TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Are you implying that other dog breeds than corgis are not cute? :o That is so racist, I do not know how you became king with such ideas!

:P

18 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I also need to find a dress tonight that remotely resembles a Bond girl dress while the blackfriday sales are still on because I refuse to pay hundreds of euros for a stupid dress for a stupid party I really really really don't want to attend. 

Then don't. ;)

Good luck with the flat!

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Then don't. ;)

Good luck with the flat!

I don't really have a choice. 

Thanks, I'm so hoping this is going to work. We'll see. 

And I envy you. I walk past the mulled wine stands every single day and I haven't had a cup yet. This week it will happen. 

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

The cuteness of the dog or the cat is insignificant next to the cuteness of the hop hop.

My hophop is the boss in the relationship between her and the dogs. One of them actually skulks away from her now if she gets out for a run. So proud of the little darling! :D 

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I can't say that a lot has happened around here in the past week... 

So let's talk about stuff! 

It sort of seems like I may have possibly found a flat I can potentially move in around January-ish perhaps. May the odds be this one time in my favor. May god be gracious. May the lord of light shine upon me. 

I hope it works out! And yes, let's talk about stuff, for the love of R'hlorr.

After promising myself I wouldn't buy anything I didn't need until my next paycheck, I ordered the Complete Series DVD boxes of Justified and The Shield because of the crazy Black Friday discounts. But the reviews make me think I won't regret it.

Also I'm sort of dating a classmate from Journalism now and none of my other classmates have a clue :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Are you implying that other dog breeds than corgis are not cute? :o That is so racist, I do not know how you became king with such ideas!

:P

Where did I say that? I merely implied that corgi's are an excellent example of cute dogs, and I dare you to disagree with me there ;) 

On 11/26/2016 at 4:12 PM, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations to them, I guess? ;)

*high-fives* How is your life going, KiD?

Things are pretty good, Buck. Busy, lots of family stuff going on as always. Lots of shopping with Xmas coming up. 

How about you? :)

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I hope it works out! And yes, let's talk about stuff, for the love of R'hlorr.

After promising myself I wouldn't buy anything I didn't need until my next paycheck, I ordered the Complete Series DVD boxes of Justified and The Shield because of the crazy Black Friday discounts. But the reviews make me think I won't regret it.

Also I'm sort of dating a classmate from Journalism now and none of my other classmates have a clue :rolleyes: 

Yes, talking about stuff is not exactly popular these days. 

I don't know either of those shows but spending money on entertainment is always justified. 

Good luck with that, hope you guys work out! And don't worry about the classmates, you don't  owe them an announcement. 

2 hours ago, Q the Cat said:

Hallloooo TTTNE'ers

Hiiiii!!!!!! :commie: how are you, Cat? It's been ages! Great to see you around! 

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My hophop is the boss in the relationship between her and the dogs. One of them actually skulks away from her now if she gets out for a run. So proud of the little darling! :D 

You have trained your hop hop well, you must be very proud!!.

8 hours ago, Q the Cat said:

Hallloooo TTTNE'ers

Hey! How are you? You should come around more.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes, talking about stuff is not exactly popular these days. 

I don't know either of those shows but spending money on entertainment is always justified. 

Good luck with that, hope you guys work out! And don't worry about the classmates, you don't  owe them an announcement. 

Exactly, I'm glad you understand.

Thanks. And I know, but it's still a pretty awkward situation :P 

It was 0-2C here all day. Of course I had a lighter coat and no hat on. I got home half an hour ago and I'm still trying to get warm. Brrrr. 

Nobody wants to talk about anything, so I will present one of my current lifedecision-dilemmas to you. Any advice is much appreciated.  

Spoiler

As you know, I've been looking for a flat for months. There were actually three flats I had instant chemistry with, two were dismissed for different reasons, one is still on the table. 

Evaluation of the flat: 

Pro: big living space, laundry room, great bathroom, great storage place, aircon, security system, balcony with panorama, built-in machinery, good public transport, good parking, right side of the river, great district, okay street, good building, rooftop patio with even better panorama, lift.  

Con: top floor (aka colder, what if it rains/snows and the water seeps through the roof), building is on a main road, Small bedrooms, expensive (with the footnote that EVERYTHING is expensive) 

The problem: Do I want/like this flat enough to get into an expensive long term commitment? 

Sub-problems: 

1. Does the "perfect" flat exist ? Should I keep looking in case I find a better one? 

2. Is the property price bubble about to burst? Will I get a better deal if I keep looking for a couple more months? 

3. Should I adjust the flat to my current needs or to hypothetical needs of a hypothetical future I want to achieve in 5-10 years? 

4. Should I give up a couple check-points (location/state or the flat) in hope of a better deal?

5. Am I an entitled little bitch who should get a reality check and move into a crappy rental flat with a rusty shower-head that spits cold water in the outer circle of the city and commute 1.5-2 hours a day? 

Thank you for your contribution. <3 

On 27. 11. 2016 at 8:03 PM, RhaenysB said:

I don't really have a choice.

My condolences.

On 27. 11. 2016 at 10:23 PM, First of My Name said:

Woohoo! We need details! Talking about stuff, you just said that - now you have a perfect topic for our weekly does of intimate oversharing to anonymous strangers on the Internet! :commie: And of course, congrats!

Side question: What happened to the spoony not-boyfriend?

On 27. 11. 2016 at 10:23 PM, First of My Name said:

Where did I say that? I merely implied that corgi's are an excellent example of cute dogs, and I dare you to disagree with me there ;) 

They are cute, but they are no match for the cuteness of this.

19 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Things are pretty good, Buck. Busy, lots of family stuff going on as always. Lots of shopping with Xmas coming up. 

How about you? :)

Life is great, only the work is not all that good.

16 hours ago, Q the Cat said:

Hallloooo TTTNE'ers

Qqqqqqqat! Hello!

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Nobody wants to talk about anything, so I will present one of my current lifedecision-dilemmas to you. Any advice is much appreciated.  

It is cold here too.

My opinion is that no, there is not a perfect flat. You should strive to find one that is "good enough". (Or in some cases, the first option that you are offered and you can afford - I do not know the situation in your city, but apparently it is easier to find something than here. :/ )

You should adjust it to suit your needs now, you never know how your life will look like in a few years, especially in the period of your life when you are still finding yourself, figuring out your career, your personal life ... you can always make small adjustmenst to fit what you need later - I am assuming you are not planning to buy a cradle and a bunch of child-proof things yet? ;)

If there is  possibility (how do you know there is?) that rain seeps through the roof, you probably should not take it. A good building should not do that, even if your flat is in the top floor. In this case I would give up some other points (no urgenty need for balcony, roof terrace, aircon etc.) in favour of a flat that is waterproof.

No idea about the other questions.

I was in the cinema and saw Arrival. It is very very good, I recommend it. Will try to see what people posted about it in Entertainment.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

It was 0-2C here all day. Of course I had a lighter coat and no hat on. I got home half an hour ago and I'm still trying to get warm. Brrrr. 

Hide contents

As you know, I've been looking for a flat for months. There were actually three flats I had instant chemistry with, two were dismissed for different reasons, one is still on the table. 

Evaluation of the flat: 

Pro: big living space, laundry room, great bathroom, great storage place, aircon, security system, balcony with panorama, built-in machinery, good public transport, good parking, right side of the river, great district, okay street, good building, rooftop patio with even better panorama, lift.  

Con: top floor (aka colder, what if it rains/snows and the water seeps through the roof), building is on a main road, Small bedrooms, expensive (with the footnote that EVERYTHING is expensive) 

The problem: Do I want/like this flat enough to get into an expensive long term commitment? 

Sub-problems: 

1. Does the "perfect" flat exist ? Should I keep looking in case I find a better one? 

2. Is the property price bubble about to burst? Will I get a better deal if I keep looking for a couple more months? 

3. Should I adjust the flat to my current needs or to hypothetical needs of a hypothetical future I want to achieve in 5-10 years? 

4. Should I give up a couple check-points (location/state or the flat) in hope of a better deal?

5. Am I an entitled little bitch who should get a reality check and move into a crappy rental flat with a rusty shower-head that spits cold water in the outer circle of the city and commute 1.5-2 hours a day? 

Thank you for your contribution. <3 

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Woohoo! We need details! Talking about stuff, you just said that - now you have a perfect topic for our weekly does of intimate oversharing to anonymous strangers on the Internet! :commie: And of course, congrats!

Side question: What happened to the spoony not-boyfriend?

They are cute, but they are no match for the cuteness of this.

I was in the cinema and saw Arrival. It is very very good, I recommend it. Will try to see what people posted about it in Entertainment.

Fine :P

Spoiler

We met by chance through a dating app and discovered we were in the same year on the same school. After we also started to have classes together he asked me if I wanted to have a drink sometime, we did, it was fun, and I spent the night at his place last week (no sex, but some other stuff). We're going to eat spareribs together on Wednesday and then watch Iron Man at his place after, I'll have to think of an excuse to tell my parents for that ;) 

He's out to everyone but respects that I'm not and plays dumb when there are other people around. I'm not feeling butterflies yet but I do enjoy spending time with him.

Spoony not-boyfriend, well, we agreed from the start that we weren't looking for a relationship and would end whatever it was between us if we met someone we maybe did want to date. We met other guys at around the same time so it wasn't that awkward, we're just friends now.

Is that clear enough for you?

Those are cute, but corgi's are better.

I saw Arrival too and enjoyed it a lot, definitely worth seeing. I also just came back from Fantastic Beasts, which is the kind of movie I expected it to be but I enjoyed the characters way more than I thought it would. Pretty positive about the four sequels now.

@Buckwheat I'm 100% sure that the flat is waterproof. And I'm also 100% sure that the chance of rain seeping through the roof in a top floor flat is exactly the same as the chance of your upper neighbor's pipes breaking and his bath water seeping through the ceiling in a non top floor flat. Moral: nowhere is safe. And of course that's not something you can know, it's something a paranoid parent will bring to your attention.  And thanks for your thoughts, I really do appreciate every opinion being the frighteningly indecisive person I am. 

Oh I intended to reply to you @RhaenysB but it looks like I forgot.

1. I doubt it, it's more of a case of 'is this flat good enough?

2. If you think like that you're never gonna settle down somewhere ;) 

3. Nah.

4. Don't know what you mean :P 

5. You're definitely little but I don't know about the rest.

It's good to see everyone still chatting about keeping TTTNE from the neverending.

I hope you all are well and happy.

I simply got out of the habit of checking in here.  After moving in with my sweetheart, I now have an office so my computer isn't 'at the ready' any more.  

Quick update:  I had a major surgery in March and am now fully recovered.  I recently took a nice vacation in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.  I'm back to work and missing vacation time!  As I was a forum 'slacker' I ended up missing the Secret Santa signup :(  but will add a calendar reminder for next year.  

Hey - if anyone wants a christmas card from Oregon just PM me your address.

Archived