TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Women have a high pain tolerance level. It is known :D 

Yeah so many people say the best feeling in the world is taking off your bra at the end of the day. Bullshit. :bs: Taking off your heels after wearing them for 3+ hours is the best feeling in the world. 

I 100% agree.

15 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I 100% agree.

oh god... I'm not sure I dare ask this... 

Spoiler

I feel horrible for what I'm going to say... 

Spoiler

For months I somehow have been under the impression that you are male, was I entirely wrong or I am being entirely stupid now? 

Spoiler

God, I'm so sorry.

Yeah, I mean... Yeah... Lady Sidious doesn't sound bad. 

*cringes at her own lack of intelligence and manners* 

on a less cringe-worthy note, About a Boy (2002) is the prime example of how being faithful to the source material does not in fact guarantee a successful movie adaptation. But hey, baby-Tonks and baby-Hank! And no, Nicholas Hoult wasn't one of those child actors who lost his mojo when he grew-up, he was a poor actor in his childhood too. Sorry Nicholas Hoult. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I do recommend trying stilettos at least once, for the experience. And I also recommend wearing a dark suit in 35+C heat in summer before we rush to suggest that male formal wear is comfortable. I'm convinced the guys had it worse during our end of June thesis defense even though I was the one in stilettos. 

Thanks for the recommendation. :) I am open to trying it once, but not to buying a pair of shoes just to try them on. As I said, flat shoes can be formal too.

And I agree about the male formal wear, that must be hot in summer. (Here nobody expects anybody to be especially formal on defence, btw. One of my professors on my defence was in shorts and sandals.)

Another topic ... two out of three of students on my course failed. :( I am such a horrible teacher.

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Another topic ... two out of three of students on my course failed. :( I am such a horrible teacher.

Nah, students are just a lazy breed. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. You would've been to blame if you hadn't given a crap about whether they succeeded or failed, but you don't. You care, and in my experience, that's the most important thing a teacher can do.

Lady Sidious sounds more kickass than Lord Sidious, IMO.

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

Nah, students are just a lazy breed. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. You would've been to blame if you hadn't given a crap about whether they succeeded or failed, but you don't. You care, and in my experience, that's the most important thing a teacher can do.

I care, but right now that helps them fuck all, to say crudely. I fear my boss will think I am an awful teacher now.

53 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks for the recommendation. :) I am open to trying it once, but not to buying a pair of shoes just to try them on. As I said, flat shoes can be formal too.

And I agree about the male formal wear, that must be hot in summer. (Here nobody expects anybody to be especially formal on defence, btw. One of my professors on my defence was in shorts and sandals.)

Yeah that was the same at my bachelor defense, it was quite ridiculous, we were all dressed up and the teacher turned up in shorts and sandals (with socks, to top it). I kinda preferred the more formal setup we had this time. 

That's really not your fault at all. Even the best teachers can't help a student who doesn't pay attention and study. I'm pretty sure you did everything, you are a very dedicated and hard working person. And I'm sure the boss knows that too. 

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I never wear heels. The highest heels I have are on my graduation ball shoes, and they are not especially high either. There is no occasion where you have to wear heels. ;)

Yeah, I'm with you there; I don't see any point in shoes that aren't comfortable to walk in. And practicality aside, I really don't need the extra height.

21 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Lord sounds more bad-ass, but calling female characters lords never made any sense to me. (And there are characters who did call themselves Ladies of the Sith).

Of course it makes sense, the Sith are a very equal opportunities organisation, so the same title of Dark Lord of the Sith applies to both sexes, unlike those backward thinking,sexist Jedi who use master/mistress instead, using the diminutive form, implies their female members are lesser in some way, of course technically they are, but their male members are equally lesser too in that they decide to follow the wrong side of the force.

Also, almost all of my jeans are torn in the back when I step on them with my heel because they are too long (no, I cannot buy shorter pairs because that also means they would be narrower and I could not get them past my thighs/butt) ... why are all my jeans torn? It looks sooooo professional ... not. (Of course jeans are really the only sort of trousers I have. I am beyond repair. Remember to never ever take fashion advice from me.)

That's not a bad thing, I never have enough socks. They are like hair ties and bobby pins, they keep disappearing. 

I'm so done with looking for a flat. no, I'm not, I still need a flat, but it's not fun, looking for one. 

I can't imagine how that happens to your jeans, but you could try rolling the up, or buy a different fit, which is tighter around the ankles so you don't sweep the ground with them. Also, getting a tailor/relative/friend who can sew to chop off two inches and hem stitch the bottom is a good and very affordable (here at least) idea. 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That's not a bad thing, I never have enough socks. They are like hair ties and bobby pins, they keep disappearing. 

I'm so done with looking for a flat. no, I'm not, I still need a flat, but it's not fun, looking for one. 

Don't get me started on hair ties, they are never to be found and then at some point you have to clear up everything (like when you are moving) and there is suddenly a pile of them and they are everywhere and you never knew you had so many hair ties (some of them are torn and need to be thrown away anyway).

Good luck with the flat. How does your ideal flat look like (that you have not found yet)?  I hope you have somewhere to stay for the time being at least.

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't get me started on hair ties, they are never to be found and then at some point you have to clear up everything (like when you are moving) and there is suddenly a pile of them and they are everywhere and you never knew you had so many hair ties (some of them are torn and need to be thrown away anyway).

Good luck with the flat. How does your ideal flat look like (that you have not found yet)?  I hope you have somewhere to stay for the time being at least.

Hair ties never ever return to me. They just disappear into thin air. Where do hair ties go...? :idea: 

yeah sure, we own this flat, I can stay as long as I want to, the point is, I don't want to, I've stayed here long enough. I. Need. Space. (This is a pretty small flat which was pretty ideal in the first 3 years of college when I went home about weekly and didn't spend much time here)

and yeah, my ideal flat has two bedrooms, a sitting room, equipped kitchen with enough space to cook and bake, bathroom with a bathtub and Disney-dream-ideally double sink, it's in a nice house with a functioning elevator in a safe and reasonably snobby, easily accessible green area in 30 minutes distance from the city center. I do appreciate a balcony, but it's not a must. It is obviously new or newly renovated. And within the budget. Way too specific, I know. 

Re jeans: that happens after they have already been cut or rolled up and stitched up on the inside. The seams loosen or tear, and there is the too-long part again, under my heel.

I really do not like the fit that is tighter around the ankles, that is why I usually try to buy the straight or bootcut pairs ... funnily enough, those are also the ones that have this problem most. Ironic, eh?

Very specific dream. ;) I am just going to be fine with one room and a shared kitchen and bathroom for the next few months ... I  actually cannot imagine to have a bathroom and a kitchen just to myself now.

Archived