US elections 2016 - "Go ahead, throw your vote away"

IheartIheartTesla

Just now, Castel said:

Clinton claimed that he possibly didn't pay taxes and he said "I call that smart" or something like that. 

And? Unless he has outstanding tax liability, he is not breaking any law.  It's beyond fucked up for someone to have zero tax liability on $695 million but that is on Congress and not the taxpayer.

Just now, Tempra said:

And? Unless he has outstanding tax liability, he is not breaking any law.  It's beyond fucked up for someone to have zero tax liability on $695 million but that is on Congress and not the taxpayer.

Fuck laws.  You're on TV, you pay taxes.  That dude from the first Survivor tried to get around  this, went to jail.

2 minutes ago, Tempra said:

Funny, I didn't realize that breaking the law was the final word on the ressentiment and concern surrounding taxes and businesses and "dodging".

3 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

He admitted he didn't pay it. He said he calls that smart. 

Which means he has smart accountants. People like Trump don't manage their own taxes except to sign off the tax accounts their accountants prepare, and attempt to explain to them.

How many people tell their accountant to "make sure I pay a fair amount of tax"? They tell their accountant to make sue they pay as little tax as possible, and accountants view it as their duty to ensure their clients pay as little tax as possible.

Trump only knows he has no tax liability because that's what his accountants have told him.

8 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Fuck laws.  You're on TV, you pay taxes.  That dude from the first Survivor tried to get around  this, went to jail.

Does he have outstanding tax liability to pay?  Unless he does, he has not broken the law.  Blame Congress for our tax code.  

5 minutes ago, Castel said:

Funny, I didn't realize that breaking the law was the final word on the ressentiment and concern surrounding taxes and businesses and "dodging".

Huh? What tax laws has he broken? If you know that he has broken the tax laws, why do you need his tax returns released?

Just now, Tempra said:

Does he have outstanding tax liability to pay?  If not, he is breaking the law.  Blame Congress for our tax code.  

Huh? What tax laws has he broken? If you know that he has broken the tax laws, why do you need his tax returns released?

Not concerned with this.  

Clinton is playing into his game here.  She needs to give young people a reason to vote for her.  she didn't come down nearly hard enough yet on sitty racist cops.

3 minutes ago, Tempra said:

3 minutes ago, Tempra said:

Does he have outstanding tax liability to pay?  If not, he is breaking the law.  Blame Congress for our tax code.  

Are you being intentionally obtuse? He's saying that breaking the letter of the law is not the only, or even the central, thing people are concerned about regarding rich people, taxes, and loopholes. 

Just now, Tempra said:

I didn't say he broke the tax code: I'm saying that it's weird that you're acting as if that's the only factor in the optics of things.

Plenty of things Trump talks about (like building factories in Mexico) are not illegal yet clearly strike a cord with his base, nor is it new for the public to resent people "not paying their fair share". It happens with big corporations and, iirc, it happened to Romney. 

Trump gets called on the birther thing, claims that he stopped it. Gets called on doing it up to a few weeks ago...repeats his story about stopping it long before then. 

He literally repeats himself three times and just acts like he stopped in 2011. 

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Are you being intentionally obtuse? He's saying that breaking the letter of the law is not the only, or even the central, thing people are concerned about regarding rich people, taxes, and loopholes. 

No idea what you are trying to convey.

6 minutes ago, Castel said:

I didn't say he broke the tax code: I'm saying that it's weird that you're acting as if that's the only factor in the optics of things.

Plenty of things Trump talks about (like building factories in Mexico) are not illegal yet clearly strike a cord with his base, nor is it new for the public to resent people "not paying their fair share". It happens with big corporations and, iirc, it happened to Romney. 

And the people to blame for Trump not paying any taxes on $695 million is Congress.  

When you prepare your taxes, do you opt out of itemizing certain deductions (e.g. mortgage interest) in order to pay your "fair share" of taxes? BTW, who decides what a taxpayer's "fair share" of taxes is anyways?  I suggest Congress makes that decision by enacting the tax code.  Again, blame Congress.

God Trump is such a sack of fucking shit. Man, I gotta give Clinton credit, she is beyond calm looking with all the bullshit he lobs out and how Holt fails to do his job. I also have to laugh that as I am writing this Trump has the audacity to talk about candidates being disrespectful to other candidates.  

Sounds like Trumps health is failing him with the constant sniffing.

Archived