TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Re jeans: that happens after they have already been cut or rolled up and stitched up on the inside. The seams loosen or tear, and there is the too-long part again, under my heel.

I really do not like the fit that is tighter around the ankles, that is why I usually try to buy the straight or bootcut pairs ... funnily enough, those are also the ones that have this problem most. Ironic, eh?

Very specific dream. ;) I am just going to be fine with one room and a shared kitchen and bathroom for the next few months ... I  actually cannot imagine to have a bathroom and a kitchen just to myself now.

Oh I see, that sucks, the seams tearing up. And yes, I do remember having this problem back in middle school when all we had were boot cut jeans. My dad hates it, he thought it looked like I was homeless, but those jeans looked the same on everybody, so it wasn't actually a big deal, the torn seams were totally in. Then skinny jeans came back and sorted this issue out, luckily.  

Oh about the flat, I can't imagine not having my own bathroom. As for kitchen, I have a no-kitchen at the moment so I don't really know what it's like to have a real kitchen, but it must be amazing to be able to bake Whenever you want, oooh...! 

And I will rent it out once I move. Sister can move in when she goes to uni, but I don't think she will want to, so it might just stay rented out. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh I see, that sucks, the seams tearing up. And yes, I do remember having this problem back in middle school when all we had were boot cut jeans. My dad hates it, he thought it looked like I was homeless, but those jeans looked the same on everybody, so it wasn't actually a big deal, the torn seams were totally in. Then skinny jeans came back and sorted this issue out, luckily.  

Oh about the flat, I can't imagine not having my own bathroom. As for kitchen, I have a no-kitchen at the moment so I don't really know what it's like to have a real kitchen, but it must be amazing to be able to bake Whenever you want, oooh...! 

And I will rent it out once I move. Sister can move in when she goes to uni, but I don't think she will want to, so it might just stay rented out. 

Yes, it is very much how everybody looked like back in upper primary/high school here too. :D Like ... around 2004-2007? My father hates it too. He always says I should buy smaller jeans. I am not really qualified to wear skinny jeans because my thighs are apparently funny like that.

I share a bathroom with my family at home as it is, so sharing with somebody else just does not feel all that different to me. I shared with my dorm roommate last year, which was really fewer people to share with than at home. It will be the same this time, just one person to share with (the lady who owns the flat).

Sorry about having a no-kitchen, that must suck. You must find a very nice flat with a fully equipped kitchen! And I hope you als find good people to live in your flat. :)

28 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, it is very much how everybody looked like back in upper primary/high school here too. :D Like ... around 2004-2007? My father hates it too. He always says I should buy smaller jeans. I am not really qualified to wear skinny jeans because my thighs are apparently funny like that.

I share a bathroom with my family at home as it is, so sharing with somebody else just does not feel all that different to me. I shared with my dorm roommate last year, which was really fewer people to share with than at home. It will be the same this time, just one person to share with (the lady who owns the flat).

Sorry about having a no-kitchen, that must suck. You must find a very nice flat with a fully equipped kitchen! And I hope you als find good people to live in your flat. :)

Yeah, kinda, I wore those jeans around 2001-2008, basically for most of that flared jeans decade. 

Alright, let me get this straight. There's no occasion on which one has to wear high heels, but you are not qualified to wear skinny jeans because of how your thighs are funny? That is a very un-Buckwheat-like statement. 

Yeah we have one bathroom at my parents' house too. I have been dreaming of my own bathroom since age 12. At some point the attic was going to be redesigned to be a bedroom with a bathroom for me, but it turned out it couldn't be done due to the piping structure or whatever you call that of the house. It was a sad. But realistically speaking, it's fine to share with a couple people, it's the collective dorm bathrooms I can't bear. 

Thanks, fingers crossed I'll find one sooner rather than later. I have every intention to spend my birthday in a new place. 

When are you moving to the great city? 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, kinda, I wore those jeans around 2001-2008, basically for most of that flared jeans decade. 

Alright, let me get this straight. There's no occasion on which one has to wear high heels, but you are not qualified to wear skinny jeans because of how your thighs are funny? That is a very un-Buckwheat-like statement. 

Yeah we have one bathroom at my parents' house too. I have been dreaming of my own bathroom since age 12. At some point the attic was going to be redesigned to be a bedroom with a bathroom for me, but it turned out it couldn't be done due to the piping structure or whatever you call that of the house. It was a sad. But realistically speaking, it's fine to share with a couple people, it's the collective dorm bathrooms I can't bear. 

Thanks, fingers crossed I'll find one sooner rather than later. I have every intention to spend my birthday in a new place. 

When are you moving to the great city? 

How do you mean, very un-Buckwheat-like? Skinny jeans and high heels have nothing in common (except I will not wear any of these). Some people have legitimate medical reasons why they cannot wear high heels, and they can still look nice and formal. Jeans are just not formal wear, as far as I know (but then I admit I really don't). I am not qualified to wear them because of my shape - my thighs must be too thick for skinny jeans, because I generally cannot pull them on (I have not tried in some time though, I just look for straight ones). Really nothing to do with aesthetics, just practicality. ;)

We had one bedroom until I was 8 ... (there was a plan to renovate the attic into rooms for myself and the valonqar in the house we used to live in, but that never happened because the neighbours did not allow it or some such, and then we moved) ... so even my own bedroom was a really nice big thing form me then. I never thought about a bathroom only for me. I had it for a month and a half when my roommate in the dorm had not yet moved in.

Oh, I am pretty sure I would not be especially happy with the collective dorm bathroom as you mention either ... luckily my dorm did not have those. I was recently talking to a friend who was in such a dorm on her Erasmus - the bathrooms were mixed for men and women, and the shower cabins only had transparent walls. She said she was shocked when she saw it, she did not want to take a shower there - but one gets used to everything, she had no choice, so she got used to it. She said in the other dorm there was a bathroom where the showers did not even have walls, so they were like the showers at the pool - just showerheads with no actual cabins to separate them. And yes, it was a mixed dorm. She said nobody every showered there, they borrowed the showers on the other floor. She was lucky not to live there. I wonder how the people how manage that dorm think. :idea:

It also depends what kind of people you share with. Just one person who loves to leave their nail clippings everywhere/covers the mirror with spat out toothpaste/sprays water in the whole bathroom while showering/add your pet batroom peeve here can spoil the fun for all the flatmakes ...

I am moving on Monday Monday Monday! Excited! Supernatural entity will be there! (Is it a very bad thing that I mostly look forward to him?)

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Of course it makes sense, the Sith are a very equal opportunities organisation, so the same title of Dark Lord of the Sith applies to both sexes, unlike those backward thinking,sexist Jedi who use master/mistress instead, using the diminutive form, implies their female members are lesser in some way, of course technically they are, but their male members are equally lesser too in that they decide to follow the wrong side of the force.

Actually I think there are more Ladies of the Sith than there are Jedi Mistresses :P I've never heard of a character going by that.

'Equally lesser' is a great term.

Also, this reminds me. Brace yourself, for what you are about to hear may shock you...

The not-boyfriend has never seen Star Wars. Worse, he didn't know who Luke Skywalker is. He didn't know Darth Vader is Luke's father. He didn't know who Han Solo or Chewbacca or Yoda were. This is what the word flabbergasted was invented for. I cannot fathom how you grow up to be 20 years old and not watch those movies at some point, let alone not hear about those characters.

So the question is, should I cut off his head, or just all contact?

(Seriously though, I'm going over there tomorrow and I'm going to make him watch A New Hope).

21 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Also, this reminds me. Brace yourself, for what you are about to hear may shock you...

The not-boyfriend has never seen Star Wars. Worse, he didn't know who Luke Skywalker is. He didn't know Darth Vader is Luke's father. He didn't know who Han Solo or Chewbacca or Yoda were. This is what the word flabbergasted was invented for. I cannot fathom how you grow up to be 20 years old and not watch those movies at some point, let alone not hear about those characters.

(Seriously though, I'm going over there tomorrow and I'm going to make him watch A New Hope).

Dump him now.

Just kidding of course. ;)

Spoiler

I have not seen Star Wars until I was 20 either. But I had heard of those characters at least.

And ... do you know by now that "watching something together" just turns into "making out while there is a movie playing in the background that nobody is paying any attention to" sooner or later? :leer:

:blushing:

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Dump him now.

Just kidding of course. ;)

Hide contents

I have not seen Star Wars until I was 20 either. But I had heard of those characters at least.

And ... do you know by now that "watching something together" just turns into "making out while there is a movie playing in the background that nobody is paying any attention to" sooner or later? :leer:

:blushing:

Well technically I can't dump him since we're not dating :P 

Yeah, that's what amazes me the most. The name Luke Skywalker meant nothing to him, and he doesn't have a clue who the guy's dad is.

Not this time :rolleyes: I managed to keep his attention on Fight Club when we watched that, and I'm damn sure not letting his attention waver now.

21 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Well technically I can't dump him since we're not dating :P 

Yeah, that's what amazes me the most. The name Luke Skywalker meant nothing to him, and he doesn't have a clue who the guy's dad is.

Not this time :rolleyes: I managed to keep his attention on Fight Club when we watched that, and I'm damn sure not letting his attention waver now.

Okay, then just cut all the contact. :P (Still NOT SERIOUS!)

I never watched Fight Club.

Spoiler

Supernatural entity and myself tried to watch two movies together, up to now. Both were such that he had already watched and I have not. We saw neither till the end. This watching movies together does not seem to work at all for some curious reason I cannot work out. :idea:

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Okay, then just cut all the contact. :P (Still NOT SERIOUS!)

I never watched Fight Club.

Supernatural entity and myself tried to watch two movies together, up to now. Both were such that he had already watched and I have not. We saw neither till the end. This watching movies together does not seem to work at all for some curious reason I cannot work out. :idea:

It's a good movie.

'Supernatural entity' is an awesome nickname. And I'm too much of a movie lover too allow myself or him to stop before the end. When we watch something both of us have already seen I only catch like 70% of what's going on though.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am not really qualified to wear skinny jeans because my thighs are apparently funny like that.

You mean clothing companies don't take sufficient account of the natural variations in human body shape; you are not the problem!

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

The not-boyfriend has never seen Star Wars. Worse, he didn't know who Luke Skywalker is. He didn't know Darth Vader is Luke's father.

That's very strange. Did you spoil him for Empire in the process of finding this out? Or is he going to be able to get the proper experience when you show him the film?

9 minutes ago, felice said:

You mean clothing companies don't take sufficient account of the natural variations in human body shape; you are not the problem!

That's very strange. Did you spoil him for Empire in the process of finding this out? Or is he going to be able to get the proper experience when you show him the film?

I was careful not to, I just asked him if I knew who Luke's dad was.

Also, I did not expect to finish the day mailing a pedophile :idea: (It's for an interview for school and he's never abused any children, thank god. It's too interesting a subject to resist).

9 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It's a good movie.

'Supernatural entity' is an awesome nickname. And I'm too much of a movie lover too allow myself or him to stop before the end. When we watch something both of us have already seen I only catch like 70% of what's going on though.

Thanks ... I am not sure how to call him. :wacko:

70 % is still a lot. :blushing: I mean I mean I mean cuddling! :blushing::blushing::blushing:

:leaving:

9 hours ago, felice said:

That is correct and exactly what I wanted to say! :D

I got spoiled about Star Wars in this thread. Not on who Luke's father was; I already knew that. But on who turns into Darth Vader, because I watched the new trilogy first. I knew somebody would turn into Darth Vader and that the old trilogy is about his son then, but I did not know which of the characters from the new trilogy it was going to be.

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Can I make him pay the price for his lack of vision?.

Also equally lesser is an apt term for all Jedi, they're simply inferior.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am not qualified to wear them because of my shape - my thighs must be too thick for skinny jeans, because I generally cannot pull them on (I have not tried in some time though, I just look for straight ones). Really nothing to do with aesthetics, just practicality. ;)

You don't pull skinny jeans on, you jump into them :P

You can take my skinny jeans from my cold dead hands. Straights, flares, or, god forbid, mom jeans make my thighs seem so much thicker than they already are. I'd recommend trying some with a high stretch percentage (H&M has relatively cheap but decent skinnies, especially the shaping ones). They have to fit real snugly, like a second skin, so having to jump into them does not make them too small.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

How do you mean, very un-Buckwheat-like? Skinny jeans and high heels have nothing in common (except I will not wear any of these). Some people have legitimate medical reasons why they cannot wear high heels, and they can still look nice and formal. Jeans are just not formal wear, as far as I know (but then I admit I really don't). I am not qualified to wear them because of my shape - my thighs must be too thick for skinny jeans, because I generally cannot pull them on (I have not tried in some time though, I just look for straight ones). Really nothing to do with aesthetics, just practicality. ;)

We had one bedroom until I was 8 ... (there was a plan to renovate the attic into rooms for myself and the valonqar in the house we used to live in, but that never happened because the neighbours did not allow it or some such, and then we moved) ... so even my own bedroom was a really nice big thing form me then. I never thought about a bathroom only for me. I had it for a month and a half when my roommate in the dorm had not yet moved in.

Oh, I am pretty sure I would not be especially happy with the collective dorm bathroom as you mention either ... luckily my dorm did not have those. I was recently talking to a friend who was in such a dorm on her Erasmus - the bathrooms were mixed for men and women, and the shower cabins only had transparent walls. She said she was shocked when she saw it, she did not want to take a shower there - but one gets used to everything, she had no choice, so she got used to it. She said in the other dorm there was a bathroom where the showers did not even have walls, so they were like the showers at the pool - just showerheads with no actual cabins to separate them. And yes, it was a mixed dorm. She said nobody every showered there, they borrowed the showers on the other floor. She was lucky not to live there. I wonder how the people how manage that dorm think. :idea:

It also depends what kind of people you share with. Just one person who loves to leave their nail clippings everywhere/covers the mirror with spat out toothpaste/sprays water in the whole bathroom while showering/add your pet batroom peeve here can spoil the fun for all the flatmakes ...

I am moving on Monday Monday Monday! Excited! Supernatural entity will be there! (Is it a very bad thing that I mostly look forward to him?)

I mean this (or something along the lines) is what I would have expected you to say in connection with skinny jeans: 

11 hours ago, felice said:

As in, if society is evul for expecting us to wear heels from time to time, surely skinny jeans are equally evul too and it's not your thighs that are funny. 

We had one bedroom for a little while too, it was horrible. I mean sister was cute, but we were sooooo faaaaaar away from each other, I was 12-3, she was 4-5, at 13 you really really really don't want to share a room with a baby basically. It was horrible for both of us. 

Oh dear god, I haven't heard of such. Even here where the dorm circumstances are stuck on a 1950 level, there are separate floors for girls and boys at dorms, with separate bathrooms. And yeah, a lot depends on that. I would throw out anybody who leaves the hair that fell out of their razor on the sink. Especially if that hair visibly comes from... Not their legs. (Yes I have seen this done, no I don't want to remember *cringes*) 

#movies, spoilers, caves 

I myself find it impossible to imagine how anybody can be between the ages of 5 and 60 and not have heard of Star Wars. I mean do they live in a pineapple under the sea or what, how can anybody exist outside pop culture in the 21st century? My grandmother knows about Star Wars! And of course I don't mean watching them. There are tons and tons and tons of pop culture movies I never watched, because I'm not interested or never got around to it. But I still know about them. I know about Rachel and Ross and Monica and Chandler, I know about Friends and Lost and Grey's Anatomy even if I never watched them. I know about the Terminator and Rocky or Scream and Saw or Edward Scissorhands and Mephisto, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Groundhog Day, I know these movies exist and have a rough idea about the story and the characters/actors. And as far as spoilers go, I know I have a very flexible interpretation of what a spoiler is, but something that's been around 5-10-20 years is hardly a spoiler, is it?

another two flats today, more shopping, I know it's hard to believe I have nothing to wear, I honestly don't, I got rid of too many shoes in spring, paying the bills, replacing light bulbs, getting a new dust bag, what else...? Reading. Got my Amazon order yesterday. *.* 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks ... I am not sure how to call him. :wacko:

70 % is still a lot. :blushing: I mean I mean I mean cuddling! :blushing::blushing::blushing:

:leaving:

That is correct and exactly what I wanted to say! :D

I got spoiled about Star Wars in this thread. Not on who Luke's father was; I already knew that. But on who turns into Darth Vader, because I watched the new trilogy first. I knew somebody would turn into Darth Vader and that the old trilogy is about his son then, but I did not know which of the characters from the new trilogy it was going to be.

Yeah but I mean, I still want to see the movie :P 

That must be a weird way to watch Star Wars.

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Can I make him pay the price for his lack of vision?.

Also equally lesser is an apt term for all Jedi, they're simply inferior.

Gladly.

When I show the not-boyfriend Star Wars I'll make sure to tell him that.

Archived