awesome.