Am I a coward?

Elder Sister

It sounds pretty unaminous and I agree as well. It's noone's business and you are under zero obligation to share anything for any reason whatsoever. You are probably too well mannered to do so, but that reporter needs to be told to piss off. If he/she pays a visit, break out the garden hose and give them a good spray.

Sounds like the reporter was begin selfish and lazy and thought you would basically write a story for them.  Tough luck for them and good for you for saying no if you didn't want to do it, they aren't entitled to your story if you aren't in the frame of mind to give it. 

At the risk of piling on, I must second everyone else and say, Hell, no, you're not cowardly for choosing to keep your personal experience out of the papers.  Even if your ex weren't an issue, everyone would say the same thing.  You are not obligated to bare your soul if you don't want to.  The reporter was rather ignorant in being surprised you didn't want to - sounds like a person with very little experience of life.

Archived