US elections 2016 - "Go ahead, throw your vote away"

IheartIheartTesla

Just now, Tempra said:

No idea what you are trying to convey.

And the people to blame for Trump not paying any taxes on $695 million is Congress.  

When you prepare your taxes, do you opt out of itemizing certain deductions (e.g. mortgage interest) in order to pay your "fair share" of taxes? BTW, who decides what a taxpayer's "fair share" of taxes is anyways?  I suggest Congress makes that decision by enacting the tax code.  Again, blame Congress.

1) I'm saying that people aren't concerned with whether or not rich people are legally liable for paying income tax, they're concerned about the fact that rich people are able to get around paying taxes when they themselves have to pay taxes.

2) But we're talking about the optics. It's incredibly brazen and stupid to suggest on national television that not paying any taxes on $695 million income is "being smart," especially in this economic climate.  

1 minute ago, Castel said:

9 minutes ago, Tempra said:

And the people to blame for Trump not paying any taxes on $695 million is Congress.  

When you prepare your taxes, do you opt out of itemizing certain deductions (e.g. mortgage interest) in order to pay your "fair share" of taxes? BTW, who decides what a taxpayer's "fair share" of taxes is anyways?  I suggest Congress makes that decision by enacting the tax code.  Again, blame Congress.

Tempra: What are we talking about? 

If you mean that the optics aren't bad for Trump cause he can put it on Congress, sure, we can talk about that.

If you mean that Trump isn't to blame in some legal sense...sure. I...I don't care? I don't care anymore than I care that Clinton isn't responsible for the things Trump would pinning on her. Do you think that I seriously think that MacArthur is looking down on Clinton cause she had a public policy on ISIS just cause I noted that Trump seemed to make that line work? (in the room anyway)

I'm concerned about whether it looks bad in the first -and probably most consequential- presidential debate (which apparently a significant number of people are using as a way to decide what to do).

It doesn't tweak my moral senses at all. 

So...the first point is fair I guess. Trump has brushed off this shit before. The second...is not my issue. 

12 minutes ago, Castel said:

Trump gets called on the birther thing, claims that he stopped it. Gets called on doing it up to a few weeks ago...repeats his story about stopping it long before then. 

He literally repeats himself three times and just acts like he stopped in 2011. 

Exactly!

On another note, I am 400lbs sitting on my bed deciding who to hack next.  :rolleyes:

Oh, and despite having to make cuts to all budgets in my public service job, it is comforting to know that my little island is doing so much better than the good ole USA.  Thank you Mr. Trump, I would have never known.

Edited for grammar.

Archived