TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

15 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yay! It's an amazing book, do read the sequel too, it's absolutely great. 

Yeah, by the time you are 15 it pretty much goes down to a chocolate Santa Clause. 

(The big bearded man in the red suit brings gifts and chocolate on December 6th (St. Nicholas Day) around here - for those who don't know. On Christmas Eve it's Baby Jesus who brings kids presents) 

My mom owns a copy of the sequel, I'll definitely read it someday.

How would a baby bring gifts? :P I mean, Santa and his sleigh was never a realistic proposition either, but at least he could walk by himself, you know.

14 hours ago, Q the Cat said:

Good to see you here, First.  How is everything?

I find this a bit sad.  The art of the handwritten note should not be forgotten.  It just means more than an email or text.

Pretty great, started studying, I have a job and I'm even dating. So I really can't complain :) Good to hear you're alright too.

And I agree completely.

13 hours ago, Yukle said:

Dogs are the best. Better than most people.

I've developed a weakness for them lately, ever since I met the adorable dog of a friend's aunt I've been getting practically misty-eyed over every puppy in sight.

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You put your boot out (not on a windowsill here, but just out of the wardrobe in the floor) on thr 5th evening, and get stuff on the 6th. *nods*

17 hours ago, First of My Name said:

As Buck said, we do, except December 5th. Although people often just choose a different date to celebrate it on if it's more convenient for your schedule. We're a practical nation :P 

I like it. Why we don't have this?

@Q the Cat I haven't seen you for a long time! How are you?

Hi everyone how are you?

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

(The big bearded man in the red suit brings gifts and chocolate on December 6th (St. Nicholas Day) around here - for those who don't know. On Christmas Eve it's Baby Jesus who brings kids presents)

No no no, the one in the red suit is on Christmas. :PThe one in the middle is on the 6th December (the staff belongs to him), and the one on the right with the book is on the 1st January. ;) 

Well, it looks like he can also be in red, but it is not necessary - the high hat and the staff are important, and that he is accompanied by krampuses. :devil: Who has been naughty?

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No no no, the one in the red suit is on Christmas. :PThe one in the middle is on the 6th December (the staff belongs to him), and the one on the right with the book is on the 1st January. ;) 

Well, it looks like he can also be in red, but it is not necessary - the high hat and the staff are important, and that he is accompanied by krampuses. :devil: Who has been naughty?

Krampuses check. But the man who brings the presents is definitely Santa clause here. 

6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

My mom owns a copy of the sequel, I'll definitely read it someday.

How would a baby bring gifts? :P I mean, Santa and his sleigh was never a realistic proposition either, but at least he could walk by himself, you know.

I do recommend it. 

The baby is God's son. He can do whatever he wants. Maybe the Holy Spirit delivers the presents and you guys address your letter to Baby Jesus. 

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I've developed a weakness for them lately, ever since I met the adorable dog of a friend's aunt I've been getting practically misty-eyed over every puppy in sight.

I really want a labrador. I'm wearing down my partner to agree. I'll win eventually.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I do recommend it. 

The baby is God's son. He can do whatever he wants. Maybe the Holy Spirit delivers the presents and you guys address your letter to Baby Jesus. 

It's still not clear to me. Science has really failed to deliver on this front.

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

I really want a labrador. I'm wearing down my partner to agree. I'll win eventually.

Excellent choice, good luck.

Oh, and @ab aeterno I watched Your Name, it was excellent. Going to look for a version with higher quality so I can appreciate those damn fine visuals better the next time.

1. Hosting a party is expensive. I bought so much food and I still have to buy a few small things, and I hope it will be enough - or it will be too much? How can I know? And so much money!

2. How does one choose wine? I am going to ask the supernatural entity to do that, because I. Have. No. F*****. Clue. At. All. Like, what do you do? How? It's a mystery!

3. I hope that that thing is not going to be a disaster where nobody will speak to each other. :(

/Ihavenothadabirthdaypartyin11yearsandamcompletelylostnow

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It's still not clear to me. Science has really failed to deliver on this front.

Excellent choice, good luck.

Oh, and @ab aeterno I watched Your Name, it was excellent. Going to look for a version with higher quality so I can appreciate those damn fine visuals better the next time.

You have very high expectations. I don't think science is supposed be able to explain things like Santa's or Baby Jesus's involvement with the logistics and distribution of Christmas gifts. :dunno: 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

You have very high expectations. I don't think science is supposed be able to explain things like Santa's or Baby Jesus's involvement with the logistics and distribution of Christmas gifts. :dunno: 

Well then what good is it, damn it! :tantrum: The people want answers!

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Sounds like an appropriate course of action.

I didn't realize it was from the same guy who did Garden of Words but I should've noticed. It's odd to talk about camera angles for an animated movie but hot damn, those angles. And basically everything else that's related to visuals.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I didn't realize it was from the same guy who did Garden of Words but I should've noticed. It's odd to talk about camera angles for an animated movie but hot damn, those angles. And basically everything else that's related to visuals.

All of Shinkai's films are excellent except for 5cm Per Second. Don't watch that monstrosity. The ending of Your Name was trolling people who've seen that film. It's monstrous.

Some other Shinkai works you might like are Children Who Chase Lost Voices (also known as Journey to Agartha). That's his most Ghibli-esque work. Also worth watching are The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices from a Distant Star.

Also, a trivia piece - you know Mitsuha's teacher? The one who teaches them the words for "twilight". Her name is Yukari Yukino... now where is that name familiar from? 

13 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

All of Shinkai's films are excellent except for 5cm Per Second. Don't watch that monstrosity. The ending of Your Name was trolling people who've seen that film. It's monstrous.

Some other Shinkai works you might like are Children Who Chase Lost Voice (also known as Journey to Agartha). That's his most Ghibli-esque work. Also worth watching are The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices from a Distant Star.

Also, a trivia piece - you know Mitsuha's teacher? The one who teaches them the words for "twilight". Her name is Yukari Yukino... now where is that name familiar from? 

I'll keep it in mind. And I've come across some of those names before. I'll give them a look. You know, someday.

To be fair, I'm a disaster in recalling names, especially Japanese ones, and I would've had no idea that she was the woman from Garden of Words if I hadn't read it yesterday :P 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Tuesday night is tequila night

There's a bar near my house that makes a cocktail called Tequila Mockingbird.

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

1. Hosting a party is expensive. I bought so much food and I still have to buy a few small things, and I hope it will be enough - or it will be too much? How can I know? And so much money!

2. How does one choose wine? I am going to ask the supernatural entity to do that, because I. Have. No. F*****. Clue. At. All. Like, what do you do? How? It's a mystery!

3. I hope that that thing is not going to be a disaster where nobody will speak to each other. :(

/Ihavenothadabirthdaypartyin11yearsandamcompletelylostnow

1. It will likely be way too much food, we lived off the leftovers from our housewarming party for three more days and had enough (non-alcoholic) beverages for nearly a month.

2. There's only one way of choosing wine and that's picking the one with the prettiest label :P At this time of year you could just go with mulled wine, it all tastes the same anyway so no one will notice if you buy the cheapest :lol:

3. Just get them drunk enough. Don't worry too much and enjoy your party :D

8 minutes ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

1. It will likely be way too much food, we lived off the leftovers from our housewarming party for three more days and had enough (non-alcoholic) beverages for nearly a month.

2. There's only one way of choosing wine and that's picking the one with the prettiest label :P  lowest price tag. At this time of year you could just go with mulled wine, it all tastes the same anyway so no one will notice if you buy the cheapest :lol:

Fixed. 

Happiest of name days to Bucky. I would write something more meaningful but my head hurts.

23 minutes ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

2. There's only one way of choosing wine and that's picking the one with the prettiest label :P At this time of year you could just go with mulled wine, it all tastes the same anyway so no one will notice if you buy the cheapest :lol:

1. I figured so much. :P I am leaving to visit the Old Buckkeep the morning after the party (might not be such a good idea, but there were little other options), so most of the food will be left for my landlady. Well, I am sure she will enjoy it! :D

2. Mulled wine is just for outside! For either a Christmas market or when you are  shovelling snow. You cannot be inside and have mulled wine, this is just wrong. :P Prettiest label is a good idea, but I went my own way and asked the supernatural entity very nicely, so he is bringing it. :smug: I think that is the way to use this thingy called men, yes?

3. Good idea. I worry too much. :D I have not had friends over for a birthday in 11 years I think, and this is the first time I am preparing something myself (with the helf from the supernatural entity and the landlady). Back when I was in primary school my parents just ordered a giant pizza for all the kids. :P I hope nobody will be very drunk though. One of my friends surprised me by saying she is just drinking tea or juice.

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Fixed. 

Happiest of name days to Bucky. I would write something more meaningful but my head hurts.

Good one too. That stuff is expensive.

Thanks. :grouphug: I hope your head stops hurting soon.

Archived