need help with my Fantasy series and setting

lwhitehead

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

In this situation, will it help to have a badass avatar or will that only mark you for extra horrible death?

I repeat my advice from the other thread: Love Triangles! The kids love 'em.

Why stop at triangles? Love Heptagons is where it's at these days

11 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Eta:. Might want to have a lawyer peruse this if you use it, might be I've lifted it from Vivian St Black.

* could also go full narwhal

There actually is a book that has human/dolphin sex? :o

Oh, he can use the spiderdragonwhales I made up in my post aobve. They don't fit my world.  

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Why stop at triangles? Love Heptagons is where it's at these days

Well, that would certainly fit Charlemagne. He had more wifes and concubines than I can even remember. 

But if he starts bringing dolphins into the fray, he may be in trouble. 

33 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Oh my. I do have dolphins in a scene in my book, but I'm not going there. :)

Communication with extraterrestrials. Now, that's where the OP could go: the Templars have established contact with extraterrestrials and never told Charlemagne, who's understandably pissed when he finds out that it was them who by accident brought  those castrated Samurai wannabes to earth. Now he has a crusade on his hands, and no one can be sure which side those Templars are on. Or the dolphins. 

Hmmm.....

How about Charlemagne is an extraterrestrial, who has an elite guard of three dolphins and three narwhals. Charlemagne is stuck in a love heptagon with these critters, and no-one can figure out what to do. Then one day, the Templars summon Charlemagne to help fight castrati Samurai (who are also secretly vampires who turn everyone they meet into strips of bacon). Charlemagne gets turned into bacon half-way through, thereby complicating the romantic subplot between himself and one of the narwhals, but thanks to the timely intervention of Christopher Paolini and his band of literary pirates, the Templars are able to fix things in time. The book ends with the last castrati Samurai shaking his fist at everyone, and yelling that he'd have got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.    

6 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

The castrati wear a cow bell on their sash, over the groin, the pealing of which sparks terror into the hearts of their enemies as they approach.  

Just a question. Would these castrati have just the minimal amount removed or root and branch. I can see that it would have an influence on the pealing of the cowbell. You may even get a plot device out of it.  Of course if the aliens have tentacles,  the mind boggles.

Archived