NFL 2016 Week 3/4: The Darkness Peers Back

Jace, Extat

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Wish I had thought of this. Someone is going to sell some t-shirts.

Wentzsylvania_zpsd6zihtst.jpg

Don't worry, plenty of time to still make millions off your line of Los Goffgeles t-shirts, Manhole. 

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Don't worry, plenty of time to still make millions off your line of Los Goffgeles t-shirts, Manhole. 

Goff Angeles....Goddammit I like it! I like you kid, you're going places. Print up a hundred thousand of those and lit a cigar. We're gonna be knee deep in Boats and Hoes by this time next week!

14 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Jesus Chryst! The swing to the RB was covered and Hoyer looked like he was staring down the barrel of MechaHitler.

Brian Hoyer always spots his opponents a 3 touchdown lead. That's the only way to give them a sporting chance. 

Should be an interesting year on the QB market this offseason.

There are several teams that need QBs:  Browns, Jets, Bears, Niners. Quite a few others that may need QBs:  Jaguars, Texans and Bills.

Meanwhile, there are three teams with 2 QBs in the Patriots, Vikings, and Cowboys (assuming Romo recovers).

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Should be an interesting year on the QB market this offseason.

There are several teams that need QBs:  Browns, Jets, Bears, Niners. Quite a few others that may need QBs:  Jaguars, Texans and Bills.

Meanwhile, there are three teams with 2 QBs in the Patriots, Vikings, and Cowboys (assuming Romo recovers).

Did you count Teddy twice? :P 

I want to feel good about Dallas winning and how they looked, but I know the Bears are not Da Bears, so I have to temper my joy. Still, the offense looked solid, the running game looks stellar and that allows the passing game to open up a little more. The defense however, gave up 17 to a horrible offense and still gave up gash plays. When we play a good team this will get ugly.

11 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Equally shocking is what the Eagles D is doing to the Steelers offense. Yeah they shut down the Bears and Browns but this is arguably the best offense in the NFL. Watching their talent impose its will, the only conclusion I can draw is Chip Kelly fucked everything up in how he tried to use it. 

Chip Kelly played defense like he could have 105 underclassmen on the sideline ready to step in for a winded linebacker. You can't rank 32nd in time of possession for 3 years with only an NFL roster. On the plus side, those defenders are fit after the Kelly era, and a regular amount of playing time feels like a vacation for them. (And Jim Schwartz is legitimately a good DC. I hope he doesn't hop to a HC offer too fast)

I hoped for 9-7 with Bradford, and was resigned to a 4-12 campaign with the green and injured rookie before week 1. Barring an injury, they look like a 10 or 11 win team. Figure they split with the division, lose to the Vikings and Packers, and probably one (or both) of the Seahawks or Ravens. Still, a team to be excited about, and I didn't think I was going to have one of those this year.

11 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

So what to make of the NFC East? It looks like we've got the old NYG beats Dallas, Dallas beats the Skins, Skins beat NYG formula in place and the fucking Eagles are ascendant?  Who'd a thunk?

It's fucking weird. I'm done making predictions on this thing. 

59 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

This week Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 6 interceptions.  That game alone would tie him for the league lead in picks through three games. 

And Eli easily could've (should've) had 4 of his own as the NY QBs pay homage in their own way on this the 10th anniversary of the 5th anniversary of 9/11. Never forget. 

Archived