TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

3 hours ago, Q the Cat said:

It's good to see everyone still chatting about keeping TTTNE from the neverending.

I hope you all are well and happy.

I simply got out of the habit of checking in here.  After moving in with my sweetheart, I now have an office so my computer isn't 'at the ready' any more.  

Quick update:  I had a major surgery in March and am now fully recovered.  I recently took a nice vacation in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.  I'm back to work and missing vacation time!  As I was a forum 'slacker' I ended up missing the Secret Santa signup :(  but will add a calendar reminder for next year.  

Hey - if anyone wants a christmas card from Oregon just PM me your address.

I think I remember when you were posting about your sweetheart sometime back. Did you meet sometime in the last couple of years? Congrats on moving in together though!

I'm glad your surgery went well. Very jealous of your holiday to Mexico, I've always wanted to go

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think I remember when you were posting about your sweetheart sometime back. Did you meet sometime in the last couple of years? Congrats on moving in together though!

I'm glad your surgery went well. Very jealous of your holiday to Mexico, I've always wanted to go

I know someone who'd be happy to help you get there.

BOO! 

It's December! We can talk about Christmas without Buckwheat telling us off :D 

Gingerbread! Wrapping paper! Christmas lights! Christmas cards! Christmas music! Gift shopping! Christmas sweaters! Christmas pyjamas! All the food and mulled wine in the world!

What do we all want for Christmas? I want snooooooooow!!!! 

I want to go home and eat the first chocolate in my advent calendar! 

I hate Christmas, it's cold, I have to travel to relatives and I never get anything I actually want.

To make things even worse, for the most part Christmas food isn't pleasant and mulled wine must have been originally been invented as a poison.

We had snow last night! :wub: It is sadly all gone now (at least here in the city), but it is a good start, I am hoping for more snow soon!

On 28. 11. 2016 at 11:11 PM, First of My Name said:

Hide contents

Is that clear enough for you?

Those are cute, but corgi's are better.

I saw Arrival too and enjoyed it a lot, definitely worth seeing. I also just came back from Fantastic Beasts, which is the kind of movie I expected it to be but I enjoyed the characters way more than I thought it would. Pretty positive about the four sequels now.

Of course, very clear. ;)

Spoiler

How did your parents react to you not coming home for the night?

Arrival is indeed very beautiful. I will probably watch Fantastic Beasts next week when I visit the Old Buckkeep. I thought there were going to be three movies.

On 28. 11. 2016 at 11:22 PM, RhaenysB said:

@Buckwheat I'm 100% sure that the flat is waterproof. And I'm also 100% sure that the chance of rain seeping through the roof in a top floor flat is exactly the same as the chance of your upper neighbor's pipes breaking and his bath water seeping through the ceiling in a non top floor flat. Moral: nowhere is safe. And of course that's not something you can know, it's something a paranoid parent will bring to your attention.  And thanks for your thoughts, I really do appreciate every opinion being the frighteningly indecisive person I am. 

Ah okay, I thought you had reason to think the building was not waterproof.  Worrying about something like that really is a bit paranoid if you have no reason to doubt the building's waterproofness (is that a word?). Have you decided yet? I think going for "good enough" is what one should search for with such things. What does the friend with whom you are moving in say? Is she in a hurry to move or is she okay with going on looking?

On 29. 11. 2016 at 4:40 PM, Q the Cat said:

I simply got out of the habit of checking in here.  After moving in with my sweetheart, I now have an office so my computer isn't 'at the ready' any more.  

Quick update:  I had a major surgery in March and am now fully recovered.  I recently took a nice vacation in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.  I'm back to work and missing vacation time!  As I was a forum 'slacker' I ended up missing the Secret Santa signup :(  but will add a calendar reminder for next year.  

Congratulations on moving! :) And welcome back. Good that you are healthy.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

It's December! We can talk about Christmas without Buckwheat telling us off :D 

Gingerbread! Wrapping paper! Christmas lights! Christmas cards! Christmas music! Gift shopping! Christmas sweaters! Christmas pyjamas! All the food and mulled wine in the world!

Hey, I am not that horrible! :P I was even at the market already last weekend. And I plan to start an X-mas themed forum game here (if I find the will to do it), I have the idea pretty much worked out.

I only learned that gingerbread was a Christmas thing recently. I just eat it at any point of the year, because gingerbread is awesome.

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I hate Christmas, it's cold, I have to travel to relatives and I never get anything I actually want.

To make things even worse, for the most part Christmas food isn't pleasant and mulled wine must have been originally been invented as a poison.

Fortunately for me, my niece married a professional chef, he always cooks extensively for us on Christmas.

28 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

We had snow last night! :wub: It is sadly all gone now (at least here in the city), but it is a good start, I am hoping for more snow soon!

Of course, very clear. ;)

Reveal hidden contents

How did your parents react to you not coming home for the night?

Arrival is indeed very beautiful. I will probably watch Fantastic Beasts next week when I visit the Old Buckkeep. I thought there were going to be three movies.

I want snow too, stupid global warming.

I just told them we were gonna watch a movie we both wanted to see and that it was more convenient to sleep there, since he lives in the city where I study, they accepted it and didn't ask anything else.

Also I was looking for a subtle way to say this but fuck that - we had sex last night ;) 

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

Fortunately for me, my niece married a professional chef, he always cooks extensively for us on Christmas.

You have a niece? :huh: I thought you only had one sister, who had no children?

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

I just told them we were gonna watch a movie we both wanted to see and that it was more convenient to sleep there, since he lives in the city where I study, they accepted it and didn't ask anything else.

Also I was looking for a subtle way to say this but fuck that - we had sex last night ;) 

Ah, good. I am happy about not living with my parents in the time when the first such sleepovers in my life are happening. I would feel terribly awkward and uncomfortable coming home the next day and having to look my parents in the eyes. When I kissed somebody for the first time, I had a feeling that something was written over my face that everybody can read for a few days after.

Well well well, congratulations, big boy king. ;)

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You have a niece? :huh: I thought you only had one sister, who had no children?

Ah, good. I am happy about not living with my parents in the time when the first such sleepovers in my life are happening. I would feel terribly awkward and uncomfortable coming home the next day and having to look my parents in the eyes. When I kissed somebody for the first time, I had a feeling that something was written over my face that everybody can read for a few days after.

Well well well, congratulations, big boy king. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I truly believe my parents have no idea what I'm up to. I keep wondering when they'll ask me about it but they never do.

A boy no longer :P (Also, am I oversharing? :lol: )

ETA: Wrong word then, I meant cousin - the daughter of my uncle married a chef. The words are interchangable in Dutch. You're right about my sister.

Just now, First of My Name said:

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I truly believe my parents have no idea what I'm up to. I keep wondering when they'll ask me about it but they never do.

The thing is, parents have weird superpowers - they always know more than you expect them to. :P

Haha, I kept expecting my parents to ask about details about the supernatural entity long ago. They never did, until this week when this happened (and now I am oversharing :P ):

Spoiler

The supernatural entity is going down to Old Buckkeep with me next week for the award ceremony. :D

And my father asked over the phone if he was going to sleep in my room and what his "definition" now was, all the while repeating it is none of his business. I guess my parents decided on "ask nothing, know nothing" policy, which I am fine with, it is just surprising.

5 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

A boy no longer :P (Also, am I oversharing? :lol: )

All grown up, our king. *sniffs and wipes a tear*

;)

A bit, yeah, but it is funny. It is not like this thread cannot survive some "minor" oversharing. :lol:

12 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

ETA: Wrong word then, I meant cousin - the daughter of my uncle married a chef. The words are interchangable in Dutch. You're right about my sister.

Yes, I thought it was something like that. I am surprised that you have the same word for cousin and niece. I also always thought it weird (and lacking) that English only has one word for cousins (no difference between genders). Slovene is so much superiour, we have different words for all of these. :P

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

The thing is, parents have weird superpowers - they always know more than you expect them to. :P

Haha, I kept expecting my parents to ask about details about the supernatural entity long ago. They never did, until this week when this happened (and now I am oversharing :P ):

Hide contents

The supernatural entity is going down to Old Buckkeep with me next week for the award ceremony. :D

And my father asked over the phone if he was going to sleep in my room and what his "definition" now was, all the while repeating it is none of his business. I guess my parents decided on "ask nothing, know nothing" policy, which I am fine with, it is just surprising.

All grown up, our king. *sniffs and wipes a tear*

;)

A bit, yeah, but it is funny. It is not like this thread cannot survive some "minor" oversharing. :lol:

It might be more convenient if they knew, saves me an awkward conversation :P 

Ouch, I don't want to imagine my dad having that conversation :lol: 

In fact, this thread could with some dirtyness, it might be the slowest I've seen.

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, I thought it was something like that. I am surprised that you have the same word for cousin and niece. I also always thought it weird (and lacking) that English only has one word for cousins (no difference between genders). Slovene is so much superiour, we have different words for all of these. :P

Yeah it took me ages to realize they were two different things in English.

The more words the better, it's kind of why I way way way prefer English to Dutch.

40 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

i find it interesting i sniffed through at this particular moment...

so i shall say only this to the King...

... :bowdown:

and this to Bucky... :blushing:

Yes, you certainly have a nose snout for this kind of content.

:lol: He deserves a bow for getting laid? :P (I mean, of course he deserves a bow, he is our king. Long live the king etc. etc. *curtseys* I don't want to be disloyal here.)

It is very nice of you to think of me. ;):blushing: back!

11 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

It might be more convenient if they knew, saves me an awkward conversation :P 

True, it probably saves them an awkward conversation too. :P

Ouch, I don't want to imagine my dad having that conversation :lol: 

In fact, this thread could with some dirtyness, it might be the slowest I've seen.

There's some dirt for you, cause you asked for it. Nothing to displease our generous (with personal information) king!

I am sitting here sorting out holiday cards. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... *hums*

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Of course you do, you are a sith, you are full of hatred. Darth Scrooge.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

-

Ah okay, I thought you had reason to think the building was not waterproof.  Worrying about something like that really is a bit paranoid if you have no reason to doubt the building's waterproofness (is that a word?). Have you decided yet? I think going for "good enough" is what one should search for with such things. What does the friend with whom you are moving in say? Is she in a hurry to move or is she okay with going on looking?

-

Hey, I am not that horrible! :P I was even at the market already last weekend. And I plan to start an X-mas themed forum game here (if I find the will to do it), I have the idea pretty much worked out.

I only learned that gingerbread was a Christmas thing recently. I just eat it at any point of the year, because gingerbread is awesome.

It's raining here. Typical. 

I want to watch Fantastic beasts too, but I have no idea when I will have to see it. 

Yes, good enough is part of the new plan. Didn't get this flat, still looking. And she is okay with it, she has some family issues and is glad to keep close until that's resolved. 

I'm looking forward to that game. I love anything Christmas related. There's nothing wrong with eating gingerbread and wearing Christmas PJs in April. 

I am sooooooooo hungry where is my pizzaaaaa? 

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Awesome for the good food, and congrats on the having sex, I hope it was enjoyable.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Of course you do, you are a sith, you are full of hatred. Darth Scrooge.

Not at all, I just hate the food, plus would it be too much to ask for someone to get me something I'd actually love as a present, like an army of hop hops or a selection of Louboutins.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes, good enough is part of the new plan. Didn't get this flat, still looking. And she is okay with it, she has some family issues and is glad to keep close until that's resolved. 

I'm looking forward to that game. I love anything Christmas related. There's nothing wrong with eating gingerbread and wearing Christmas PJs in April.

Good luck with looking! I hope you find something soon.

I will try to sort it out tomorrow over this weekend - I hope pictionary will be finished by then. I want to see what happened to my original sentence! :commie:

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Not at all, I just hate the food, plus would it be too much to ask for someone to get me something I'd actually love as a present, like an army of hop hops or a selection of Louboutins.

The Hophop Wears Louboutin

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Good luck with looking! I hope you find something soon.

I will try to sort it out tomorrow over this weekend - I hope pictionary will be finished by then. I want to see what happened to my original sentence! :commie:

Thanks. I think this was the last description round so it should be. 

Archived